Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

My Isis build

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-12, 01:28 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default My Isis build

I've currently got a break from work, so I figured I would go ahead and post up about my build. I bought my little lady just over 2 years ago, and after unsuccessfully selling her (dear sweet baby lowballers) for what I thought was a reasonable price (14900 at one point) I have decided to spend some change on her, and get her looking pretty. Side story, I bought her 2 years ago with 70K....after putting 24K on her in a year, I gave her to the wife to drive, and she's going to end up being my summer time fun car (at least until I get an itch to get back into an NSX again)

First off....when I got her, she was a basic IS350. I apparently am not the norm when it comes to buying cars...nav? no...dont ever use it, if I do, it's on my phone. (my wife has it, and all it is it a nice screen ) It was originally a Florida car and did not come with the options of heated/cooled seats....meh, once again, dont really mind not having it. It must be a if you never had it before you dont know what you're missing. And last but not least....HID's didnt have it...Well I was told it had it, only to get pulled over one night for not having my headlights turned on, upon further review, the previous buyer pulled the HID kit and took it with him

All and all it's been a great car, I chose it over the 250, because the one thing I did care about was the get up and go....an extra 100 horses, makes a world of difference....Anywho....on to my build. Two months ago, I opted to get a new 06 bumper with the GFX front lip from Sewell, and while it was gorgeous it just didnt do it for me. I started to fall in love with the 09-10 front end with GFX kit ( the thread with the gent who took pics above the fog really and I mean REALLY had me in love). After kicking it back and forth, I've decided to say let's do it....so here's the rundown of what's to come.....the car is currently at the shop getting worked on but the parts list looks like

Rvinyl redouts-okay, seriously, if you dont know what this mod is, search and do yourself a favor and buy you some. For such a cheap and easy mod, I dont know of anything that will make you look better for the money. A little mad it took me a few years to stumble upon them

Hyundai Genesis R-Spec wheels- I was going back and forth between Vossen and Weds and ended up coming across a thread where I saw these wheels on our car. I thought it looked slick and OEM, and ended up buying a set

2011/12 Headlights-I figured since they were on sale, I should just go ahead and get them. Opted for the HID loaded set so I can keep it clean and simple. Thanks Sewell

2011 Fsport front end-This front end bumper has really started to grow on me, so I saidlet's do it, I am interested to see what it will look like in Crystal White paint

GFX rear lip/s2k tips-I have decided to complete the lip kit (after seeing the show us your rear end thread) there was something about the s2k tips that really fills in the look for me.

Flyaudio navigation unit-only buying just incase I decide to sell going forward I wont here this deal breaker question

annnnnnnnd a new set of carpet mats

I hopefully will have pictures coming this next week and hopefully the final outcome is clublexus worthy

And of course, this thread is worthless without SOME sort of pictures....

Old 03-09-12, 01:38 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Man it was like reading a book lol....good luck with the mods
Old 03-09-12, 01:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Very nicely detailed!
Old 03-09-12, 01:41 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Man it was like reading a book lol....good luck with the mods
I'm bored at work
Old 03-09-12, 01:44 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
I'm bored at work
understand man i"m bored too lol.....1hr and 20mins to go before im outta here !!!!!
Old 03-09-12, 04:57 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like a needed refresher! enjoy!
Old 03-10-12, 02:27 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds cool. good luck make sure you get some pics up as you go!
Old 03-10-12, 04:51 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant wait to see what it'll look like!
Old 03-18-12, 12:51 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Sunday funday recap...it's currently 73 degrees out, and I'm at work. Well the anticipation is getting crazy. I was away training for a week, and there's nothing like hearing the frustration building in the wife's voice letting me know that another item arrive

I finally got home Friday to see the UPS sticker on the door, saying they missed me....my wheels and tires are finally here (uhh..somewhere ). I came up to the bedroom to see my redouts, my center wheel caps, and my s2k tips are here. I must say, this site is pretty damn good. I havent had one issue with buying/selling with any members here.

The s2k tips will need a little polish, but I'm pumped for the outcome. I've taken the next three days off, as operation Isis kicks up. I've got a lot of driving (to meet up with a member to sell the original bumper) as well as a lot of waiting. Tomorrow's arrival list coming from UPS (and yes I will get pictures) consist of

Genesis track wheels/tires
2012 front headlights
2012 Fsport complete front end
Rear GFX lip
Brand new carpets
and the windshield stripping for my front window....I dont know wtf is going on...but after a while, those things start to dry out and crack....big time....not cool man...not cool

still waiting for my spacers (so the wheels wont be on until later this week)

Anyways...I'm hoping to have some pictures tomorrow and throughout the week...Hope everyone's day is going well!
Old 03-21-12, 11:16 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Christmas in the New England area is here. It's currently 80 degrees out...and my stuff has come in!
The wife is about read to kill me at this point..."it seems like everyday she comes home there's a new box waiting"

luckily my mother had sent her up some girl scout cookies, and today, she was the one getting a package :rollseyes:

On Friday, I came home to the wheels

I'm excited for these bad boys, however the wheel caps I bought are too big...so I'm going to try this whole dremel thing (chances areeee, I'm gonna jack this up big time)

My order from Sewell was set to get delivered on Saturday but for some reason, Fedex put this hold on it. I was not a happy guy. I kept checking for the updates and it'd say it was on a truck for delivery. I took off yesterday expecting them. Fail....so I went to dinner with some friends. I get a call from my lady who says someone's at the door (it's 9:15pm) I tell her to answer, she says it's fedex...I tell her to sign for it and I'll be rushing home. I leave money for my dinner and shoot home (knowing there is no way in hell she'd be able to lift ANY of these boxes.

(fun fact...fedex drivers are independent contractors...who can work as late as they want)

I was luckily about 5 minutes away, and I got home while he was halfway through getting all of the boxes out. I tell him to stop taking it in (the dude looked worn out) and I said I'd load them into the SUV. He gave a big smile when I said it....here's what the RX looked like when I went out to take the parts to the shop this morning

I was up early this morning, so I figured I would bring some of the stuff in and assemble it, so it'd be an easy transition when I took the parts in

The new headlights (me gusta MAS!)

Parts everywhere (dont mind the room, we havent had any guest stay, so it's become my parts closet

I straight up failed and forgot to snap a picture of my completed front end but what can you do. I rode on over to the shop to see my little Isis waiting for her new parts

all in all a great day...and I will provide my pictures as this becomes complete
Old 03-21-12, 12:21 PM
speedstar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good stuff!!

i'm also in the market for some Genesis stocks
Old 03-21-12, 12:34 PM
Quik208
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see the car all together.
Old 03-24-12, 03:25 PM