Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 03-09-19, 03:54 PM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello mr gerrb! I read through your threads and also did some searching and I have a few questions. I was searching what driveshaft combination to use before buying a custom one. Maybe you have experienced this before but I did not see what the solution was on your auto mamba build (if you did, what page is it on ). I have a 98 sc300 with the gte vvti swap with aristo auto trans and using the OEM 98 sc300 diff with an os giken lsd (not installed yet in case I have to change the flange for driveshaft compatibility).

I seen a picture you have of the driveshafts, sc400 has 3 bolt on trans, the mkiv 6 speed and auto tt has 4 bolts and the n/a mkiv has the slip in. And all 4 ds look to have the 3 bolt end flange (from what I can see in the pic) that bolted to the rubber donut. What combination, (if you have done it I did not see it mentioned it I missed it), is best route? Sc400 ot aristo front half driveshaft and n/a mkiv rear? (Just example not right combo)

thank you!

Last edited by 4rcedfed; 03-09-19 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-09-19, 05:39 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

if you have the aristo auto TT trans .. why will you use SC300 diff ? that is a 4.27 gear ratio .. you should go closer to a 3.76 which is found on Auto TT Supra MKIV diff. If you can't find one , 3.92 gear ratio from the 92-97 SC400 will be your best bet. Then you should be able to use their driveshaft . It is easier to match driveshaft to your transmission then. You just need to change the flange of the Aristo TT transmission to match the front of the sc400 driveshaft. You can get the out-put tri-flange of the sc400 transmission .
Old 03-09-19, 06:07 PM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Originally Posted by gerrb
if you have the aristo auto TT trans .. why will you use SC300 diff ? that is a 4.27 gear ratio .. you should go closer to a 3.76 which is found on Auto TT Supra MKIV diff. If you can't find one , 3.92 gear ratio from the 92-97 SC400 will be your best bet. Then you should be able to use their driveshaft . It is easier to match driveshaft to your transmission then. You just need to change the flange of the Aristo TT transmission to match the front of the sc400 driveshaft. You can get the out-put tri-flange of the sc400 transmission .
ok got it. I haven't found a tt auto diff, so I got the os giken super lock ty 031ha. I will get a sc400 diff and the output tri flange. I just thought I can put that in my sc300 diff and change the pinion gear. But your solution seems easier. I did read my os giken will fit the sc400 diff. Thank you! Sorry to clutter your thread. I read on your post to ask any questions here instead of PMing you.

thank you!
Old 03-10-19, 03:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 4rcedfed
ok got it. I haven't found a tt auto diff, so I got the os giken super lock ty 031ha. I will get a sc400 diff and the output tri flange. I just thought I can put that in my sc300 diff and change the pinion gear. But your solution seems easier. I did read my os giken will fit the sc400 diff. Thank you! Sorry to clutter your thread. I read on your post to ask any questions here instead of PMing you.

thank you!
no biggie my friend . Any post ,as long as it is not something that go against forum policies, are always welcome and most especially one that can help others .

it is very hard , though you still find them (prices high though) , to find MKIV 3.76 TT auto differential assembly. In fact a friend of mine in CA is selling one now .. he works for FSR Motorsports . His name is Patrick.
Old 03-10-19, 08:29 AM
4rcedfed
Rookie

no biggie my friend . Any post ,as long as it is not something that go against forum policies, are always welcome and most especially one that can help others .

it is very hard , though you still find them (prices high though) , to find MKIV 3.76 TT auto differential assembly. In fact a friend of mine in CA is selling one now .. he works for FSR Motorsports . His name is Patrick.
I really appreciate your help! Yeah I kept reading page 5 of your build and the differences between the driveshafts. I have written down pages that I saved to re read, that were interesting information and stuff I can use for my build and future builds. Still missed a lot of pages I have to go back and read.

I should have waited on buying the os giken lsd. How much does your friend at FSR want for that auto diff if you know?

Ebay has a jdm supra auto tt lsd dif with subframe for around 1500(emailed them last week if he can show me pics to verify if it is lsd and just responded with a yes it is trust me lol), and a aristo diff for 1500 or best offer, i seen those last week and took a few days to decide to just buy the os giken since it is new. Read some good reviews on it over at SF.

And also, is there anything you are planning to sell in the future parts wise?

When you had your turbo sc300 for sale last year (or year before), I wanted to jump on it. I missed out on a lot of good deals on here and SF.

Finding a 98 to 99 sc400 ds and diff will be tough. I will give it another week scouring the net.

Last edited by 4rcedfed; 03-11-19 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-11-19, 03:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I know Patrick posted the TT Diff for $1200 .. 98-2000 diff have a different gear ratio . They are 3.26 . So you don't want to use their gearing.

It is the 92-97 that has the 3.9 gear ratio which is a lot closer to the 3.76 of the Auto TT Diff.
Old 03-11-19, 09:51 AM
4rcedfed
Rookie

I know Patrick posted the TT Diff for $1200 .. 98-2000 diff have a different gear ratio . They are 3.26 . So you don't want to use their gearing.

It is the 92-97 that has the 3.9 gear ratio which is a lot closer to the 3.76 of the Auto TT Diff.
Thank you for the info! Found his ad, texted him and I will pick it up this sunday or as soon as I get back from training. So now I have the correct big flanges on trans and diff just have to get the correct ds now. But now the options are easier, kinda lol.
Old 03-11-19, 05:07 PM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Hey Mr Gerrb. Did you have to port out your treadstone manifold at all in the runners or wastegate area?
Old 03-12-19, 10:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 4rcedfed
Hey Mr Gerrb. Did you have to port out your treadstone manifold at all in the runners or wastegate area?
I did do a gasket port matching , wastegate hole included, so I can take advantage of every bit of air exhaust. You don't have to depending on your power goals.
Old 04-12-19, 03:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Since this info will help a lot of people aside from someone who was asking about the M/T and A/T SC300 driveshafts , posting pictures here to see the differences and measurements.

the longer driveshaft is for the M/T

the rears are basically same so are interchangeable from the U-joint bolts

front sections

Somewhere on this thread , I have a post of all different auto driveshafts from SC300 / SC400 and MK4 for those interested in finding their differences.

