Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Toyboxx's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 12:14 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FAT HEAD
congrats on your purchase man... i'm glad you finally found yourself an sc! welcome to CL, and let the modding begin!
Thanks a bunch! I'm stoked to finally become a member

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Nice rust free vehicle, keep it up and get that truck lowered
I know I'm hating the 4X4 stance. I'm going to be ordering all new bushings up front, and when I do I'll be replacing the shocks & struts with some aftermarket TT ones.

Originally Posted by JDMJoe239
wouldnt it just be cheaper to do a 1jz swap than boosting and tranny swapping the stock motor? thats what im planning on doing.
Even if it is cheaper, I'm staying 2JZ regardless. My goal is too personally build the car from the ground up so I can learn.

Originally Posted by Luxor
Congrats, that's a good platform to start out on.
Thanks Luxor, your car is the epitome of clean. I'm jelly TBH

Originally Posted by kevinzhou
congrats man i dont kno bout them wheels
Yea I'm not a huuuge fan of them either. I honestly really dislike the whole panda theme on cars. So trust me the wheels will go first when I start upgrading, my buddy has Polished TT wheels he's going to sell me for cheap. Hopefully by the end of this year it will be lowered & with those rims or the XXR521's

Originally Posted by unknown159
nice car the but the rims kinda creep me out tho
Agreed, thanks for the compliment though!

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Enjoy the ride! There is no such thing as resale so only put into it what you're willing to lose. Driving these stock will get you a car that'll never die for a cheap price. Driving them modified is fun, but whatever you put in is lost in the "fun factor".
I plan on having this car for a gooooood while, so I don't mind "dumping" money into. I already know it's going to be a money pit. Speaking of that, found out this morning that I don't have heat, tried doing the rerouting the VSV, still didn't work. So I found this usefull thread [https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...l-valve.htmlSo already I need to thank you, and not only that, but soon I will also be sending in my gauge cluster because my needles are burnt out.
Old 11-09-11, 01:21 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMJoe239
well im including the price of the tranny swap too. and im also talking about a good turbo kit. like just a quick google search the first kit i saw was a turbonetics and its 4500. and from what ive seen thats the lower end of the spectrum for good turbo kits. plus he has to buy a manual transmission on top of that. from what ive seen 1jz's go for around 1500-2500 online. and that comes with the 5speed and twin turbos.
yea but remember its not only the engine alone you need other parts like inter-cooler, exhaust extending the wire harness witch will run you 1000 and you add on your 2000 labor charge your at 5700 and that's only stock twins if he wants to go single that's another 5000...so basically turbo-ing the ge is the cheaper route
Old 11-09-11, 01:33 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

yea but remember its not only the engine alone you need other parts like inter-cooler, exhaust extending the wire harness witch will run you 1000 and you add on your 2000 labor charge your at 5700 and that's only stock twins if he wants to go single that's another 5000...so basically turbo-ing the ge is the cheaper route
Exactly, why take the hassle of swapping it over then spending the extra dough to go single. When I can just go single from the get go, seems a bit easier, and more of a learning process IMO. My friends are all telling me to just got GTE swap, but they don't know that the GE & GTE are basically one in the same (internally at least) besides the oil squirters (which people end up removing when they get in 800HP+ range) and the intake manifold, the only real downside to NA-T is the distributor, but thats not a huuge deal with me, and I don't mind.
Old 11-09-11, 02:10 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Exactly, why take the hassle of swapping it over then spending the extra dough to go single. When I can just go single from the get go, seems a bit easier, and more of a learning process IMO. My friends are all telling me to just got GTE swap, but they don't know that the GE & GTE are basically one in the same (internally at least) besides the oil squirters (which people end up removing when they get in 800HP+ range) and the intake manifold, the only real downside to NA-T is the distributor, but thats not a huuge deal with me, and I don't mind.
im in the learning process myself i bought a 400 thinking its was going to be a cheap swap when really i can buy a whole different car for that price in better condition..that why im selling my 400...you can delete the distributor and get gte coil-packs and change the valve covers and get a custom intake manifold or put the gte manifold on.. those are my plans .....
Old 11-09-11, 06:30 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=Toyboxx;6809471]

ugh get ready to be in this position A LOT! i mean i know i drive aggressively but the gas consumption on these bad boys is RIDICULOUS!

also since youre local, i have that lip you mentioned. You said youre looking to put forth work from ground up. pick up my lip without shipping C: PS how much did you end up riding away in that for?
Old 11-09-11, 06:36 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=greens14;6811805]
Originally Posted by Toyboxx

ugh get ready to be in this position A LOT! i mean i know i drive aggressively but the gas consumption on these bad boys is RIDICULOUS!

also since youre local, i have that lip you mentioned. You said youre looking to put forth work from ground up. pick up my lip without shipping C: PS how much did you end up riding away in that for?
I know right! $60 downt he drain. That hurt the wallet haha.

Well we may have too meet up soon and I would like to check out that lip.

P.S. I MIGHT be going out to the Keyoei USA meet at Tempe Marketplace tonight.
Old 11-09-11, 06:40 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! its like unreal. Ive spent more on gas than i have on all maintenance and upkeep (and theres been some serious work) done and ive driven it less than 400 miles. Anyways yea its majorly clean. youll be able to sell those wheels to pick up some new ones. I'm not a fan of those varrosteene (SP?) but the chrome TE replicas look great on white SCs

Old 11-09-11, 06:50 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by greens14
I KNOW!!!!!!!!! its like unreal. Ive spent more on gas than i have on all maintenance and upkeep (and theres been some serious work) done and ive driven it less than 400 miles. Anyways yea its majorly clean. youll be able to sell those wheels to pick up some new ones. I'm not a fan of those varrosteene (SP?) but the chrome TE replicas look great on white SCs

Yea I'm already selling them to my buddy who has a 67MM Powered GTE SC400 for cheap, while my other buddy is selling me his TT polished wheels of his 2JZ swapped MKIII for fairly cheap
Old 11-09-11, 07:45 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

That's a clean looking SC. It sounds like you've got some nice plans for your SC too. It will be a fun car.
Old 11-09-11, 11:29 PM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

well i will be doing the swap myself, so thats 2000 im saving. and i want to keep the twins. im not going for a high horsepower build and i want as little lag as possible. also i could just start with a single turbo 1jz if i wanted to. and i will be having a custom exhaust built soon (for real cheap) so i can just have another downpipe made for the new motor. and its not another 5000 to change from the twins to a single because the motor is already ready for boost and id already have the intercooler so i dont need a whole turbo kit.
Old 11-10-11, 05:48 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice pickup....Congrats on ur first buy...treat her well
Old 11-11-11, 06:36 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, dude. Glad to have you.
Old 11-11-11, 09:04 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Thank you all, I really appreciate all your love and welcomes

I already have my eyes on Wise front lip right now on Craigslist, plus I might be picking up some Supra Tanabe Shocks & Struts here within the next month as well. I'll update the thread when I add those on
Old 11-11-11, 09:08 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

OLT hit it right on the hammer. Its your car and do with as you want. I would mod it all day long. Welocme to the SC world. Love the color.
Old 11-11-11, 09:27 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

Skip the shocks! go straight to coilovers!

Quick Reply: Toyboxx's Build Thread