Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 03:44 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I have been on the fence wether to get the DEI turbo blanket to match my DEI downpipe and manifold wraps . It is kinda pricey at $200 so decided to paint that turbo exhaust with the DEI high temp paint and since I have extra DEI wraps , I just acquired a stainless shield for $30 but had pieces of the wraps inside.

the turbo exhaust painted with DEI high temp paint which they say helps confine the heat

this was delivered today

had some leftover of these

laid some pieces on the turbo to help keep the heat within the exhaust

installed the stainless shield

it added a bit more bling on the engine bay

Old 06-25-13, 03:48 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Jerry, is this thing ever going to be done? I have checked this while I was gone with the military and thought to myself, surely it is done by now. LOL

The fender roller has done an amazing job. I thought all Harbor Freight tools were junk, but I have been proved wrong yet again.
Old 06-25-13, 03:49 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Jerry, how did you secure the turbo blanket/shield?
I see no holes or is it just laid in there?
Old 06-25-13, 04:51 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Jerry, is this thing ever going to be done? I have checked this while I was gone with the military and thought to myself, surely it is done by now. LOL

The fender roller has done an amazing job. I thought all Harbor Freight tools were junk, but I have been proved wrong yet again.
Haha ... I don't know . I always find something on it to do. Actually still some small things to be done really . I haven't even installed the AN fittings on the valve covers. Well , it is driveable. I drive it around my place but can't push it since the timing map had to be worked on. Only on the dyno can you get your MBTs for the car so you can adjust your timing map. With the knowledge I have acquired in the past 4 weeks , I believe I can tune the car myself on the dyno but I will rather wait for the new AEM v2 firmware so I don't waste time and money. I wan't to tune it with flex fuel with the failsafes provided by the new firmware.

The puller kit is great. It will help you really push that fender out to get the clearance and be able to install a lot wider tires and with more meat so you can have traction.
Old 06-25-13, 04:54 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Jerry, how did you secure the turbo blanket/shield?
I see no holes or is it just laid in there?
Yeap it is bolted on the turbo exhaust . If you observe the picture of the shield while it was on top of the box , you will see 3 holes. You will have to loosen those bolts on the turbo exhaust and bolt the shield down while tightening those bolts. It saved me quite a bit instead of getting the DEI turbo shield which was $200. Anyway I have wrapped some DEI wraps on the turbo exhaust to help confine the heat.
Old 06-25-13, 06:46 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which adapter were you using to get it to look pretty factory?
Old 06-26-13, 05:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jwin
Which adapter were you using to get it to look pretty factory?
I used the round rubber on the inside end against a 2x4" wood just not to put any dents on the inside and used the other one u see on the picture to push all the liner against the actual outside fender. There is about 3/4" gap between the insider liner and outside fender.

Once the inside liner is pressed against the outside fender , I used that 3M rubber pad against the end of the puller. The 3M rubber pad is concave in shape so as to keep that concave shape of the fender and not create any marks on the fender.

Old 06-26-13, 02:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

amazing looking engine bay.. so jealous lol....
Old 06-27-13, 09:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
amazing looking engine bay.. so jealous lol....
I know yours will soon look good once you start installing those stuff you ordered for your hoses.
Old 06-27-13, 09:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

One reason why it is so hard to pull that fender of the SC is some portions have double walled liner . That is one reason why I wanted to pull out that quarter panel also so I know exactly what I am dealing with when I pull the fenders of the Red Mamba so I can fit in 12.5" M/T ET Radial Tires.

Old 06-27-13, 12:05 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sir Gerrb, is the double walled liner steel? im just curious...
Old 06-27-13, 12:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sir Gerrb, is the double walled liner steel? im just curious...
Quarter panel liner is metal / steel. That is one reason many are able to flare only an inch from the tip of the fender which is below that liner . You need to use a puller / pusher to push that liner against the actual quarter panel fender then push it more to be able to flare the fender better... then you can secure a good clearance for your wheel / tire combination. I will find time to flare the red mamba quarter panels this weekend .

Last edited by gerrb; 06-27-13 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 11:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I figure while I am looking for a good place where I can get my TRD strut bar chromed, I would reinstall the Tanabe strut bar for now. Once the TRD strut bar is chromed , I will modify the base of this Tanabe strut bar so I can use it in the rear wheels ..

Old 07-01-13, 11:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Any one interested with that white Yukon XL Denali ? I don't need cash .. will be willing to trade it with a New 2jzgte stroker kit with 10:1 CP Pistons 86.5mm, Carillo Rods and of course the stroker crank.

Old 07-03-13, 09:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have no intentions of installing any body kit on this red mamba. Though , I want it to have the widest and meatiest tire I can fit into those wheel wells so it can hold to the ground the 700-800rwhp I am hoping out of this soon to be daily driver. This won't be a garage queen nor a dyno queen car. It will be my daily warrior. I knew I have to do some fender pulling and lip rolling. Time for me to tackle that job.

Currently I have an 11.5" tire that is protruding beyond that fender . Tire is wide but I am hoping to get atleast12.5" tire in there especially once I have the right coilovers. It is still on stock suspension.

I need to roll that lip

Then push that fender out . But first I need to cut on the inner liner so I can get the most pull out of that fender . If you don't , only an inch from the tip of that fender is all you can push since the liner is above that inch .

Last edited by gerrb; 07-03-13 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys