AJ.STYLEZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make a glossy black carbon too.
Old 06-13-12, 07:43 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

Got the new Full assembly water pump in from Toyota today. Fit like a glove. Should be no issues now. Got it painted and installed. Just finished up with Gates belt, new OEM timing belt tensioner pulley and hydro tensioner. Serp. belt tensioner painted and re-installed. Just finished up my version of a single turbo delete mod. Already had my parts powder coated before I thought to remove those pressed in steel tubes, so I took them out, tapped the holes and inserted a few flush hex plugs. Looks killer and SAVED $179-225 by not buying one from Titan or some other place. Pics up tomorrow. I have the front covers in the paint booth as we speak getting dialed in. Getting excited again. Cant wait to finally get this thing in the car.
Old 06-13-12, 07:46 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

damn so much props to you 1gs guys that tear your whole car apart and put it back together!
Old 06-13-12, 10:15 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
damn so much props to you 1gs guys that tear your whole car apart and put it back together!
LoL. Its an older car so it the hesitation is little to none. I know I wouldn't do that to my 2nd Gen, but my 1st gen all day long.

Need that roof spoiler in the pearl white that comes on the 1st gen pls. Waiting on the pics and fitment view.
Old 06-14-12, 11:39 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

With the water pump on it was time to get these freshly painted timing covers installed. Used ALL new gaskets on parts and plastic covers. New alt, gates belt, 94 Supra water pump, tensioners, billet pulleys, etc. Powder coated everything that wont screw up at higher temps, painted everything else. Also did a little single turbo water neck mod too... This thing is starting to look serious. Cant wait to get it in the car. Thought a few pics would be nice so here you go guys. First pics are of the water neck that I modded. Its easy and saves you some cash. The others, well...

In the process of finishing the oil return, thats whats hangin out in the pics.

Also on that wing we are gonna have to hold tight. They are deff. coming so hang w/ me, just gotta get this motor finished and in the car. Need that ASAP so I can do the fender work and get the height, camber, etc. set so it'll be perfect. I get alittle picky. Love stance but hate massive camber...
Old 06-15-12, 11:42 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Man, you've put in alot of work into this ride. Looks like it coming along nicely...can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 06-15-12, 05:57 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

Thanks man, it is ALOT of work, but I gotta say its for a good cause. I love the 1st gens and I think its time we had more bad@ss 1st gens runnin around. These cars are comfortable and fast as hell with the correct mods so i really dont see why they arent more sought after for tuning/mods. I guess people have just moved on to the newer 2nd gen models. We do tons of them at the shop here so I am kinda tired of em myself. I will say there area couple bad@ss 1st gens here on the board. Love seeing whats being done to others cars, makes me wanna work harder on mine. Anyway more to come guys. Hang with me
Old 06-17-12, 08:41 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

Looks like the motor is gonna be dropped inthis week. I have been working toward this for a few weeks now and finally I think its time. After running the wiring Friday night and reinstalling the fuse box and a few other itmes I think its finally time. Cant wait to get that thing in there and start some serious bodywork. Should have a couple wiring pics up Monday.
Old 06-19-12, 09:01 AM
trd4life
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an epic build. great for the jzs community. EXCELLENT work my friend
Old 06-19-12, 09:05 PM
yangaroni
Driver

pics pix picks!!!
Old 06-21-12, 12:50 AM
Exotic1
Rookie

yang, where at in NY are you??? Curious if you ride with any of the Liberty guys or what? Also seeing if your gonna be attending Import Alliance this year in NC
Old 06-21-12, 01:54 AM
yangaroni
Driver

Default hey

Originally Posted by Exotic1
yang, where at in NY are you??? Curious if you ride with any of the Liberty guys or what? Also seeing if your gonna be attending Import Alliance this year in NC
hey exotic1, i reside in albany, ny. i am not affiliated with a crew as i'm new to the car scene. those liberty guys are legit though. I'm looking forward to meeting some peeps and going to some shows. never been.
Old 06-26-12, 09:13 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

Well almost done wiring everything. After wiring is finished I can get the motor in the car. Just tried on some new shoes for the GS today. 20x12's that came in for powder coat work. They looked insane. I will post up some pics. i DO NOT want 20's on the car. just thought i would put em on to see how they fit. Honestly, looked pretty damn good. This should also help people here understand that our cars can fit CRAZY SH!!T for wheels under these fenders. Gotta stop being scared and go BIG

Last edited by Exotic1; 06-26-12 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-26-12, 09:32 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

Here are a couple pics of these Monster 20x12's that we just stuck on the car to see if they would fit. UnReal that they look the way they do...

Also I have No Idea what the offset is on this set of wheels (its not anywhere on the back either). AND The tire size is 305/25/20 in case anyone was wondering. And I dont have the car on the ground in any of these shots. Its on a jack...
Old 06-26-12, 09:52 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Did they clear the exhaust as seen in pic #7?

Quick Reply: Exotic1's latest G project!!! Tons of pics during updates