Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My First Photoshoot....Probaby My First Time Exposing My GS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 06:44 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude!! Where are your feet? LOL!! Looking good!! How are you coloring the plastic bits? Paint, dye?

MOAR PICS!!!

BTW, what headunit you going to put in there? By looks of the pics your ditching the stock nav.
Old 09-27-12, 10:54 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Nice build
thanks, i was gonna dip all the plastic pieces but i priced dipping them with all the dash/wood/ashtray/other pieces but it was way to price

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
hurry up b!!!! hows the recovery comin along?
i cant hurry up, i just had two different hand surgeries.....this wears me out as it is or causes me pain. my hands ache so bad as they are still very sore. recovery is coming along. if i stopped using my hands so much it would come much quicker. i start physical therapy soon and hopefully that helps it along more. i just got cleared for another 3 weeks off work so i will have been out of week for almost 2.5 months at the end of this if i go back to work then

Originally Posted by VipDout
love the Suede ! time for me step it up and do that Now
thanks, yeah it is james. im gonna do my 4th trunk rebuild in this material also

Originally Posted by Blanco
Dude!! Where are your feet? LOL!! Looking good!! How are you coloring the plastic bits? Paint, dye?

MOAR PICS!!!

BTW, what headunit you going to put in there? By looks of the pics your ditching the stock nav.
on my legs, just not in these pics.... lol

thanks micheal, more pics when i get them done.... i will probably have to have a friend who owns a interior company do the rest for me as i dont think i can finish the rest (due to my hands and the fact he does much better work)

i used a interior dye from a interior shop

i used this to dye it, the bulldog is applied after cleaning/drying to make the paint stick. the middle can is a black gloss and although the can on the far right looks the same it is not, it is a semi gloss clearcoat

im going with the AVIC-Z140BH, although im not paying anyplace close to the price they show

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-Z140BH

already ditched the stock nav, converted to non nav climate controls and the JDM OEM in dash pieces which are in the car but nothing in them atm
Old 09-27-12, 11:53 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude i had the same idea as you all black with lime green im jamaican and the name of my car is the bolt action aka usain bolt action anyways where did you get the suede from and how much???anyways great build stay tune for mine...
Old 09-27-12, 12:17 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
thanks, i was gonna dip all the plastic pieces but i priced dipping them with all the dash/wood/ashtray/other pieces but it was way to price

.............. ........... ....
im going with the AVIC-Z140BH, although im not paying anyplace close to the price they show

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-Z140BH

already ditched the stock nav, converted to non nav climate controls and the JDM OEM in dash pieces which are in the car but nothing in them atm
Hope you start feeling better...I know what its like to sit and look at stuff u WANT to do but physically cant

Shoot me your list of parts and I'll see whats the best pricing I can get on Dipping them.

Nice Pioneer Deck BTW!!
Old 09-27-12, 10:06 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

way to go brian!! looking good man, I wanna suede my interior also, PM me on where you get the suede? I don't care if its fake suede, which it probably isn't lol. But let me know, THANKS!!
Old 09-28-12, 12:03 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by young's 96
Dude i had the same idea as you all black with lime green im jamaican and the name of my car is the bolt action aka usain bolt action anyways where did you get the suede from and how much???anyways great build stay tune for mine...
a place here called Hancocks fabric but i waited till it went on sale ($5.99 a yard on sale, its normally about $15-$16 a yard and i bought 120 yards) i had a coupon for another 25% off so i paid about $4.50 a yard. thanks

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Hope you start feeling better...I know what its like to sit and look at stuff u WANT to do but physically cant

Shoot me your list of parts and I'll see whats the best pricing I can get on Dipping them.

Nice Pioneer Deck BTW!!
thanks, yeah i remember when you showed back up....you were seriously ill though right?

i'll have to make list today and see,thanks

thanks its pioneers newest setup

Originally Posted by BBRolex
way to go brian!! looking good man, I wanna suede my interior also, PM me on where you get the suede? I don't care if its fake suede, which it probably isn't lol. But let me know, THANKS!!
its def real suede and hancock is a national company but suede doesnt go on a really good sale till after winter so if your gonna buy bulk, do it then.....

Last edited by sakataj; 09-28-12 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-28-12, 12:05 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I'm excited to see what's to come! Hope your hand is doing alright, although I saw your recent status update.
Old 09-28-12, 01:17 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep doin yo thang Brian. Killin it!
Old 10-02-12, 07:58 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I'm excited to see what's to come! Hope your hand is doing alright, although I saw your recent status update.
thanks Thomas, yeah i messed that hand up but its all good now so far

Originally Posted by repugnante
Keep doin yo thang Brian. Killin it!
thanks man im trying im so far behind alot of folks

some more pics, more parts will be finished soon....and all of this should be installed tomorrow if my hands permit it

Old 10-02-12, 08:18 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good bro! I really need to get around to doing my headliner and pillars soon also.
Old 10-05-12, 12:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Looks good bro! I really need to get around to doing my headliner and pillars soon also.
do it Daniel

Originally Posted by lex1420
Suede sickness!
thanks

so a few teaser shots. sorry pics arent great they were off my phone. i'll take better ones with my actual camera in the daytime.

this is the color the suede really is

but for some reason in these pics, they came out much lighter. ignore the tan parts, they are just to hold the headliner up. i have spares of all the accessories and the handles will be done in this same suede, i just need to dye the plastic parts on the ends of the handles, the rear lights, and then put the correct ones up. the Sun visors are also being done in this suede but will be a minute before i get them back into the car

also just picked up the Tom's Rear Lower Brace and a Aristo Exhaust Tunnel Brace all these along with my spare differential cover are off to powdercoat

Old 10-06-12, 04:41 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

some better pics......again ignore the tan parts they are temporary, well except the 3rd picture with the seatbelt guide. i made the decision to leave the seatbelt guide tan as even if i dyed or painted it, it will rub off from the constant usage of the seatbelt and would constantly require touching up and i didnt wanna go through the hassle so they will be tan but thats it. im ok with it, it doesnt look bad IMHO, if i change my mind though i can always take it back out and dye/paint it and deal with the touchups

working on these ATM now

Last edited by sakataj; 10-06-12 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-15-12, 12:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

little updates, rear lights are done. Handle bases are done just waiting on the handles to get finished.sorry crappy iphone pics again. the last picture where the Red arrow is im thinking of dying the gray part to black but i haven't decided yet.

Old 10-15-12, 12:46 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

like that headliner....
Old 10-19-12, 05:34 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
like that headliner....
thanks Tony, few updates.last 2 pics, i didnt have the covers all the way in so the gap is gone when they were fitted. next sunvisors and a few other things

Quick Reply: My First Photoshoot....Probaby My First Time Exposing My GS