Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-17, 02:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

^^^ yes with the PT-6870 and I love that setup SPA manifold with QSV. It is a very responsive setup... spool is amazing ... torque and power down low is unbelievable and made around 980rwhp at 36psi on the 6 speed. Still trying to find out why I am not getting over the 1krwhp. I know it will if I push the boost more but need to replace wastegate spring and need to get something to watch my EBP. I believe the 6870 has a little bit more to give. I know SP and Realstreet and Induction made around 1050rwhp on them.

I am not sure with your 7175 how big is your compressor housing . That might be your problem , whether it will touch the strut tower.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-04-17 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-04-17, 02:20 PM
76mmturbo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
^^^ yes with the PT-6870 and I love that setup SPA manifold with QSV ... torque and power down low is unbelievable and made around 980rwhp at 36psi on the 6 speed. Still trying to find out why I am not getting over the 1krwhp. I know it will if I push the boost more but need to replace wastegate spring and need to get something to watch my EBP. I believe the 6870 has a little bit more to give. I know SP and Realstreet and Induction made around 1050rwhp on them.

I am not sure with your 7175 how big is your compressor housing . That might be your problem , whether it will touch the strut tower.
They're physically about the same size. If the 6870 fit with it the 7175 will also. You can actually fit up to a 7675 on the spa manifold and be just fine. With my high compression and vvti I should easily break 1k on a 6spd also. That's good news.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170708_213553.jpg  
Old 08-06-17, 08:24 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

^^^ dang it .... just this build thread is 274 pages .. hahaha . And you spent hours for 7 pages . I am screwed

The thing is .. .yes they provided it for free, but what they did is like put everyone on hostage . It was sudden on June 20 I believe. So they ask people to use their database to store every one's pictures allowing free links . When they had billions of pictures , all of a sudden they use them to force people to subscribe ?

I have all the pictures in different laptops I have . I have really nothing to loose . It is just I get so many users asking me for pictures which i cannot send pictures per person. So when I have time , I don't know when , I will re post pictures.
I spent a lot of time looking for original resolution photos. I figured if I was going to spend the time to upload everything again, then I might as well go for original quality instead of the cropped photobucket versions.
Old 08-07-17, 06:39 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerrb, so am I understanding this correctly that photo bucket will re enable third party linking if you pay a higher month to month fee???

If so I'm almost curious as to how much it would be? Could it be done for one month? If so maybe we could do a PayPal/go fund me deal where we could pay for a month, then save the pages in a searchable pdf format. For future use. I'm just brainstorming here, in the end this is years of your efforts and you have already sunk a good chunk of your life in here it's just painful to see it all lost.
Old 08-07-17, 02:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ yes .. it's a yearly subscription of $399 . As I have mentioned before , I wouldn't even encourage it when quite a number offered to put up that amount in those days for the simple reason that IMHO it wasn't done right on the part of Photobucket. It was like a hostage style takeover or blackmail. They changed their Terms of Conditions and right away they started attacking heavy users like me on my threads . I was tempted to pay for it on those first few days it was happening but I decided that they are not seeing a dime of mine because of what they did ... hostile style take over ! They could have at least told people , in a month or two we will do this but it was so sudden . It was like blackmail.

I have all the pictures in different laptops of mine but I can't promise anyone that they will all be back on my threads . Just thinking about it , attaching thousands of pictures make me not do it .

It is unfortunate but we all know that pictures say a thousand words and I know a lot of people have learned through my thread. This incidence simply made me loose my interest to be honest . In fact I am now winding down to 2 or 3 2jzgte SCs. Well , I guess it gives me a chance to play more on my toys than wrenching and being on the forums.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-08-17 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-10-17, 04:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For those looking for pictures on "How to wire the IS300 Fans ", here they are attached . These diagrams are for those who want to setup them up in such a way they can be controlled in low and high speed mode .

These were supposed to be on this DIY https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...wire-them.html
Instead of uploading again photos (which disappeared because of the photobucket mess) of different threads I participated , I will post photos on my build thread and just put references like this.

IF you want an explanation of how the diagrams / setup work .. check the DIY link above or I had another post on this thread explaining how the diagrams work ...low speed / high speed ... post number 3953
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-toys-264.html

Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-is300fanswiring.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-is300fanswiring2.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-is300fanswiring3.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 08-15-17 at 03:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (08-11-17)
Old 08-10-17, 03:40 PM
Standard96
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hello Gerrb
A few weeks ago I started reading your build thread, but stoped since I couldn't see any of the pictures. The other day i found on the zilvia site there is a work around on google chrome called the photobucket embed fix. Here is the link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj I can now see all of the photos. Hopefully this will help everyone out.
The following 5 users liked this post by Standard96:
76mmturbo (08-15-17), gerrb (08-11-17), KahnBB6 (08-11-17), LoveSCs (08-11-17), SC2JZ300 (08-12-17)
Old 08-10-17, 04:05 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Standard96
Hello Gerrb
A few weeks ago I started reading your build thread, but stoped since I couldn't see any of the pictures. The other day i found on the zilvia site there is a work around on google chrome called the photobucket embed fix. Here is the link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj I can now see all of the photos. Hopefully this will help everyone out.
That's awesome. It works perfectly (until photobucket figures out a work around), and it would give someone a chance to go through the DIY threads and archive the info they needed.
Old 08-10-17, 04:25 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Standard96
Hello Gerrb

Dang it works ...thanks .

