Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Sc400 Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-11, 09:14 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the labor part, I have a problem that if im not doing anything to the car I get bored really fast. So far im liking this one a lot so I guess it will have a future lol. It wasn't that much work, its just hard when you don't have a place to do things. My friend let me use his shop but its his shop not mine lol. So I have to be careful all the time making sure I don't get overspray on any of the other cars when we were putting primer on the car.

It was a pain in the ***. But its done, for me the paint job could be better im actually planning on painting the whole front cap again... Nobody can tell but my dad went throught the paint with the buffer and we spot the hood but for some reason the base coat looked lighter. So I want to repaint for that and the driver fender got messed up by those other wheels because the tires were huge so it put a dent in the fender. I pulled it back out by hand, its hard to tell.. but its something that I want to fix. Lucky is still have a lot of base coat left. Just need to buy clear again.
Old 11-04-11, 03:30 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc300max
I like the labor part, I have a problem that if im not doing anything to the car I get bored really fast. So far im liking this one a lot so I guess it will have a future lol. It wasn't that much work, its just hard when you don't have a place to do things. My friend let me use his shop but its his shop not mine lol. So I have to be careful all the time making sure I don't get overspray on any of the other cars when we were putting primer on the car.

It was a pain in the ***. But its done, for me the paint job could be better im actually planning on painting the whole front cap again... Nobody can tell but my dad went throught the paint with the buffer and we spot the hood but for some reason the base coat looked lighter. So I want to repaint for that and the driver fender got messed up by those other wheels because the tires were huge so it put a dent in the fender. I pulled it back out by hand, its hard to tell.. but its something that I want to fix. Lucky is still have a lot of base coat left. Just need to buy clear again.

Dont bother! sell this one. pick up another beat to crap shell... repeat ! or is it salvaged
Old 11-04-11, 06:18 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Can't wait to see what power mods you go with. I want to go with a Vortech V3 upgrade the whole fuel delivery system with a medium sized front mount and SSQV BOV maybe even a small spray of meth or NOS to get a bit more when I want it. I want just at or right above 400hp from my 1UZ as well just to be a nice cruiser with a bit more get up and go.

By the way love how the car has transformed so far, I have been debating on bringing my other SC400 back to life.....poor Alexis....
Old 11-04-11, 10:27 AM
sc300max
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC'd SC400
Can't wait to see what power mods you go with. I want to go with a Vortech V3 upgrade the whole fuel delivery system with a medium sized front mount and SSQV BOV maybe even a small spray of meth or NOS to get a bit more when I want it. I want just at or right above 400hp from my 1UZ as well just to be a nice cruiser with a bit more get up and go.

By the way love how the car has transformed so far, I have been debating on bringing my other SC400 back to life.....poor Alexis....
Well its not going to be for a while, I need to make some more money. I'm going to buy the standalone that I like to use first. I'm going to get a EMS Stinger. Than little by little I will get the turbo and all the other parts. Im sure with turbo that hp is not hard to get its just a lot of work. But the standalone does make it a lot easier to do, not having to worry about air flow meters and wondering how much timing your running on you factory ecu. I don't know how some guys get away with a safc on the 1uzfe, I think its crazy but I guess on 5psi its okay anything after that you should be pulling some kind of timing.

Yes the car is salvage, anything from the auction like that is salvage luckily it was in Tennessee if it was a florida car it would be a certificate of destruction. You should have seen the last SC that i fixed up, it was a $800.00 car I made it real nice, I sold it because it was to old (92).

I found the only pic I have of that car:

It had some nice wheels. Volk GT-7. The car was green, had all the seats redone.. I wish I didn't lose all the pics.
Old 11-18-11, 08:56 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow great work! like threads like these!
Old 11-18-11, 09:37 PM
sc300jv
Driver School Candidate

Wow looks good I am going tho the sam thing bought a crashed sc 97 red and its work in progress keep it up
Old 11-19-11, 10:21 AM
Reesetrict
Driver School Candidate

First, the car looks amazing! I personally like the vengences better too, but its your car...and the volk reps do make it look meaner.

As for the 1UZ, check supraforums. A few guys over there are swapping 2jz for 1uz. I think everything has to be fabbed, but there is huge power potential.

Personally I have an sc4 with a 2jz swap... so take that for what its worth. $12k later I have 700whp
Old 11-19-11, 10:35 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
All I can say is wow...that was an amazing transformation.
TD, took the words right out of my mouth...you're dad does some AWESOME work!
Old 11-19-11, 12:37 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

i wish my dad was a body guy your lucky he saved you like 3 to 4k worth of work +1 on that....
Old 11-20-11, 12:02 AM
sc300max
Rookie

Thanks a lot guys...

Bad stuff today though, someone put nice little dent on the quarter a little after the door handle on the body line. I couldn't believe it. I was at the junkyard with my friend, funny part is I parked in a part where no one can hit the damn car... It looks like someone walked by it and dropped something on it.. I don't know, it actually looks like someone hit it with something. I will show you guys a pic later.

Last edited by sc300max; 07-27-12 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-20-11, 12:34 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice project
Old 11-20-11, 05:39 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Threads like this make my day.
Old 07-27-12, 02:08 AM
sc300max
Rookie

Sold the car and bought it back from a friend lol.. I'm going to update with some pics of it now. I did end up turbocharging the 1uzfe. I will post some pics up so you guys can check it out and tell me what you think.. I have most of it done now made brackets for the reservoirs that were just hanging around lol.
Old 07-27-12, 03:16 AM
erikism200
Rookie

bravo, insert slow clap, bravo
Old 07-27-12, 06:00 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

HY!

great work!

have you some detailed pictures from the headers and piping to the Turbo and the exhaust?

thanks

Tom

Quick Reply: My Sc400 Project