Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great build! Awesome work!
Old 03-04-13, 03:57 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Wow this thread is amazing and i love the gauge set up. Very stealth!
Well, thanks!!

Originally Posted by M3EATR
Do you have any dyno numbers? I love the right hand drive, and mad props to you on attention to detail... sick Build!
Thanks!!! I don't have numbers yet, but as soon as those injectors and everything are in, I get it tuned with my aem fic and then, I'll dyno it! I'm curious too!! My goal is 375whp at 17-18psi.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
The use of the rear ashtray is pretty SLICK! I like it!

steve
I know someone would like it too!!

Originally Posted by AZTurbo
Great build! Awesome work!
Thanks!
Old 03-08-13, 03:14 PM
Sharkie
Driver School Candidate

sick build i like where you set the gauges
Old 03-08-13, 05:55 PM
acl99
Rookie

Great Build Biturbo, Love the attention to detail!!
Old 03-08-13, 08:54 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please tell me How you did your gauges. I really still have no idea how you manged that look and would love to know.
Old 03-12-13, 06:41 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sharkie
sick build i like where you set the gauges
I like that. ahmm..everyone likes thems!! Thanks!!

Originally Posted by acl99
Great Build Biturbo, Love the attention to detail!!
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by eknine9
Please tell me How you did your gauges. I really still have no idea how you manged that look and would love to know.
Pm' you!
Old 03-04-14, 05:31 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Hehey!

What about.. some updates!?? It was about time. I just realized that I didn't update in a year!
Damn! So here we go. Here's all my 2013 year.

First up, to finish the winter, I sent my rack and pinion to rebuilt. That the first thing into upgrading the overall suspension and handling of the car annnnnd.. it was leaking lol.

After what spring arrived and I get it out as soon as I can. I said to me.. well.. it's now.. right now.. I restore and repair the body.

At first I was like, "I just want it clean, reparing the 4 wheels houses, painting the rear lip and side skirt and voila!"
The car would be clean and ready for an inspection by my insurance to get the right value in case something happened. So disassemble begin.

and then the repair and fitting the rear lip.

Finally, while we were at it with my friend and coworker Dan, I said.. **** it! Let's do it all! At that point, I came to the fact that I can change my silver that after all, i don't like that much.

And some friends of mine, willing to help me during the weekend! Here's my mecanic Maxime.

... his girlfriend in the back and my long time Buddy, Eric.

I was like.. hmm.. changing color? Maybe antracite? Keeping it silver?... Silver is pretty and very easy to maintain clean!.. So.. finally keep the original color code 176 if I remember correctly, but I change the variant. PPG give me 3 choices for that color code depending of the year and area or country the car would have been painted. the one I choose is simple.. metallic, metallic and a little black! No blue or yellow dull effect like the original paint of me car.. just a pure clean silver!

Then the "putting it all together" begin.

The finish product! It took me and my friends 2 weeks.

I add to lenghten the exhaust tip because the lip make them sitting further.

Last edited by biturbo632; 03-18-14 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-04-14, 06:26 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Now the fun part.

I put the Falken Azenis I already have on my newly arrived "used" MB battle wheels.

They fit tight! That's my track set. So it's 17x9 +30 front on 245-45 and the rear are 17x9.5 +15 sitting on 275-40. I bought them from www.zilvia.net from someone with an sc300 (if he's here, well thanks again!)

I always want to have an ETTC switch for my 2JZ so... I've done it finally!

Grabbed myself a big red switch.

And modified and fit the center console surround. I cancel the radio button that wasn't serving.

Repaint it!

Here's where to connect it onto the ECU.

Result!

In the spring, my Buddy and I installed some 800CC SARD side feeds injectors controlled with an Tomei Fuel Regulator and an Aeromotive 320lph Fuel Pump. I call Walter from W-TECH to ask him to install the AEM FIC 6 I had with the 1JZGTE. He said no problems. The espectation: no more boost cut, no speed cut, and more than enough fuel (so that the 1JZ melting case doesn't happened to me again!). The reason for a such big fuel installation is for futur project like... when I would want a single turbo!