That would would at least make it easier for me to find out what picture is posted .

Got to do some work quick before Photobucket finds out and we are screwed again .
Old 08-11-17, 05:49 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I will sell the 1997 SC300 5 speed for $12.5k and I will get it a good paint job or you get the paint job and I will discount paint job cost. I can trade it for anything useful for me or my toys.
Wow, is that what these cars are valued at? I have been trying to determine what mine is worth, however it is sort of priceless at the same time.
Old 08-11-17, 07:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Wow, is that what these cars are valued at? I have been trying to determine what mine is worth, however it is sort of priceless at the same time.
Well , any car is worth as much as one is willing to pay

After their rarity , comes their condition , mileage , title condition and so on. A lot of factors would dictate the price of any given vehicle. Demand will be number one . Regardless of how good and how cheap a car would be , if there is no demand then it is not going anywhere . I have seen SCs even with 2jzgte 6 speed / Auto swaps listed for 2 , 3 years or even more and are never sold.

If you have a good , low mileage 1997 SC300 5 speed with a good title , I would suggest name your price and wait for the right buyer. These 1 of 120 are getting harder to find. Check all the Car For Sale websites , you won't find a lot of them. One day , someone will get interested with your car and be willing to pay the price you want. They are not so many anymore so be patient . I sold one of the black 1 of 120 for $10k in the past month or so and it is not even as good as this one I am selling right now. It had a lot higher mileage .

These 1 of 120 are sold better stock than modified that is the reason decided to take out the 2jzgte / v160 swap and returned it to all stock.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-13-17 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-14-17, 11:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While I am trying to copy the links of every post on this thread and my other threads so I know exactly what picture to re-attach on every post , I would like to repeat for those who do not see the pictures of my thread .

With google chrome , add the extension on this link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

Pretty sure Photobucket will find ways to stop that work around , hopefully by that time I am done copying all links and be able to reattach every picture of every post . Thousands of pictures to reattach . Trying to find out what pictures are on every post was what was discouraging me to go through every post but right now , with this current work around , it will be a lot easier . It will take a long time but at least I know I will be able to repost every picture as attachment.
'
Thanks again Standard96 for making us aware of that Photobucket work around.
Old 08-14-17, 11:06 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

I'm really glad to hear the workaround is functioning for now, Gerry! Hopefully it will last as long as you'll need it

Even with that, I think in the future there will be more than just this one workaround. Coders always find a way.
Old 08-15-17, 03:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ I believe I will be done being able to know what pictures are on every posts in the next 3 days so I can repost them when someone needs pictures of a particular post.

I have a combination of Weldon and Denso Pumps for my Fuel System on my Ultimate SC sleeper. Slowly converting the current 2jzgte / ATF built Auto Trans with a stroker 3.4l / 6speed drive train on the car. It now has 3 in tank Denso Pumps and a Weldon 2345a Pump capable of supporting +2000rwhp on E85 on 2 x -10an feed lines going to the front for the 12 injectors . Well , am just aiming for 1500rwhp so I have a good buffer.

Richard - here you go for the pictures . You turn on the pump using Relay 1 . The moment you enable a low input switch on your AEM , the pump is on . Its fuel output depends on how your potentiometer is set and it will be on kill mode if that toggle switch is on. While Relay 1 is on , if you enable another low input switch on your AEM , you actually are enabling the toggle switch thus going into kill mode using your AEM ecu even if the actual toggle switch is in off position . The 2nd aem low input switch will actually be a bypass of the toggle switch.

Summary : Pin 30 and 87 of Relay 1 will be connected to where that relay picture is. It enables the pump . Pin 30 and Pin 87 of Relay 2 will be on either side of the toggle switch. It bypasses the toggle switch.

I only use my weldon above 350rwhp. Up to that 350rwhp or 12psi on E85, I use one Denso pump so it is quiet while cruising and I don't uselessly heat up the fuel with too much flow. Above that I enable the Weldon . Then above +1250rwhp on E85 , on top of the Denso and Weldon , I enable the two other Denso pumps for safety or assurance purposes. We all know at that power level , you get lean .. you are toast if your ecu failsafe doesn't catch it . I wan't to make sure I will never be lacking in fuel up to 2000rwhp on E85 . So I have somehow different setup / wiring than yours in which you only have the Weldon. My wiring are not anymore as pictured on the diagram .

The Diagram I attached is what you need. You will need two relays. That is how the controller was wired before I modified it for the way I wanted the Weldon 2345a to work in tandem with the 3 Denso Pumps. Send me a text message if you need clarification or have questions.
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170815_115042.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170815_115111.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170815_115308.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-weldon2.png  

Last edited by gerrb; 08-16-17 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-16-17, 04:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just to make it clearer, here are some diagrams on how the two relays should be wired when you have the Weldon Pump and the 14000 Weldon Controller as your only fuel pump and it is controlled by an aftermarket ECU. With this, you can control when to turn on and off the pump and when to put it in kill mode through the aftermarket ECU with the conditions you set . But it also doesn't take away the ability to manually switch it on kill mode through the physical toggle switch. Hope this helps

Relay #1 - turns on the Weldon Pump once activated
Relay #2 - bypasses the toggle switch and gets the Weldon Pump in kill mode once activated
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-weldonrelay1.png   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-weldonrelay2.png  

Last edited by gerrb; 08-16-17 at 06:51 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys