Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

"Raine's SC300 (KEIRA 2.0) From the Beginning to End."

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 01:13 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
I am inspired yet apprehensive. I started putting stuff into excel last night. This is going to be an eye opener.
Tell me about it, I actually decided to stop doing stuff after I ended up spending more money total over the 7 years I had the car compared to how much I paid when I originally bought the car LOL

Originally Posted by sr71b
so what you thinking next?
Realistically I'm in the market for a 4WD crew cab truck due to all the mountain biking I do. The MTB stuff went from a hobby to exercise to lifestyle. These days I would rather ride 3 hours or more in the mountains than spend 3 hours or more standing around in some lowered car parking lot meet hahaha

The SC was my daily driver for the last 7 years, and to be honest I love how it looks and turned out but at the same time it's been such a hassle to actually drive daily - speed bump dodging, driveway approaches, selective parking, etc. I loved the car especially after the new paint, kit, and wheels - but I'm a driver - I like driving things, and after doing the kit in the end it just made it more of a pain in the *** to actually drive.

But as far as "project car" goes, when the time comes maybe I'll finally do what I've always wanted to do - something retro classic and Japanese, or something American with muscle that came from the 60's
Old 06-04-13, 05:01 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally understandable have to do what's right for your life. Doubt the sc can get up trails, I know what you mean I had to park my car and get a ride yesterday because the car was too low for the entrance to the disc golf park lol. Well good luck with everything, hopefully who ever buys it doesn't ruin it.
Old 06-04-13, 06:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
I am inspired yet apprehensive. I started putting stuff into excel last night. This is going to be an eye opener.
Originally Posted by raine
Tell me about it, I actually decided to stop doing stuff after I ended up spending more money total over the 7 years I had the car compared to how much I paid when I originally bought the car LOL

These days I would rather ride 3 hours or more in the mountains than spend 3 hours or more standing around in some lowered car parking lot meet hahaha

I love how it looks and turned out but at the same time it's been such a hassle to actually drive daily - speed bump dodging, driveway approaches, selective parking, etc.
VERY TRUE ! It is amazing how much money and time we put on these cars and yet sometimes, instead of enjoying them we are always worried about them Honestly , it starts to make me think hard and wonder why we all go through this trouble ! I am not an exception to this. Then after sometime, we either sell or part out the car. I am as guilty as anyone else on this aspect !
Old 06-04-13, 08:15 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

HA! We just had this convo the other day... Looks like a lot of people have decided selling their SC's to move on to other things...
Old 06-04-13, 10:14 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sr71b
Totally understandable have to do what's right for your life. Doubt the sc can get up trails, I know what you mean I had to park my car and get a ride yesterday because the car was too low for the entrance to the disc golf park lol. Well good luck with everything, hopefully who ever buys it doesn't ruin it.
Dude the SC can't go to many places LOL

Originally Posted by gerrb
VERY TRUE ! It is amazing how much money and time we put on these cars and yet sometimes, instead of enjoying them we are always worried about them Honestly , it starts to make me think hard and wonder why we all go through this trouble ! I am not an exception to this. Then after sometime, we either sell or part out the car. I am as guilty as anyone else on this aspect !
I used to enjoy having it, I think last year was when my enthusiasm started dropping. Then when I got the kit and paint, it was weird because I'd look at the car and think "I really don't have to do anything to it anymore if I don't want to". Part of what made it interesting was the process over the last 7 years going from bone stock to where it is now. But at the end of the day it's still a 20 year old Toyota.
Old 06-04-13, 10:17 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

what's next for you raine?
Old 06-04-13, 10:21 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jadu
what's next for you raine?
look ^ there i answered this haha =)
Old 06-04-13, 10:40 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

lol didnt even see that! Get a tundra! they pull shuttles
Old 06-04-13, 10:45 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jadu
lol didnt even see that! Get a tundra! they pull shuttles
Too big, doesn't fit in the garage LOL
Old 06-05-13, 05:01 PM
Surren
Driver School Candidate

nice catch looking great build is nice keep it looking sweet...
Old 06-07-13, 09:07 AM
08WhiteIS
Driver School Candidate

For sure nice thread! awesome Dude!!!
Old 06-08-13, 10:51 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Surren
nice catch looking great build is nice keep it looking sweet...
Hopefully the next owner will keep it intact

Originally Posted by 08WhiteIS
For sure nice thread! awesome Dude!!!
Thank you sir
Old 07-29-13, 02:29 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Saw this car in Walnut! Looks good!
Old 08-04-13, 12:33 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love those gauges and the Workmeisters! Where did you get the gauges from? I especially like the windshield mount. Never liked the a-pillar crap, creates a blind spot.
Old 08-04-13, 10:31 PM
sc300jv
Driver School Candidate

love your car man what color is that that you painted if you dont mind me asking

Quick Reply: "Raine's SC300 (KEIRA 2.0) From the Beginning to End."