Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Teal Mist 5 Speed Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 10:15 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks so nice man, i love that interior, i cant wait to see what you do with it!
Old 04-11-12, 04:59 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sweetchuck
in post #7 i have the same cable , what is is and where does it go to? i would love to know , i have seen it in a salvage yard sc400 and cant find where it goes to. anyone know?
Yeah, I'm wondering if it would be to the antenna... I will research more into this and get back to you!

Originally Posted by LXCLSVE
Nice pick up!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by levie
looks so nice man, i love that interior, i cant wait to see what you do with it!
Thanks man! It's a little rough right now, but I'm hoping to get it looking perfect soon!
Old 04-11-12, 04:57 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Hey guys, small update. Didn't get to work on the Lexus, but I did work on my friend's RX8. We put new cat-back exhaust on. That took a while so I will prob get around to the Lexus for a little bit tonight. I also have had my climate control work all day today. The only thing that I could think of that would have changed this was that the battery negative cable wasn't connected well, so I reconnected that. I will see if it continues to work. I'm going to try and get my cassette player to work and play my cassette that lets me plug in my iPod. I also am going to investigate where the cable in post #7 goes. I will post back later!
Old 04-11-12, 06:40 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Okay, well today was interesting. I got the catback exhaust installed on the RX8 as I said in the post above, but when we were taking out the old exhaust, it dropped on my nose and now it hurts really bad. Let's hope I didn't break it. Anyways I worked on the Lexus a little. First off I tried to find where this goes.

I have no clue where this goes but it looks like it should plug into something around the antenna. I could not find anything tonight, but I won't give up yet!. I also found this as well....

This hose goes into the plastic box in the trunk under the antenna motor. What is that box? And why is this hose broken, and what does it do? My guess is it drains water from somewhere and shouldn't be broken. While searching in the trunk, I found some letter dated from 04. It seemed like a love note to me...

Anyways, I gave up on that and went to working on the cassette. I got that to work after some wiggling around and what-not. I kind of figured that's what she needed to get going. But my climate control went out again after being on all day! This is my biggest problem right now!

I also need to fix one dash light, but for some reason when I turn on my lights, there is light coming on saying that one of my rear lights is out? I'm going to check this out, but I'm replacing the tail lights sometime soon. Would a 3rd brake light bulb cause this light to illuminate as well? I had a friend check everything when I put it in reverse and pressed the brakes but I don't trust him...

Anyways, that's it for today, time to ice my nose.
Old 04-11-12, 07:22 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

It doesn't say a rear light is out, it says a light is out. Usually the city lights in the headlight housing, but also a marker light is possible.

Also looks like you have the better glass high beams, hence why they aren't turning like the plastic headlights.
Old 04-11-12, 07:35 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Oh, well that's a bonus. I'm going to be getting new head lights, fog lights, and tails soon. I believe the head lights are aftermarket as the inside of them is black. Thanks for the tip as well. As soon as I sell the Mustang, the parts will be pouring in. Woo hoo! I'm going to try to make a junk-yard run sometime soon as well and see if there are any SC's in the local area. That would be quite nice if there was.
Old 04-11-12, 07:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It is a nice pick up... Welcome to CL !!! let the modding begin.. That wire went to the factory cell phone plug in in the left rear compartment under the mat in the trunk.
Old 04-11-12, 07:41 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
It is a nice pick up... Welcome to CL !!! let the modding begin.. That wire went to the factory cell phone plug in in the left rear compartment under the mat in the trunk.
Thank you! And yes, let's begin! And that would clear up why it is there! I guess I will grab a zip-tie and just tie it to the antenna motor since there is no cell phone in mine. Thank you very much for the info!
Old 04-12-12, 06:37 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Okay, well another small update. Gave the car its first wash this morning and discovered that there is NO leaks! Woo-hoo! I also discovered that the gas fuel door thing is not working again. I press the button, hear the click, but when I walk over to open it up, it doesn't open. So I just took it out for now, no rain today, but I need to get gas. I also discovered this attached to it....

I mean I could use that to open it, but having the trunk lean on my head, pulling that string, and trying to open the gas door all at the same time at a gas station would make me feel stupid... Here is the motor as well...

Well that is all for now... Here's a pic of what she looked like after the wash. It was only a quick one, but one day, I will get to doing a FULL detail.

Old 04-12-12, 07:11 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Before everyone goes to bed tonight, I want you all to go out and change you cabin filters. At least pray you have one and that it won't look like mine. Here's a link on how to change if you can't figure it out... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mai...0-sc400-2.html

Old 04-12-12, 09:52 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The easiest fix I did to the fuel door was open up a little the metal springy thingy that bounces the door open. I guess it gets squished in time that it doesn't produce enough push anymore even though the actuator is opening up.
Old 04-12-12, 11:41 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
The easiest fix I did to the fuel door was open up a little the metal springy thingy that bounces the door open. I guess it gets squished in time that it doesn't produce enough push anymore even though the actuator is opening up.
Ohh, So the door is suppose to open by itself? I did not know that! I will work on that tonight. Thank you for the info!
Old 04-12-12, 05:47 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well, didn't really get to fix anything on the Lexus tonight, I did fix the shift boot quick. It's a Momo **** with a Momo boot. The **** is held on by 3 set screws and the boot screws onto the ****. Since the plastic tabs were broken off on the inside where the boot should be held onto. I used some small thread and wrapped it around some of the clips. It works, but only a temporary fix. I had to change my sister's brakes on her Passat, let's just say some idiot tightened the wheel nuts so tight that I went through two ratchets until I decided to just get a huge piece of pipe and a breaker bar and just do it that way. I was ticked off by the end of the job though. Anyways, I will see what I do tomorrow, I might call a junkyard or two and see if there are any SC300's around this town.
Old 04-12-12, 06:14 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Oh, forgot to mention one thing, with the steering wheel and the up and down tilt, it seems like when I use that, it sounds like the motor slowly dies and then it won't go up or down, but if I wait like 10 mins, I can move it up and down again until it "dies". Is the motor bad or would this be a relay? I hear something click over under the passenger side of the dash when I press it, so I'm assuming the relay is working.....
Old 04-13-12, 02:48 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well small update. I found out that the fuel door was broken previously and was glued back together so it has no spring to pop it open! So I got the dremel out and sawed out the small part that is held in by the small rod. I will get a new door sometime, but it's not number 1 on my list to do.

I also figured out that the tube in the trunk is a drain, and the box it goes into goes to outside. I took out the box and here is a pic of what it looked like.

I also was wondering why my fog light wasn't working so I took out the shroud that covers around it and found out that the cable that completes the circuit was connected. So another problem fixed. But I did find this box....

I'm assuming this is aftermarket. It wires into my headlights so I'm assuming that my headlights are HIDs? I'm not big on modifying headlights but I do know that when I turn them on at night that they are "blue" and they have to "warm up". Do they make regular white light bulbs for this, and if I buy OEM style headlights will they work okay? Also I looked at the fuel filter just to see if it was new or old and I guess you guys can decide for yourself, this is probably the top of the list to do....

Also, here's my shift boot now with no gap. I like the Momo style...

Well that is probably all I will do tonight....

Last edited by food7373; 04-13-12 at 05:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Teal Mist 5 Speed Project