5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

when you painting the rest of the car? Nice tape job lol
Old 11-15-12, 11:48 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Didn't you buy a retro bro? When you gonna throw it on?
yes i did....then sold them. i wanna build another set with some brand new headlights.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
when you painting the rest of the car? Nice tape job lol
not sure, probably the beginning of the year, i wanna finish my interior projects and other stuff. its cold so i dont care if the front is "two toned"

BTW im replacing all the black painted/dyed parts and im sending these out to be hydrodipped along with my wood wheel,wood center console,wood ashtray,wood door inserts

Old 11-16-12, 02:54 AM
BCHDAZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking as good as always man....
Old 11-16-12, 05:59 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Enlighten me. What is Hydrodipping, and what does cost? I'm still in the process of blacking out my top half as well.

EDIT: Ok, so I found out how the dipping works. My other question still stands. For all the interior bits in your pics, what's it gonna cost, ballpark? You doing a mat, or gloss finish? Patterned, or solid black? Pricing aside, this looks like it could be promising! Can't wait to see the after pics!!!

Last edited by Blanco; 11-16-12 at 08:02 AM. Reason: YouTube explains a LOT!!
Old 11-16-12, 08:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BCHDAZ
looking as good as always man....
PM sent, i still want your CD pocket

Originally Posted by Blanco
Enlighten me. What is Hydrodipping, and what does cost? I'm still in the process of blacking out my top half as well.
watch these micheal

i have considered buying a DIY kit but i dunno yet, guess it will depend on pricing for everything and if i can source the pattern i want

this post has 2 different companies info in it, i have contacted both and will see what they say

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...lack-wood.html

im gonna try and match this color though, what appears to be a Lexus Greenwood from the ES section. i have found one on ebay but no place else im afraid when i get it in it will just be a blackwood that had a funny angle on it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...shiftknob.html
Attached Thumbnails My First Photoshoot....Probaby My First Time Exposing My GS-greenwood.jpg  
Old 11-25-12, 08:45 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so im still waiting on a return email from

http://www.classictrimwtp.com/

and

http://www.atlantahydroimaging.com/

but im gonna pass on the http://sourcehydro.com/ they quoted me a ballpark of $2000.00 for the parts i asked about and regardless if thats a deal or not, im not interested in spending that for hydrodipping these parts. i'll look into a DIY kit if i can find a pattern i like but i will hold off on that till i get quotes back from these last two companies.
Old 11-25-12, 11:35 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

That car looks sick murdered out like that. Black on black is very appealing. Btw, where can I get pair of those mirrors? Does SewellParts have them... ... ... Lol?

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 02-05-13, 11:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so i bought this wheel sometime last year as a project and i just started working on it. im gonna smooth out and fill all the knicks (it looks like dude beat on his wheel) and then hydrodip it to match my blackwood and have it covered in either black suede or the same green suede as my headliner or even black leather like it was before

Old 02-05-13, 11:52 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Brian, are you sure that wheel will fit your 01+ bag? Looks like a '98-00 GS300 wheel with with some wood added to it.
Old 02-05-13, 12:43 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Brian, are you sure that wheel will fit your 01+ bag? Looks like a '98-00 GS300 wheel with with some wood added to it.
nope.... its a 98-00 GS300 wheel or thats what it came from, i dunno what it originally came from or what model but it was used on a 98 gs300. im gonna convert my bag from my 2001 to use it on the back of the 98 bag. kind of like reversing this...... (i know what im referring to but i seem to not be verbalizing it well today)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-airbags.html

(unless i was correct in thinking i have a single stage bag on my 2001) it will really be determined when i pull my old wheel off and see what stage bag i have. i will then change to my 6th wheel now

Last edited by sakataj; 02-05-13 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-05-13, 10:28 PM
CallMeDLEE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
your car looks extremely amazing

role model for what i want mine looking like in the future

Seriously, thats sick, but did you ever consider getting actual black wheels instead of keeping that plasti dip on it? I mean for how cheap plasti dip is, that looks really nice but based on how much you've done I'm sure you can afford to get real black wheels.

Great car though!
Old 02-05-13, 10:56 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CallMeDLEE
Seriously, thats sick, but did you ever consider getting actual black wheels instead of keeping that plasti dip on it? I mean for how cheap plasti dip is, that looks really nice but based on how much you've done I'm sure you can afford to get real black wheels.

Great car though!
thanks man, alot of attention to detail goes into all of my builds. i have a black set of rims....they have been wrinkle black powder coated sitting in my garage brand new. im not to worried about rims really until i find my set of Profounds i have been searching for. thanks
Old 02-07-13, 12:27 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

small update......removed the surrounding trim and cleaned what looked to be aluminum "rust' from the base

Old 02-26-13, 08:03 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

sigh its going overboard again..... im now switching to a Pioneer Avic-Z140BH Headunit, 2 HC2400's one underhood, one in the trunk, one DC audio 3.5k amp (not even counting my component amp)

info

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/35k.html

Last edited by sakataj; 02-26-13 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-04-13, 10:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so first update in 9 months..... installed the FIGS designed SPC built UCA's. literally driven like 50 miles in last 2-3 months. car just sits so its finally being slowly worked on to fix anything i need done before i sell her

started working on the door panel inserts,same color as my headliner, handles, visors, and eventually my trunk enclosure.. front two panels are done.....back two need to be done. first two pics arent that great but last one shows off color much better. so now i have black interior, blackwood, and suede

Quick Reply: My First Photoshoot....Probaby My First Time Exposing My GS