Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Sc400 Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 09:43 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that red is sick! Power wise, go with a 2jz-gte or 1jz-gte it will be much cheaper and easier to accomplish 400 wheel.
Old 11-02-11, 09:54 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1J0Z SC
Wow that red is sick! Power wise, go with a 2jz-gte or 1jz-gte it will be much cheaper and easier to accomplish 400 wheel.
here we go again...
Old 11-02-11, 10:08 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Clean *** car!!! WOW good job.
Old 11-02-11, 10:53 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work!

So....what's up with the parts car?
Old 11-02-11, 11:26 PM
sc300max
Rookie

I've had a bunch of boosted cars... but when I had the turbo mustang I love it the most because of the sound the v8 has. I've had ka-t, sr20, 1jz, rb25, ford sohc 4.6 TT, I dunno I want to see what I can do with the 1uzfe.. I was going to buy a 5.3 lm7 chevy motor but I don't want to take my car apart like that right now. I want my ac working lol. Im sure with standalone the right turbo I can make the power.

I'm not saying money isn't a issue lol i'm not rich but it can be done.

That purple car is gone.. I have a 98 black on black for parts but most of it is gone. Actually its a pool right now lol my bro in law didn't cover the car and its been raining in miami really bad and the sunroof is off the car. I still have a lot of the parts from the purple car.. Prolly post a few parts later on this week.
Old 11-03-11, 05:59 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc300max
Low miles, lol the car has 189,000 miles. It drive and feels like a low mile car seriously... I'm only getting some clunking in the rear when I shift to D and R... but its really nothing. My dad has been doing body work his whole life.. He really isn't a painter though he does frame work and the work like you see in the pics. He is starting another shop right now with some guy, I hope it works out for him he hasn't worked in a long time. He had a brain aneurysm a few years back and crashed his motorcycle twice... broke his back and pulled the tendons in his arm. He only has one good arm.... he's like the energizer bunny keeps coming back for more.
Your dad is a MONSTER!

- how did he repair the rear qp before deciding it wasnt fixable? did he weld and pull several times or which method?

- did he use a cutting wheel to remove the old QP? or like a plasma cutter or what?

- what wheels were those and how much did you sell them before

- congrats on the progress!
Old 11-03-11, 07:12 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Impressive work! Your father is very talented. Call me cray but I liked the wheels before you purchased the TE37 reps.
Old 11-03-11, 10:39 AM
sc300max
Rookie

Me and a friend of mine pulled it like that we drilled holes and use a slide hammer to pull out the dents.. Then we used a fork lift to pull the quarter panel out we did it from the wheel well. After looking at it I didn't want to do it anymore and my dad saw it and said he wasn't going to do it lol.

You have to remove by drilling all the spot welds, it comes off pretty easy like that. We cut it just under the rear glass and next to the quarter glass.. Your not suppose to do it like that there are actually spot welds on the c pillar and a pillar that can be removed but I didn't want to take the rear glass out.

I bought those wheel for a 1st gen gs300 that I had, they looked good on there, I wanted a more sporty look on the sc.. That's why I changed them.
They were Petrol Vengeance sold them for $1200.00
Old 11-03-11, 12:36 PM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

seeing this transformation is inspiring me to fill out some apps. i need a job so i can finally make my SC the nicest car in my town (wont be too hard honestly... i mean im probably the only person in my city that refuses to use knock offs.)
Old 11-03-11, 02:14 PM
xwingzero2
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Impressive work! Your father is very talented. Call me cray but I liked the wheels before you purchased the TE37 reps.
+1 hahah i totally agree
Old 11-03-11, 04:34 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

Me and a friend of mine pulled it like that we drilled holes and use a slide hammer to pull out the dents.. Then we used a fork lift to pull the quarter panel out we did it from the wheel well. After looking at it I didn't want to do it anymore and my dad saw it and said he wasn't going to do it lol.

You have to remove by drilling all the spot welds, it comes off pretty easy like that. We cut it just under the rear glass and next to the quarter glass.. Your not suppose to do it like that there are actually spot welds on the c pillar and a pillar that can be removed but I didn't want to take the rear glass out.

I bought those wheel for a 1st gen gs300 that I had, they looked good on there, I wanted a more sporty look on the sc.. That's why I changed them.
They were Petrol Vengeance sold them for $1200.00
thanks for the info! ive never ever even considered replacing a quarter panel, but then again im used to overs. I'll look into that as an option next time! thanks!
Old 11-03-11, 08:47 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDMJoe239
seeing this transformation is inspiring me to fill out some apps. i need a job so i can finally make my SC the nicest car in my town (wont be too hard honestly... i mean im probably the only person in my city that refuses to use knock offs.)
I don't have a job either lol.... I'm a stay at home father, but I try to do things at night to make money. Sometimes I don't make money for "me" for a while so I just save as much as I can. I do wiring for standalones and pretty much any kind of wiring really, so that helps and i'm always selling something. When I was working it was worse lol.. I use to give my wife one check and I would spend the next one on my 240 lol.
Old 11-03-11, 08:49 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

I don't have a job either lol.... I'm a stay at home father, but I try to do things at night to make money. Sometimes I don't make money for "me" for a while so I just save as much as I can. I do wiring for standalones and pretty much any kind of wiring really, so that helps and i'm always selling something. When I was working it was worse lol.. I use to give my wife one check and I would spend the next one on my 240 lol.

we're in the same boat! just i dont have a wife or kids, and im staying at home cause of school!

but definitely same mentality, I do whatever i can!
Old 11-03-11, 08:53 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

I love it. Same color as mine and when I finish the bodywork, same body. I was hoping to find a pic of a '97+ Ren Red with dark or black wheels, and you've finished selling me on the look I had in my head. BTW great work on the bodywork; my car was straight and it's been enough of a pain, much less cutting off welded body panels.
Old 11-03-11, 09:02 PM
soLow1jzSC
Driver School Candidate

sick transformation man. what a deal it was despite all the hard manual labor! looks great.

Quick Reply: My Sc400 Project