Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-14, 05:17 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by leighton1
Yeah the engine is secured. Braced it some more (dont have ppl in garage where they dont belong).Took off work today to clean and really check it out as best as I can. Dyed floor carpet black, will do third coating when sunny. Now G wont start, thinking its plugs (never been changed).
Read another build of guy up in BC using a T56 trans w/adapter (6sp.) for his SC400. Since w58s are so hard to find and expensive, what do you think of the T56s??? Probably swing by tomorrow later to pick up O2 sensors (and other parts probably) before you junk the SC. Cant get over the beasts you have in your yard. If some of these forum members could see them in person, they'd need their jaws realigned from it dropping....for real!
Thanks for the compliments... you know with the so many who have seen my cars in person and are taking pictures of my engine bays , I have started charging $5 per shot... hahahahah.. j/k. I don't know of anyone who came to my place and didn't request to snap pictures. Yesterday a guy drove all the way from Tampa (Silkworm90) just to pickup some black interior parts and couldn't help but take a couple of shots too...hehehe. He said it was well worth the trip having seen my toys... well he didn't expect the black interior parts to be in really good shape too.

I suggest you start a build thread for you car. . Post pictures ... document your progress and a lot of people here am sure will be willing to help . It will be a long road but take your time and enjoy .. its a learning process for a lot of us .

I will be honest I have no idea of the T56s..maybe some who knows will chime in. All my manual cars have V160. Bottom line, whatever you are going into..compute all your costs for the conversion. If at the end of the day you are not going far from a V160 then for me it is a no brainer go V160. And of course , you need to take into consideration your END power goal so you don't end up buying and then replacing..

Last edited by gerrb; 03-28-14 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-28-14, 05:30 PM
leighton1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, will do. Gotta reopen my connection line in S. Fla. as that's where anything SC can be sourced readily (for the most part)....SCs are killers!
Old 04-02-14, 10:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

started taking parts one at a time out of the engine and clean / paint them

I said no bling bling on this project but I guess I lied.. lmaol...some parts are already polished / chromed so I might as well eventually polish them good

Last edited by gerrb; 04-02-14 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-02-14, 01:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

tensioner cleaned / painted

Old 04-02-14, 03:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Twin Turbo backhousings where coated with DEI Silicone coating 1500degrees then painted with VHT High Temp

Old 04-02-14, 03:46 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Time to get the center housings of turbos be painted and the compressor housing be re-polished or chromed.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-02-14 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-03-14, 03:53 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Took out the brake booster and fuel tank from one of the parts car. I will paint the brake booster same as body color for the current project. I would also try to see if I can modify the fuel tank so the Weldon pump can pull fuel from the bottom instead from the top just like the way I have it now on Red Mamba 1.

This is my current Weldon setup on Red Mamba 1 .. pulling fuel from the top hat. I would see if I can do it another way .. from the bottom just like one of my MKIVs

Old 04-03-14, 04:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have never seen it done before in an SC but I will try if I can cut a hole through the trunk bed then into the fuel tank where the sump is.. just like this on my MKIV

Old 04-09-14, 02:56 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

heyhey....

I would weld the water line instead of plugging those with rubber hose and bolt. I should have welded mine when the engine was out.

I like those twins... I also need to catch up what I missed on this build
Old 04-09-14, 05:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
heyhey....

I would weld the water line instead of plugging those with rubber hose and bolt. I should have welded mine when the engine was out.

I like those twins... I also need to catch up what I missed on this build
Damn, you are alive... been a while.

That coolant elbow will be modified. It wouldn't work the way it is right now cause it touches the compressor housing. I couldn't bolt down the turbo into the manifold. I just put together all the external parts / accessories needed by that engine so they are not all over the place.

I always wanted an aftermarket twin 2jzgte setup. Hopefully this will make it a reality since I didn't spend that much on this built engine... $2000 but have sold the HKS cam gears for $200 so .. my cost on the engine with that intake / injectors and another stock intake is now only at $1800.
Old 04-11-14, 03:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I hate sanding / body work but since I wanted to shave the engine bay of Red Mamba 2 , covering all small holes, I spent the day sanding .. still a lot of work to be done.

Old 04-23-14, 09:10 AM
JeiceLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Props to having so much patience for posting every single detail. Much respect!! Great job. keep posting ...
Old 04-25-14, 03:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JeiceLexus
Props to having so much patience for posting every single detail. Much respect!! Great job. keep posting ...
thank you..... kinda loosing interest at the moment . Have not worked on this SC for a while. Almost sold one of my MKIV and this SC the other week and bought a GTR but I find it hard to let go of the MKIV at the moment.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-25-14 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 08:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I thought of selling the huge aftermarket intake manifold and 100mm TB / 1000cc injector setup since I didn't want to use a manifold without an IACV. They have welded it shut so I made an ad for it.

But decided to work and open up the IACV port today and maybe just use it. All I get are low ballers for the setup. After all it already has the individual bungs for the DIRECT PORT NITROUS setup I wanted.

Old 04-27-14, 12:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

done ....

Direct Port Nitrous Nozzle Ports have allen bolts right now so intake can be used without nitrous but is ready !

Last edited by gerrb; 04-27-14 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys