Toyboxx's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 06:12 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
cat litter, lots of it.
I plan on it. Guess that's what I'll have to resort to. Does anyone know of any acids that might work?
Old 09-13-12, 06:27 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good man! Keep us updated with the swap daily!
Old 09-13-12, 07:53 PM
marxsc3
Driver School Candidate

Cat litter or sand usually works. Good looking dwp. Where did you get your roof spoiler?
Old 09-14-12, 12:04 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys here's some pictures of the swap process

Motor is out!

And when I was pulling the motor out these goodies showed up from Driftmotion

Haven't put the motor in yet, cuz I'm still a bit confused on jumping the two pins for the NSS. Saw someone used a paperclip and put a plastic bag over it, and it seemed to work. Also I don't understand how to wire up the tach & temp gauge, or how to do the altenator plug.

Other than that still waiting to get the intercooler pipes powdercoated purple, get the Tial BOV welded on, along with the bung welded for the Innovative WB I still need to purchase haha.
Old 09-14-12, 05:10 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Looking good!!!
Old 09-15-12, 10:42 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Thanks guys.

Anyone have any input on how to jump the pins for the tranny for the Neutral Safety Switch?? I'm still a bit confused on how to do so.
Old 09-15-12, 11:19 AM
Kire
Driver

Damn you already removed the motor which was the part I needed help on the most. My motor should be here in two weeks but I only have the auto tranny for now
Old 09-15-12, 11:31 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kire
Damn you already removed the motor which was the part I needed help on the most. My motor should be here in two weeks but I only have the auto tranny for now
Yea my buddy and I had it out within 2 hours. Fairly easy for the most part, but since this was my first swap, there was a lot of learning. Since you have two weeks, slowly start taking things apart. I'd start with the removal of the EVAP canister, unbolt the wiring harness and pull it through the engine bay. Unless you're still driving the motor haha. My new motor won't be in for a couple more week though. Still got more things to buy. This swap is starting to get expensive haha.
Old 09-15-12, 11:51 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good bro!
Old 09-15-12, 05:57 PM
ISDuy
Driver School Candidate

How much did the engines/parts for the swap cost you?
Old 09-15-12, 06:08 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can jumper NSS by using paperclip, but justdo it by using male spade terminals, or cut the wires in the harness and solder them together
Goodluck
Charley
Old 09-16-12, 10:38 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Looking good bro!
Thanks guy!

Originally Posted by ISDuy
How much did the engines/parts for the swap cost you?
Pfft, I'm like $2,500 for the motor & tranny. $850 for the clutch & intercooler. $563 for the 5 speed pedal assembly, & power steering hose form Driftmotion. Then another $289 for the radiator from Driftmotion. Plus I still have more stuff I need to buy, Tial Q BOV, pressure plate bolts, Fuel Pump, and other little odds & ends.

Originally Posted by charley240
You can jumper NSS by using paperclip, but justdo it by using male spade terminals, or cut the wires in the harness and solder them together
Goodluck
Charley
Alright I may just soldier them, but how would I do it by the male spade terminals. Thanks for the info though!
Old 09-16-12, 04:45 PM
Kire
Driver

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Yea my buddy and I had it out within 2 hours. Fairly easy for the most part, but since this was my first swap, there was a lot of learning. Since you have two weeks, slowly start taking things apart. I'd start with the removal of the EVAP canister, unbolt the wiring harness and pull it through the engine bay. Unless you're still driving the motor haha. My new motor won't be in for a couple more week though. Still got more things to buy. This swap is starting to get expensive haha.
How much are you in to it now? I want to at least get the motor in the car to see if it runs at first. I would then take it out and start replacing some parts like the gasket, seals, pumps, etc. I'm Erik on Facebook
Old 09-16-12, 05:09 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great man. You will love the 1JZ, just as I do. Keep the progress posted and good luck!!!! Take more pictures!!!
Old 09-16-12, 06:41 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kire
How much are you in to it now? I want to at least get the motor in the car to see if it runs at first. I would then take it out and start replacing some parts like the gasket, seals, pumps, etc. I'm Erik on Facebook
About $4,200 and I'm still not done yet.

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Looks great man. You will love the 1JZ, just as I do. Keep the progress posted and good luck!!!! Take more pictures!!!
Thanks! I've been following your build thread as well. I can't wait till it's finish! There won't be to much progress till I get paid this upcoming Friday. However tomorrow I may install the clutch pedal assembly, but I don't have a step drill bit to drill out the holes. But I'll definately keep this thread updated!

Quick Reply: Toyboxx's Build Thread