Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 02:48 PM
MacGyverQu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have done some truly amazing work. So much to take in from this one thread alone. #subscribed
Old 08-20-13, 03:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyverQu
You have done some truly amazing work. So much to take in from this one thread alone. #subscribed
Thank you sir ! Just trying my best , after all the failures in asking other people to work on my cars. No one will better take care of your own but you yourself I guess.
Old 08-20-13, 03:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got that turbo timer painted. It matches the blue lcd screen of my climate control. But now I have a new freaking problem , the needles of my cluster came on and then off. If you tap the cluster at times they will come back and at times they wont. What the hell is the problem with my cluster needles ??????? GRRRRRR.. you get one things done, something else fall apart.

Old 08-21-13, 04:55 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of boost controller are you running?
Old 08-21-13, 05:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
What kind of boost controller are you running?
Boost is controlled by the standalone ECU with the AEM Boost Solenoid 30-2400
Old 08-21-13, 06:11 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
That's how ballers do
Old 08-22-13, 02:44 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
That's how ballers do
hahaha... you know that we just work hard to get what we want .
Old 08-23-13, 11:06 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Yeah it works great but you will always need a laptop to turn the boost down, if you don't have an EBC.

That's i've been running it's really easy to wire and it controls the boost amazingly

2 wires , one wire is power and the other goes to pin 60b , polarity doesn't matter.
Old 08-23-13, 11:19 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you can setup the aem for a switch using one of the high/low inputs to change maps... low boost setting and one high boost setting. Not exactly sure how its done but i think Ive read somewhere that it can be setup. But i could be totally wrong.
Old 08-23-13, 02:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Yeah it works great but you will always need a laptop to turn the boost down, if you don't have an EBC.

That's i've been running it's really easy to wire and it controls the boost amazingly

2 wires , one wire is power and the other goes to pin 60b , polarity doesn't matter.
Originally Posted by 8052JZ
I think you can setup the aem for a switch using one of the high/low inputs to change maps... low boost setting and one high boost setting. Not exactly sure how its done but i think Ive read somewhere that it can be setup. But i could be totally wrong.
Exactly the reason why I wanted one of my old laptop to be permanently mounted inside the car since I would need a keyboard to be able to modify settings / maps on the ECU and at the same time I would like my Dashboard display on the laptop .

I know with that AEM solenoid, boost can be controlled by vehicle speed, throttle position against rpm, and a switch input for low and high settings. Like you can hook up a toggle switch to a low-side input and in the boost control setup you can specify what low-side input you are using and what psi to run at . I myself never used the switched low / high boost . Maybe time for me to learn and experiment on it. At the moment am using the Boost Control Map setups for which as Omar said , any changes , you need a laptop.
Old 08-23-13, 03:13 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That turbo timer came out great. Did you think about the ashtray or glovebox? As I said before, I think you need more gauges to monitor. Did the needle problem happen after the timer install? Yes your right about the fixing things. Fix one and bam, something else goes hay wire. My wife said if it wasnt for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck.
Old 08-23-13, 04:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
That turbo timer came out great. Did you think about the ashtray or glovebox? As I said before, I think you need more gauges to monitor. Did the needle problem happen after the timer install? Yes your right about the fixing things. Fix one and bam, something else goes hay wire. My wife said if it wasnt for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck.
Well , you wait till the AEM Serial Gauge and AEM Tru-boost gauge I bought today off SF arrives. I am looking for a place for them now together with that AEM wideband .. maybe on the astray area or glove box , three AEM gauges.. lmaol.. Got a good deal on new ones today. And mind you, you will be one of my passenger monitoring 5 or 6 gauges and Rey will take care of the other 5 or 6 ..

The damn cluster gauges needles had been on and off for the past month .. like there are gremlins inside playing around with them.
Old 08-23-13, 07:03 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

All the problems will be forgotten after you leave the dyno after a few hard boosted pulls.
Old 08-24-13, 05:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I know but I am not taking a risk me doing it. I hope the dude who is gonna work on it really knows how to tune with direct port nitrous. I will have a chat with him before we do anything. I am not ready to take a risk and blow the freaking engine and then he blames it on the build. I have just done compression and leakdown after 1000 miles and my leakdowns are all within 3-5% and my compression numbers are averaging 159psi so I am sure the state of my long block is really good .

We will see. I already have posted the AEM for sale and I want to see what numbers I will get with nitrous before I let it go so I have a comparison with proEFI. Still working on the wiring changes to accomodate the proEFI and a lot of things to learn. I am overwhelmed at this point.
Old 08-24-13, 01:01 PM
ghostae86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hows it goin kuya GerrB! the car is amazing.. glad to see it in person!

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys