Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Bringing her back from the dead IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 06:08 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

So I'm curious to find out how much did it cost you to buy-back your 350 from the insurance company?
Old 03-06-12, 06:22 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
So I'm curious to find out how much did it cost you to buy-back your 350 from the insurance company?

x2, what did you pay?
Old 03-07-12, 07:01 AM
DiDiMau
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
To be honest I felt like I came out pretty good after all the crap I went through but it wasn't all good at first. When they looked at my car they valued it at almost $26k which is not bad for a 2006 IS350 with 70k miles plus I give them a $8k worth of parts list receipts for my mods on the car since it wasn't my fault I felt they should cover that. I was expecting $32k+ back, but they wanted to give me $2k for $8k worth of parts. I was irritated at this point so I would be getting $28k back then when I went to settle up with the ins company they said we ran into a problem. First thing I did was contact a lawyer at this point to get opinions on what the ins company is trying to pull. They said you would be getting only $25k now because our driver has only a $25k property damage limit. I was like okay so now $28k has turned into $25k I'm super pissed now. All the time and work I put in the car, their freaking driver had to be careless an pulled out in front of me when it was clearly my right of way. I made sure I explained that to everybody I talked to. Finally the girl from total loss calls me, bless her heart, she was a noob. She told me okay we are going to cut you a $25k dollar check and you have to pay for towing and storage bill since this is all we are allowed to give you. I got screwed on the storage and towing it end up being $1600.00, we wont go into that. Now I get only $25K and I have to pay $1600.00 now I'm at $23400.00 way less then what I was expecting. I let her have it and then she says well it says they are letting you retain the car. I'm like what I'm still pissed with the money and I was thinking Wth are they trying to pull now. So I went back to my lawyer and he convinced me that they are trying to pull a fast one but that same day I talked to a friend of mine who does claim for an ins company said that in rare cases this does happen, it's like the ins company is doing you a favor by letting you keep your car to sell. I had LKQ to buy it but when I got the salvage title back it was in the insurance company name and LKQ won't buy it (company policy) unless its in my name but alabama doesn't do salvage transfers unless it's rebuilt and inspected. Now I still have the car so I'm just going to fix it now.

Hypothetically speaking if I spent 8k to fix it and make it sexy with new parts then I would still come out with 15k but a rebuilt IS350. Winning!
Old 03-07-12, 07:05 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok...that was a lot to read lol...but I see your winning side of it..I still think the insurance pulled a fast one but I also think they gave you a lot of value for your car so then yea you still got a good deal....can't wait to see it finished and back running the streets...
Old 03-07-12, 09:15 AM
DiDiMau
Driver

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
Ok...that was a lot to read lol...but I see your winning side of it..I still think the insurance pulled a fast one but I also think they gave you a lot of value for your car so then yea you still got a good deal....can't wait to see it finished and back running the streets...
It is a lot isn't it? LoL I just read it myself. It's kinda like a unfinished book but will have a happy ending
Old 03-07-12, 09:50 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DiDiMau
That definitely gives me hope. I can picture her back together. The toughest part is the inner structural damages.
Well youd be suprised what a little bit of elbow grease and some pulling can do...main thing is work with someone who has expirence in this, luckly my friend is mechanic and has bodywork experience so he was awesome on this, i did not expect it to come out lik the way it did by doing a backyard hack job!
Old 03-07-12, 09:54 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DiDiMau
To be honest I felt like I came out pretty good after all the crap I went through but it wasn't all good at first. When they looked at my car they valued it at almost $26k which is not bad for a 2006 IS350 with 70k miles plus I give them a $8k worth of parts list receipts for my mods on the car since it wasn't my fault I felt they should cover that. I was expecting $32k+ back, but they wanted to give me $2k for $8k worth of parts. I was irritated at this point so I would be getting $28k back then when I went to settle up with the ins company they said we ran into a problem. First thing I did was contact a lawyer at this point to get opinions on what the ins company is trying to pull. They said you would be getting only $25k now because our driver has only a $25k property damage limit. I was like okay so now $28k has turned into $25k I'm super pissed now. All the time and work I put in the car, their freaking driver had to be careless an pulled out in front of me when it was clearly my right of way. I made sure I explained that to everybody I talked to. Finally the girl from total loss calls me, bless her heart, she was a noob. She told me okay we are going to cut you a $25k dollar check and you have to pay for towing and storage bill since this is all we are allowed to give you. I got screwed on the storage and towing it end up being $1600.00, we wont go into that. Now I get only $25K and I have to pay $1600.00 now I'm at $23400.00 way less then what I was expecting. I let her have it and then she says well it says they are letting you retain the car. I'm like what I'm still pissed with the money and I was thinking Wth are they trying to pull now. So I went back to my lawyer and he convinced me that they are trying to pull a fast one but that same day I talked to a friend of mine who does claim for an ins company said that in rare cases this does happen, it's like the ins company is doing you a favor by letting you keep your car to sell. I had LKQ to buy it but when I got the salvage title back it was in the insurance company name and LKQ won't buy it (company policy) unless its in my name but alabama doesn't do salvage transfers unless it's rebuilt and inspected. Now I still have the car so I'm just going to fix it now.

Hypothetically speaking if I spent 8k to fix it and make it sexy with new parts then I would still come out with 15k but a rebuilt IS350. Winning!
you deff in the winning, and im sure it would be less then 8k to fix the car...the bodyships mark up thier prices for adjusters since your airbags didnt deploy i can see a bodyshop doing your car for 5500-6500
Old 03-08-12, 05:56 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Hey DiDiMau... I ahve some body/collision documents that I pulled from the Lexus TSB site. It has measurements and stuff of how body panels and the inner structure should line up. PM me if you want it. I'll give you my phone number so you can call me and remind me to send it to you.
Old 03-08-12, 09:06 AM
weenstan
Driver

Resurrection time, looks like it won't be TOO much work.
Old 03-08-12, 09:50 AM
Jassi1994
Driver

Your car is Howttttt, It just got it'z face alil dirty, no worries just clean it up sick car bro good luck with repairs
Old 03-08-12, 08:54 PM
DiDiMau
Driver

Thank you all! Can't wait to post up progress.
Old 03-08-12, 09:04 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Here you go man: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sj0kn0

It's the collision repair manual in .pdf format.
Old 03-08-12, 09:54 PM
Asakura58
Pole Position

oh wow! good luck with the rebuild process, cant wait to see it once it is done.!
Old 03-10-12, 04:11 AM
DiDiMau
Driver

Originally Posted by carlos
Here you go man: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sj0kn0

It's the collision repair manual in .pdf format.
Thanks Carlos, I've been out of town so I haven't gotten a chance to hit you up but thank you as soon as I get to a comp I will download.
Old 03-11-12, 09:28 AM
cfrakes
Driver School Candidate

Damn! Glad you're alright

Quick Reply: Bringing her back from the dead IS350