I run into a loooot of trouble with the car after that. The car didn't like cold start up or warm start up either, taking about 5minutes to stabilized the rpm without touching the gaz pedal. The car was stalling if he want of not while stopping, and was rolling very rich along with my always overboost management at 17-18si. Oh and also oil leaking from the air filter in the engine bay. Oh and did I mensioned it was still boost cutting?

Walter work hard to find the trouble and we run into multiple possibilities. Oil leak.. maybe the rear turbo is down? (I was all soaking oil) I have other oem turbos laying arround so.. I changed it.

That's the second time I removed those turbos.. that always a pain in the ***!

And while I was at it.. I re-installed the oem exhaust Y pipe that goes at the end of the turbo fantasy manifold and made myself a smaller downpipe out a 2.750 in. pipes. It would, in my head, decrease boost.All I was having in my mind was finding to get this car running perfect.

The top one it the one we made when we installed the 2JZ in 2012. he's the reason behind overboosting at 21psi! The lower one is the newest and "safer" setup for the ceramic turbos.

A little hoodless run arround the city when finished! Totally worth it. The car finally have the same bug, but no oïl leaking at that point and the car was boosting approx 16psi with the new downpipe and oem y pipe. Also remove the cone I installed inside the exhaust last year!

Changing my mind while my car wasn't running as I wanted to, I though I want a subwoofer AND want to keep my trunk free. If you know what I mean!
So I managed with my dad and his wooden skills to install a 10in. JL audio subwoofer on the rear deck.

Then I want to install my amp and my capacitor as clean as possible without blocking anything..(like the bolt of the rear light in case of one of them burn?!!!)
Here my idea. Fixing the amp and capacitor on a wooden board, that will stay fixed and letting my access to what i need. I don't have photo of that.
After that the esthetic part. a surround made out of plastic and the oem carpet that goes in the left quarter panel.

The plastic

Fitting with the oem carpet cut.

Now making it a one piece!

Finish result!

Spaaaaaaaace!!

Last edited by biturbo632; 03-18-14 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-04-14, 06:47 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

And the final of the year... We weren't able to fix the car troubles with the AEM FIC.. So I turn myself to the president of www.supraquebec.com, Samuel Gervais, to order and installed a Megasquirt V3 full progammable ECU.

Hmm.. what a JOY!! Man now it work. it run great, it.. OHMYF****GGOD.. my summer is finish but.. damn.. it's awesome and damn..that thing puuuush without any boostcut!

Love it!! Thanks to him! And finally, Sam and Walter tuned it on the L.D.S Dyno at the end of september (great birthday gift from me to me at that time!)

With the computer is Walter, and up front is Samuel.

Final Dyno Chart. They managed to reduce the lag between the two turbos. So instead of the second opening at 4000rpm, it open at 3500. No lag, just quickness! I just got really near my goal of 375whp and I'm happy with that and those used oem ceramics turbos!

And to finish these 2013 updates, some few pictures taken by photographs during some meet and show during summer.

Hope you enjoy my 2013 year! This year would have some little thing but I'm not touching my car at all because me and my girl recently bought a house (with a HUGE garage!!) and we're into this a LOT. Plus, i'm working on my mecanic maxime's jetta project. Wide body mkII jetta track edition!

So I'll keep you in touch, this summer is fun time! LET RACE THAT *****!

Last edited by biturbo632; 03-18-14 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-09-14, 08:34 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Can anyone tell me if you can see the pictures on this page of my recent update please?
Old 03-09-14, 08:36 PM
babowc
Driver

I can't see em.
Old 03-09-14, 08:39 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Aw ****! Ok thanks babowc! Gonna fix that as soon as i can!
Old 03-10-14, 07:05 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope, can't see any of the pictures.
Old 03-10-14, 04:30 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Nope, can't see any of the pictures.
Thanks! I'm fixing it right now!
Old 03-10-14, 04:56 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Done! You should all be able to see those pictures!

Quick Reply: "Biturbo 2JZ swapped' Soarer Build Thread"