Old 05-30-11, 02:37 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by langjaykev
im waiting for a fsport sale aswell
Originally Posted by mat551FON
When does lexus have the f sport sale?
I think it's sometime between late summer and then fall. The last time they had one, the F-Sport coupon expired in November 2010 but I think it started in September 2010 or something. I threw it away so I can't remember.

Originally Posted by itzhieu
nice! but it does look a little plain with out the "Lexus" on the rear end :/
Thanks! Did you dealership put "Lexus" on your rear end or did you put one on? I'm actually pretty used to having it without the badge, this being my first Lexus.

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
looks good Wunko, i have the same springs sittin in the garage waiting to get them installed too....how does it drive compared to stock ?
Thanks, RastaRacer! Yeah, I remember you mentioned your springs. It is noticeably stiffer than the factory F-Sport suspension when you hit little bumps in the road. I don't think there's any noticeable handling improvement. I've only had it lowered for one day so far though.
Old 05-30-11, 02:41 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres usually a summer sale.
09 summer was 20% off all fsport stuff.
010 summer was these packages.
011? these were all around july.
But if there is no sale by mid july im buying that exhaust!
Old 05-30-11, 06:24 PM
bforbrian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful. That is an aggressive looking Lexus.!
Old 10-02-11, 07:42 PM
Wunko
Racer

Default Ground Effects Rear Bumper Lip Installed!

I searched around for a ground effects rear bumper lip and finally ended up buying one.

My installer guy put it on with the 3M method plus some screws in hard-to-see places. I was thinking about the cut and drill method though if this does not work out.

I like the clean hint of aggressiveness it adds. Too bad the F-Sport package does not just come with a full body kit!

I took a few photos with my cellular phone. I would've wiped down the car and used my digital camera but it started raining when I stopped to take the pictures! I'll take some better pictures in the future. Hopefully I'll have the F-Sport exhaust and other things too.
Attached Thumbnails Wunko's 2011 IS350 F-Sport-photo0264.jpg   Wunko's 2011 IS350 F-Sport-photo0255_2.jpg   Wunko's 2011 IS350 F-Sport-photo0254_2.jpg  
Old 10-02-11, 07:42 PM
Wunko
Racer

Originally Posted by bforbrian
Beautiful. That is an aggressive looking Lexus.!
Thanks, man!
Old 10-02-11, 07:46 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

nice rear lip! now get the sides too to complete the look
Old 10-02-11, 08:05 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great. Definitely Look into getting the sides.
Old 10-02-11, 09:01 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats on your purchase
Old 10-03-11, 08:24 AM
Wunko
Racer

I appreciate the comments!

I will look into the sides. Hopefully I'll have more $ and find a nice price.
Old 10-08-11, 12:10 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

UGH I was content with just my recent mod of installing the F Sport splitters but after seeing your ummmmm "rear" now it looks as if I may need to look for a gfx lip too

Love the look of the ride though I don't know if the gfx sides would make a big difference those look too similar to the oem sides IMHO
Old 10-08-11, 12:28 AM
Wunko
Racer

I felt the same way. I wasn't seriously planning on the doing the rear lip until recently when my brother suggested it and the guy who installed my lowering springs said he could do some body work too. I haven't added anything to the car the whole summer and the F-Sport exhaust didn't go on sale, so I went ahead with it!

You already got the front splitters so the rear would be great next, if you couldn't get both the rear and sides and had to pick one. Rastaracer was saying in his other thread that once you get the sides, you start to notice it but it's hard to go off of the photos. I kind of want the sides now to "complete the set" but only if they are reasonably priced.
Old 10-08-11, 12:36 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
I felt the same way. I wasn't seriously planning on the doing the rear lip until recently when my brother suggested it and the guy who installed my lowering springs said he could do some body work too. I haven't added anything to the car the whole summer and the F-Sport exhaust didn't go on sale, so I went ahead with it!

You already got the front splitters so the rear would be great next, if you couldn't get both the rear and sides and had to pick one. Rastaracer was saying in his other thread that once you get the sides, you start to notice it but it's hard to go off of the photos. I kind of want the sides now to "complete the set" but only if they are reasonably priced.
Well if I had a choice between the ground effects or the F Sport exhaust I'd certainly get the exhaust with any hesitation our ride is just too ,too quiet and my wife had an x pipe on her C Class so we're both used to a niceee growl when accelerating ! Though the gfx lopsided isnt that bad off a price at $300 something from Sewell so I just might bite the bullet though I'd need to ship it to my buddies house so my Mrs won't see it ssssshhhhhhh
Old 10-08-11, 01:08 AM
Wunko
Racer

I agree, the IS is too quiet! Doesn't seem like Lexus is gonna do the F-Sport sale this year, so if the F-Sport exhaust isn't on sale by the end of this year, I think I'm just gonna buy it. Tired of waiting!

Haha. I won't say anything. Be sure to put up some photos of your car once you get the GFX rear lip put on, man!
Old 10-08-11, 04:31 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
I agree, the IS is too quiet! Doesn't seem like Lexus is gonna do the F-Sport sale this year, so if the F-Sport exhaust isn't on sale by the end of this year, I think I'm just gonna buy it. Tired of waiting!

Haha. I won't say anything. Be sure to put up some photos of your car once you get the GFX rear lip put on, man!
HAaaa check out eh IS Classifieds section ! Voormin i think is his name is selling a gfx lip that i know i should pick up AND another guy is selling the F Sport exhaust for like $900 which is a good price but folks are still trying to lowball him ?? That exhaust i should pick up especially since we're both in NJ !!

As much as i want to i know the Mrs will cut my b**ls off if i did ! Maybe you may want to pick it up since you wont get it at that price even from a F Sport sale !

Here's the link for the exhaust ! GL

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...haust-new.html

Last edited by omgitsjoe; 10-08-11 at 05:46 AM. Reason: added link to f sport exhaust for sale =)
Old 10-08-11, 07:58 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

sweet ride man

Quick Reply: Wunko's 2011 IS350 F-Sport