Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

My GS build, slammed (static), aggressive offset!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 02:47 PM
nGeee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crazy set up, really aggressive sticky4, im looking forward to see your car posted up once your done.

good luck with everything.
Old 04-18-11, 03:31 PM
nGeee
Driver

btw, wouldn't it be a better idea to pull on a non-shaved fender since the extra metal can provide some rigidity for the fender? i'm not sure about the 3gs but i've seen other cars having problems with pulling shaved fenders. in particular, the thin fenders would somehow not allow the fenders to be pulled correctly.
Old 04-18-11, 06:21 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nGeee
btw, wouldn't it be a better idea to pull on a non-shaved fender since the extra metal can provide some rigidity for the fender? i'm not sure about the 3gs but i've seen other cars having problems with pulling shaved fenders. in particular, the thin fenders would somehow not allow the fenders to be pulled correctly.
See thats the million dollar question, I have heard the same thing but then I have seen rolled fenders that weren t shaved dimple up cause of the welds, like hitting a speed bump with the roller. I really would like to pull my fenders and they are shaved smoothly flat on the inside, I would imagine that the thinner, smoother surface would stretch and pull easier and smoother, also wouldn t be folding the paint in half on the edge your rolling. My next question is when trying to figure out how aggressive to go with wheels, when your planning on pulling. I want to so bad but really don t feel like getting into thousands of dollars in body work to correct a messed up pull AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!1 what to do!!! sorry for venting my ocd is off the chains Im about to just sell that *****
Old 04-18-11, 06:26 PM
sticky4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
See thats the million dollar question, I have heard the same thing but then I have seen rolled fenders that weren t shaved dimple up cause of the welds, like hitting a speed bump with the roller. I really would like to pull my fenders and they are shaved smoothly flat on the inside, I would imagine that the thinner, smoother surface would stretch and pull easier and smoother, also wouldn t be folding the paint in half on the edge your rolling. My next question is when trying to figure out how aggressive to go with wheels, when your planning on pulling. I want to so bad but really don t feel like getting into thousands of dollars in body work to correct a messed up pull AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!1 what to do!!! sorry for venting my ocd is off the chains Im about to just sell that *****
The body shop doing my fenders does a lot of rolling and pulling for high end and drift car. I have faith and I'll definitely keep you guys posted...
Old 04-18-11, 10:02 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those wheels are different, but look awesome! Like I always say, LOWER!
Old 04-18-11, 10:26 PM
Mistro
Driver School Candidate

Way sick I like the wheels. Mine are coming can' t wait till they are here....
Old 04-18-11, 10:42 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

please post a new thread with pics when its done...Thanks!
Old 04-19-11, 08:01 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Love that wheel design.
Old 04-20-11, 02:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am curious to see wht the package looks like when it all comes together. Are you going to be able to deal with the annoying vibration . I have a friend who dropped his AWD GS on 22's. It drove him nuts to the point he just got rid of the car. just a heads up
Old 04-20-11, 05:25 PM
nugget33
Driver School Candidate

awesome setup
Old 04-20-11, 07:22 PM
sticky4
Pole Position

Who says lip size doesn't matter!!! Check out my rears on top!!

Old 04-20-11, 09:05 PM
nGeee
Driver

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
It's better to get quality fender work done the first time around because once it's messed up there's no going back. for my setup i'm planning to roll all four corners flat with a very slight pull, just enough so under compression the wheels will barely tuck. i'm planning on going with AWD albert or a member on the g35 forum who has a lot of experience in fender work. i'll update once everything is finished.
Old 04-20-11, 09:06 PM
nGeee
Driver

sticky4, can't wait for you to fit those on.
Old 04-20-11, 10:30 PM
myGSsoWET
Driver

different. i have a feeling i m going to like this
Old 04-22-11, 08:26 AM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

daymnnn! sick wheels

Quick Reply: My GS build, slammed (static), aggressive offset!!