As an update to my cars , just secured another classic green pearl 1997 SC300 original 5 speed more than 15 days ago so I have 3 of them now out of the 120 . After a couple of months with my NA-T, if anyone wants a boosted SC and are not in a position to go 2jzGTE ... GO vvti NA-T ! Just do it . You will have a lot of fun even with an all stock 440cc injectors / stock vvti 2jzgte ecu . I am enjoying mine even if it is not even yet at the 700rwhp I wanted it to be. Am just enjoying the stock ecu at this point.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-12-19 at 10:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
4rcedfed (04-18-19)
Old 04-13-19, 11:35 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

^^ That new (to you) 1997 original 5-speed... did we talk about that one the other day? Pretty soon you will have all 1997 5-speeds Gerry, haha

I totally agree with you about going NA-T with 92-97 lower & internals, a GE VVT-i head, and a factory 2JZGTE VVT-i ECU. So much potential for plenty of power in a daily driver with VVT-i and a modern turbo with good spool and efficiency characteristics. A GTE swap is great too but I think this flavor of NA-T (VVT-i) is becoming more popular now?

The front driveshaft length comparisons between automatic and W58 5-speed are a great bit of info!
Old 04-16-19, 07:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Craig - yes we did talk about this last 1997 Original 5speed SC300 I just got which brings 3 to what I have with these hard to find last year of the SC300 5 speeds.

I am telling you I am very pleased with the VVTi 2jzGE NA-T ... just very good response. The least expensive boosted 500rwhp one can have. I , by the way have confirmed that a PT-7675 with an H Cover fit on our cars with the IS300 Treadstone Manifold. Pictures on next post.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-16-19 at 07:56 AM.
4rcedfed (04-18-19)
Old 04-16-19, 08:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today, I just had to do it . I couldn't believe that only an SP Cover Precision Turbo would fit on our cars with the Treadstone Manifold based on all the threads floating around and those who have done it. So went to work and actually installed a couple of turbos on a VVTi 2jzGE NA-T with the treadstone manifold and find out which truly is the biggest Precision turbo that will fit on our cars , using the IS300 treadstone Manifold.

The biggest I have confirmed is a PT-7675 CEA with an H Ported Cover which means it has a 3.0" Compressor out. That is a 1200hp rated Precision Turbo. No guessing here anymore , below is the proof. This should help everyone planning to use the said manifold having in mind exactly what their final power goal is. On my end , I am looking forward to a very responsive 750-800rwhp NA-T final power goal. So am using a PT-6766 CEA with an SP QSV. With that power, it won't be too shabby comparing it with my other boosted toys.

Here you go as proof that a PT-7675 CEA will fit . I even installed a 1/2" spacer to check whether a 3/4" thick SP Quick Spool Valve will fit ... and YES it will .. just need to be a little bit creative in the installation / bolting of stuff cause it will be tight. Actually that 1/2" spacer was really necessary to put space between the exhaust manifold and the compressor housing. The H Ported Cover (3" out) for Precision Turbos is a lot larger than the S Ported Cover (2.5" Out) . Otherwise , your charged air will be heated by that hot exhaust runner.

You have enough space from the strut tower.

You have enough space to clock the compressor housing

You will need to clock or rotate that AC low side charge inlet so it is easy to charge the AC and that inlet won't be touching the turbine housing and be heated

added a 1/2" spacer to simulate a 3/4" SP Quick spool valve . My conclusion is yes a QSV will be tight but will fit even with an H Ported compressor housing on a PT-6766, PT-6870 , PT-6875 and PT-7675 CEA which all have the same footprints when it comes to the compressor H Housing .

Last edited by gerrb; 04-17-19 at 04:01 AM.
4rcedfed (04-18-19)
Old 04-16-19, 10:32 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Looks pretty good in there!
If you need more space between the turbo and the water pipe, you can flip that water outlet if you grind the tab off and it will end up closer to the alternator.
It does get in the way of the return line some, but better than the turbo. I flipped mine while it is all apart just in case.
Old 04-16-19, 11:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ali - I was wrong. I thought the PT-7675 CEA which is rated 1200hp wouldn't fit cause engine vibration would just damage the turbo with continous hit on the strut tower. That was based on my previous measurements of the setup on an engine that was on the stand. But I wanted to confirm so decided to go to work and confirm at the engine bay. Indeed there is ample room for an H Cover Precision Turbo and not just those with the SP Cover .

Now we have proof for the biggest Precision Turbo we can fit on our SCs with the IS300 Treadstone Manifold. Instead of the PT-6266 am trying to look for , since I have a PT-6766 CEA laying around , I can use it on this NA-T . After all I have the right ingredients for it to be very responsive ......9.2:1 compression , VVTi , QSV and E85 , so it should be a fun car down low but will still have the steam for the power up above 700 to 800rwhp which the stock GTE / non vvti GE rods can safely handle occasionally without abusing them . Though , having a couple of short blocks and aftermarket rods sitting around , thinking of assembling a built bottom end for an NA-T just in case something happens on this 250k miles stock short block from Craig . You are right , that coolant pipe can be rotated downwards. That I will do .

Craig - your stock 250k miles short block will now be put to the test with a bigger turbo and power more than I initially planned .

Last edited by gerrb; 04-16-19 at 04:20 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys