Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 05-11-17, 03:42 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
These buddies of mine have managed to convince me to let go of two or three SCs now and that will include giving up 2 original 1997 5speed since I can't seem to wrap up my mind in giving up any of my four 6speed MKIVs at this point. I guess I really just came to the realization that I need to cut down now on my toys. It doesn't make any sense keeping 10 2jz toys.
I saw a white 1 of 120 for sale on the facebook groups this morning. It was listed on Atlanta Craigslist. When I noticed, it made me wonder how much time will pass before the car ends up in your possession.

Now, I'm checking CL only to find out you're planning on selling your 1 of 120 cars.
Old 05-11-17, 03:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I saw a white 1 of 120 for sale on the facebook groups this morning. It was listed on Atlanta Craigslist. When I noticed, it made me wonder how much time will pass before the car ends up in your possession.

Now, I'm checking CL only to find out you're planning on selling your 1 of 120 cars.
Lol ,friends and family members always tell me and many times for a moment are able to convince me that I need to cut down on my toys . Then when someone start asking me about prices , I say "NOT FOR SALE " ... , HAHAHA.... I don't know . Hard to let go at times. You get so attached for all the work you have done on them. One reason why I end up with so many 2jz toys. So let us see . Those 1 of 120s are not getting out of my sight easily especially for a give away price. It isn't happening . It has to be a price I cannot refuse.

I have seen that white 1 of 120 for $6999 . In fact there is another white 1 of 120 around 25 miles away from me which I haven't seen listed so far in any site but the owner told me I can have it for $4500. Was tempted to grab it but I was able to control myself . Besides , I prefer one that is not running so I can get it cheap and put in a 2jzGTE . A running car won't make any sense for me .

Last edited by gerrb; 05-11-17 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-11-17, 04:39 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

then when someone start asking about prices , I say "NOT FOR SALE " ... ..HAHAHA. I don't know . Hard to let go at times. You get so attached for all the work you have done on them. So let us see . Those 1 of 120s are not getting out of my sight easily much less for a low price ? It isn't happening . It has to be a price I cannot refuse.
I know that feeling too well. I bought my SC when I was 19 or 20, and I had this dream of the perfect SC in my head. I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to afford it, so I put my car up for sale. I was working with a buyer for a few weeks, and when he was ready to bring a check to buy the car (at my asking price) I backed out of the deal. I couldn't convince myself to sell the car. 8 years later, I'm still working on building the same car I envisioned almost 10 years ago.

Sounds like you're on your way to using my method. I put parts up for sale with no expectations to sell them. I just want to see if I get any bites. hahaha
Old 05-16-17, 03:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I know that feeling too well. I bought my SC when I was 19 or 20, and I had this dream of the perfect SC in my head. I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to afford it, so I put my car up for sale. I was working with a buyer for a few weeks, and when he was ready to bring a check to buy the car (at my asking price) I backed out of the deal. I couldn't convince myself to sell the car. 8 years later, I'm still working on building the same car I envisioned almost 10 years ago.

Sounds like you're on your way to using my method. I put parts up for sale with no expectations to sell them. I just want to see if I get any bites. hahaha
Right now decided to start searching for a Lexus SC430 to complete my 2jzGTE Lexus SC collection . On the Lexus Car Classified , started a thread looking for a trade (for now, before selling) ... Lexus SC430 trade for a 2jzGTE SC or 1997 SC300 5speed or BOTH as long as it is a fair trade. A non running Lexus SC430 would be fine as long as it has a very clean body , clean White exterior paint and a Saddle interior , mechanically sound , clean title and no history of accident, rebuilt or salvage. I really don't care about the engine , transmission or drive train. I will swap a 2jzGTE / V160 6speed anyway . That completes my SC Collection with the 2jzGTE drivetrain.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-17-17 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-16-17, 03:23 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I came across a sc430 with a salvage title the other day, front bumper and lower radiator support were smashed but everything else looks ok. had some slight hail damage and interior seats etc.. were shot. Guy was going to give it to me for 3k which is silly for a sc430, but then I thought of all the work it needed plus the salvage title and had to pass on it. thought about gutting it for a track/drift car but had to control myself lol.
Old 05-16-17, 07:27 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've been wanting to do that for years... glad to hear you are finally going to pull the trigger. Gonna be sweet!!
Old 05-16-17, 08:02 PM
MJG87
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have always wished they included a 2JZGTE in these things. My mate had the Aristo with the 2JZGTE and it was the ultimate sleeper, caught a lot of people by surprise with only a few basic mods. Did you guys get the 1JZGTE Totota Soarer Versions of the 400 in the U.S? I raced a few of them in my skyline thinking they were the 1UZ models and was unpleasantly surprised when they absolutely smoked me. 1JZ is a fantastic engine.
Old 05-16-17, 08:13 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG87
I have always wished they included a 2JZGTE in these things. My mate had the Aristo with the 2JZGTE and it was the ultimate sleeper, caught a lot of people by surprise with only a few basic mods. Did you guys get the 1JZGTE Totota Soarer Versions of the 400 in the U.S? I raced a few of them in my skyline thinking they were the 1UZ models and was unpleasantly surprised when they absolutely smoked me. 1JZ is a fantastic engine.
1JZ never came on any cars in the US.
Old 05-16-17, 08:20 PM
MJG87
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
1JZ never came on any cars in the US.
Well Thats a shame, we get plenty of imports here in Australia with them. They are a great alternative to the RB25DET Neo in the R34 skylines. Great engine for swapping into a lot of different cars.
Old 05-17-17, 03:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I came across a sc430 with a salvage title the other day, front bumper and lower radiator support were smashed but everything else looks ok. had some slight hail damage and interior seats etc.. were shot. Guy was going to give it to me for 3k which is silly for a sc430, but then I thought of all the work it needed plus the salvage title and had to pass on it. thought about gutting it for a track/drift car but had to control myself lol.
Here in GA , it is a pain dealing with cars that has a rebuilt or salvage history. I just want a clean one so I can just drop a stock 2jzgte / V160 6 speed and be a cruiser . It's a convertible so no point of having a high hp sc430 for me. I just want to complete my Lexus SC collection. Will have a 1992-1996 look SC , a 1997-2000 look SC , an SC with the Auto Couture and a convertible SC .. all with the 2jzGTE / two with 6 speed and two with a built Auto trans.

