Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 06:34 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Nice. Do you need to remove the carpet for that?

You guys get the one sided foil or double sided foil version of it?
Hey what's up, this is what I bought from Verocious Motorsports I got the 2' x 2' which was enough:

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...diant-Heat-Mat
Old 06-10-12, 07:21 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Hey what's up, this is what I bought from Verocious Motorsports I got the 2' x 2' which was enough:

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...diant-Heat-Mat
Hey man, awesome. Thanks so much for the help!
Old 06-10-12, 08:45 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by d32
very nice!! gave me more motivation to get my car done!
Is there anyway you could give the number or more info on where you got flywheel done? need to get my v160 refinished and yours turned out awesome!!

thanks
Dale
I sent it to Richard Finley @ Brake & Clutch Supply** 407 S 8th* Waco. Tx**76706 phone # 254-752-4307 . It cost me more to ship it then his work only 40 bucks but shipping was ridiculous on that flywheel like 70 bucks both ways but still cheaper than a new one! Richard was very helpful give him a call they dry cut it as well.
Old 06-13-12, 02:01 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Center console is back together! I removed the rubber piece in the boot to at least it get around the reverse collar. Still haven't decided what I'm gonna do for that I may cut the boot so that it will go around the collar.

Quick shot of the bay:

Cleaned the w58 box, this will be for sale shortly. 100% working order mint condition & low mileage! 92k miles still on stock clutch.

Old 06-13-12, 02:18 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Looks great. So was it hitting the back of the boot in those gears including reverse? That's what I am worried about, I just may need to cut my bezel to get around that.
Old 06-13-12, 02:43 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks perfect all you need is the gte valve covers
Old 06-13-12, 03:56 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great. So was it hitting the back of the boot in those gears including reverse? That's what I am worried about, I just may need to cut my bezel to get around that.
I notice it the most in reverse its very close to the back but still useable. 2nd, 4th and 6th are very close but it doesn't affect driving it.

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Looks perfect all you need is the gte valve covers
GTE Valve covers is on my list of wants as they look sick but its not a necessity at the moment. I've dumped so much coin in it lately that $300-400 dollars more for a different looking valve cover isn't on the top of my priority list. Now once a proper breather tank for blow by is needed from turning the boost up then I may be able to justify it.
Old 06-13-12, 04:26 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Looks awesome Do you plan to put the cruise back? It seems a shame to not have cruise on such a pristine car.
Old 06-13-12, 04:34 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HiPSI
I notice it the most in reverse its very close to the back but still useable. 2nd, 4th and 6th are very close but it doesn't affect driving it.
Thanks for the feedback. Let us know if you ever end up modifying the bezel or find any other solutions.

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Looks awesome Do you plan to put the cruise back? It seems a shame to not have cruise on such a pristine car.
Cruise control..... what's that lol?
Old 06-13-12, 04:43 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Cruise control..... what's that lol?
I will say it was very weird getting used to not having it as I'm one of those people that as soon as I hit a set mph I set the cruise so I had to adapt. The car has a 90mm throttle body but it doesn't behave like it, it still drives very smooth.There is probably a way to adapt the stock cruise with the RMR throttle body but it would take some creativity. The car isn't daily driven any more so the times I do take it out I'm not looking for the cruise control button .
Old 09-21-12, 10:00 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Update with some new photos. Washed the car and cleaned up the headlamps / repolished the TT wheels. The car has been running with the 6265 setup and the 6spd swap for awhile now. It's only set at 8psi at the moment but it feels really good. Now I just need to have it professionally tuned. Still need to install my TRD LSD and TT headgasket / ARP studs and then I can turn the boost up!

Old 09-21-12, 10:06 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good anyways.. Lol
Old 09-21-12, 10:19 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Andrew,

I lost my phone last friday so i lost all my contacts , so call me so i can store you number .

fast forward , if you are not gonna run E85 i wouldn't waste the money to get it tune on 93 oct 10-12 psi .

I would wait till , replace the Hg , cams and then pay Brad to tune it.

Get an intake pipe it will set your engine OFF!!!

Looks great BTW

Or have it tune now and then hopefully you don't run into any issue then come back and have him retune it on the new setup. I said this because you know with these cars it's alwasy something. But if you do run into an issue fix the problem and then change the Hg with other stuff and come back for retune.

Dmitry, If you get the old style shifter 93-95 your shifter will not hit the back of the console, i had the 93 shifter on my old setup and i didn't have that issue.
Old 09-21-12, 12:18 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Looks good anyways.. Lol
Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Andrew,

I lost my phone last friday so i lost all my contacts , so call me so i can store you number .

fast forward , if you are not gonna run E85 i wouldn't waste the money to get it tune on 93 oct 10-12 psi .

I would wait till , replace the Hg , cams and then pay Brad to tune it.

Get an intake pipe it will set your engine OFF!!!

Looks great BTW

Or have it tune now and then hopefully you don't run into any issue then come back and have him retune it on the new setup. I said this because you know with these cars it's alwasy something. But if you do run into an issue fix the problem and then change the Hg with other stuff and come back for retune.

Dmitry, If you get the old style shifter 93-95 your shifter will not hit the back of the console, i had the 93 shifter on my old setup and i didn't have that issue.
Thanks Omar, I know ideally I need to do the TT headgasket to make any power on 93oct but I really don't want to tear it all apart again. I'd like to have my cams sent off to Web cams to be made 268 deg , new valve seals, guides and possibly titanium springs and retainers. Do you recommend a certain shop that can do the head resurfacing / cam install / valve guides / seals etc etc? I fear a 2k bill to have all that done lol.

Then would you say 18-20psi is realistic on pump gas? I guess it's tuner and knock dependant. I've been tossing around the idea of adding an aquamist HFS-3 system as well 50/50 water/meth mixture. I wish I had e85 closer it's an hour and half one way and storing that type of flammable fuel scares me near the house.

Last edited by HiPSI; 09-21-12 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-21-12, 01:21 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Nice update man,

Car looks amazing as always.

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Hey Omar, I made a custom bezel already where the opening is a little further back. I personally witnessed an SC with a 6spd with a proper "hump" style tunnel that you see on 6spd supras and factory 95-97 SC300 5spds. It had the shorter 96-96 supra oem shifter and that thing definitely hit the bezel with just light shifting. I didn't wanna worry about it so I made a custom one. No big deal, at least I wouldn't need to worry about it popping out of gear or just the annoying factor.

EDIT: I ordered two more 5spd bezels since I can get them cheap. I might take the plastic ring off of one of them at the top of the leather boot to get it over the reverse collar and just for comparison's sake see if it hits.

Last edited by 97-SC300; 09-21-12 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: HiPSI's NA-T / Build Thread - Billet 6265 in store