Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SOLEdier's hx35 single turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-11, 08:45 AM
joeazy187
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple C
you need atleast 440cc injectors and a safc2,your manifold will need to be braced or it will crack from the weight of this turbo, a Fuel pressure regulator will also help a ton. You also need to disconnect the internal wastegate and get the big hole plugged and weld in the smaller hole. I am in the middle of this process aslo you can look up my thread HX35 doin it right. i think that is how i titled it, you probably even want larger injectors but you would have to have the FPR to keep it from sputtering and what not. fuel pressure is good
Originally Posted by kyddo112
isn't this turbo a t3 flanged turbine? let us know what manifold you use because i'm having a hard time finding a t3 flanged manifold at the moment.
I seen a t3 manifold for the 1jz on eBay for less than 200 bucks, but like someone mentioned you might want to have it reinforced
Old 02-15-11, 05:03 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Since you have that huge Tial wastegate, you can regulate boost to 9-10 psi.

The HX35 won't max the injectors at that pressure level.

Don't turn it up any more then that until the injectors and ECU tune come into play.

There was a time in the tuning world were the HKS VPC was the King. It turned the MAF voltage into a Speed density conversion.

Many cars made good horsepower on the VPC even though its the most horrible conflict of signals ever.

The point is, Standalones are not necessary until you are quite serious in the horsepower numbers.

The power you make with a junkyard HX35, and a simple controller like an AFC or FIC, will more then test your traction, brakes, bushings, with hard driving ect..

Simple, clean. You are on your way!

Cliff notes:

Slap that 44mm Wastegate on there, tell the HX35 it's not going up more then 9psi, and have a blast with what you got already!

Oh and most manifolds minus the boostlogic, full-race are chinese. So it doesn't matter.

Over time quality has gotten better, you don't have to worry about pieces of the imported manifold flying off.

If its a T4 manifold, just bolt up a t3-t4 adapter. You got the hard part out of the way.
i heard you can not boost these turbos to low (i forgot y) you sure 9-10psi will be fine on the turbo? i was thinking 12-14psi and no more for the health of the turbo.

regardless i might get some 440cc or 550cc, and the aem uego for now if the price is right.

update: ordered a 1jzgte single turbo manifold from driftmotion.com will post pics when it arrives
Old 03-03-11, 05:00 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

still waiting for the manifold guys -__- ... taking so long idk how much longer i can wait
Old 03-03-11, 05:29 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

You can run the holset on low boost just fine.
Old 03-03-11, 09:06 PM
klepto2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quickGS300
All the wideband does is show you AFR, you will need that regardless.
Haltech is not PNP it will require some wiring, and some of the haltech don't use the factory sensors but it a good unit if you know someone that can tune it.
You are in FL it shouldn't be any problem trying to find Haltech Tuner.

What kind of power are you looking for? what size injectors are you running? i will not install a single Turbo on stock 370cc injectors not safe if you ask me.
Yeah the 370cc...might wanna upgrade to at least 550 or so for that turbo. Haltech is good but like he said...not PNP. Don't know where u are in FL but Alpha in Tampa is the guy...great tuner, great guy! He tuned my e6x. I was running a t67 with Haltech, and 750cc and it worked fine. Anyway good luck with the build.
Old 03-04-11, 06:25 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

^ thanks, and I'm in miami... tampa is kinda far lol
Old 03-04-11, 07:13 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just get the manifold and bolt it all up before you go buying injectors that are too big, or a standalone.

These things are not necessary right now.
Old 03-04-11, 08:43 AM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why does everyone say brace the manifold? the chinese manifolds for the 2j dont break like the chinese honda ones.

the chinese made manifolds for 1j's and 2j's work very well. i have an obx one from ebay thats been on my car for over 2 years now with no bracing holding up a 70mm turbo.

you can just get a t4 manifold and get a t4 to t3 adapter. itll sit the turbo a little higher but you should still be alright
Old 03-04-11, 08:57 AM
kyddo112
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by booja
why does everyone say brace the manifold? the chinese manifolds for the 2j dont break like the chinese honda ones.

the chinese made manifolds for 1j's and 2j's work very well. i have an obx one from ebay thats been on my car for over 2 years now with no bracing holding up a 70mm turbo.

you can just get a t4 manifold and get a t4 to t3 adapter. itll sit the turbo a little higher but you should still be alright
won't it hit the intake manifold/tb/charge pipes?
Old 03-04-11, 10:33 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

It's not Honda or Toyota manifolds that were the problem.

It's the 14-16ga pipe they used, on top of shoddy fitting, and crap welding.

Most "Good" manifolds that you pay $1000+ for, are constructed from Schedule 10 304 stainless cast elbows. These things have almost 3mm wall thickness. All are TIG welded.

The reason that Chinese manifolds don't suck now, is because there has been enough time for these companies to increase welding efficiency, use better materials, and generally better manufacturing practices.

Which reminds me..
Old 03-10-11, 11:30 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

after waiting 3+ weeks .......... its finally here. manifold that i ordered off of ebay. i will post pics in a bit so you cl guys can see it
Old 04-07-11, 08:16 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by booja

Stuff bend breaks and cracks all the damn time. Also If you Raise the holset anymore you might as well cut a hole in the hood because mine is close just on the Regular T3 Manifold. and yes i braced it becasue drifting and roadracing puts a little more stress on it then hitting the strip and cruising town.
PS. i dont know about the quality of the manifold that you bought but you may have lucked out and got something that was welded properly and not warped.
Old 04-07-11, 08:57 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by Triple C
Stuff bend breaks and cracks all the damn time. Also If you Raise the holset anymore you might as well cut a hole in the hood because mine is close just on the Regular T3 Manifold. and yes i braced it becasue drifting and roadracing puts a little more stress on it then hitting the strip and cruising town.
PS. i dont know about the quality of the manifold that you bought but you may have lucked out and got something that was welded properly and not warped.
Let me ask you something. What size oil lines and fuel lines did you use for the turbo
Old 06-21-11, 07:55 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Yo! Where you at?

I got me a Holset too.

Let get these things installed!!!
Old 06-21-11, 10:39 AM
luvmysc400
Lead Lap

Hope it all works out for ya. Gl wit the build.

Quick Reply: SOLEdier's hx35 single turbo build