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
You've been wanting to do that for years... glad to hear you are finally going to pull the trigger. Gonna be sweet!!
yeah , finally made up my mind . It doesn't make any sense anymore keeping 6 SCs which I have now since I am not about to let go any of my four 6 speed MKIVs any time soon. Three of the SCs have to go. I would only keep 3 of them ...one with a High HP Single Turbo 6speed, one with a High HP Single Built Auto Trans , One with an aftermarket twins and auto trans for daily driving plus the convertible SC430 with 2jzGTE / 6speed for a cruiser to enjoy a fine weather in a convertible.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (05-17-17)
Old 05-17-17, 01:44 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There is another white 1 of 120 around 25 miles away from me which I haven't seen listed so far in any site but the owner told me I can have it for $4500. Was tempted to grab it but I was able to control myself . Besides , I prefer one that is not running so I can get it cheap and put in a 2jzGTE . A running car won't make any sense for me .
oh, MAN!!! that's a steal for a '97 5spd depending on the condition.. but if you were tempted I'm sure it's in great condition. I'd be all over that if I could (my friend just lost out on a good deal low-mileage '96 5spd so we're kinda bummed).. i've been searching for a second 5spd SC300, preferably '97 but any year before that is fine. $4,500!! reconsider it

Last edited by Ezroni; 05-17-17 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-17-17, 08:34 PM
Serg02
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spent the last 2 weeks reading your thread before bed lol. I picked up a 96 sc300 because I was so inspired by your thread.
Ezroni (05-18-17)
Old 05-18-17, 07:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ezroni
oh, MAN!!! that's a steal for a '97 5spd depending on the condition.. but if you were tempted I'm sure it's in great condition. I'd be all over that if I could (my friend just lost out on a good deal low-mileage '96 5spd so we're kinda bummed).. i've been searching for a second 5spd SC300, preferably '97 but any year before that is fine. $4,500!! reconsider it
I know it is but it is now time for me to wind down on the number of SCs I should keep . Having 6 of them right now doesn't anymore make sense .

If you are interested with that white 1997 5speed , I can give you the phone number of the guy who owns it.

Originally Posted by Serg02
I spent the last 2 weeks reading your thread before bed lol. I picked up a 96 sc300 because I was so inspired by your thread.
Thank you sir ! Hope you have learned a thing or two from the thread since that was the intention why I documented what I do on my cars, be able to help others.
Old 05-18-17, 03:00 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Serg02
it better not be that '96 renaissance red 5spd one my friend and I were trying to buy someone snatched it right before we could take a look at it haha. But welcome to the club man

I know it is but it is now time for me to wind down on the number of SCs I should keep . Having 6 of them right now doesn't anymore make sense .

If you are interested with that white 1997 5speed , I can give you the phone number of the guy who owns it.
lol thanks but georgia isn't exactly down the block from me
Old 05-18-17, 05:00 PM
Serg02
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you sir ! Hope you have learned a thing or two from the thread since that was the intention why I documented what I do on my cars, be able to help others.[/QUOTE]

Very much appreciate it! I'm 19 and one day I hope to build a car like yours
Ezroni (05-19-17)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys