great work so far man
Old 01-26-11, 08:19 PM
antonio356
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
where would you buy this?

any links?
I was lucky enough to find this from a someone local and at a really really really good price.. but you can get it from the toyota dealership brand new. The 5speed Supra N/A uses it and the 5speed Lexus SC300.. The BMW one looks the same...

It's called the flex disc coupler. You can contact Curt at Elmhurst toyota...

37511-24010 COUPLING

Thats the part number.
Old 01-26-11, 08:19 PM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
great work so far man
Thanks man.. Appreciate it
Old 02-01-11, 07:34 AM
antonio356
Driver

***Update

Today I sorted out the power steering issue. It turned out to be a leaking front seal of the pump. I had already bought another used pump and had it replaced at the local shop JapPerformance just have to go back and replace the pulley on it as we thought it was a bit warped... Would of done it myself however didn't have the right tools and was feeling lazy... Now I just need to find the vacuum idle air assist that's on the pump as a nipple on mine broked off... Anyone have a good used one?? If no one has one I will just cap the ends..

Next on the list is to just try and get the bumpers done so I can put them on the car to see if they will crack again... Looking to get some rhino liner to put on the bottom of them Should help keep it rigid. If rhino liner isn't found then A metal plate will be fab in at the bottom of the front bumper to act as a skid plate. Undecided on how I will protect the underneath of the skirts and bumper.
Old 02-01-11, 05:34 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

what did you use to cover up the second exhaust hole and how? just asking because i want to cover up mine
Old 02-01-11, 06:04 PM
MidloSC
Driver

Originally Posted by antonio356
So it doesn't translate to the same on the car.. Hmmmm Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.. If anyone can figure what it means I would really like to know....

I have the fiberglass filler that I will use and then the regular one... Posted it in the updates... Have about 3 layers of mat on the badly damage area of the rear bumper, skirts, and the pieces that I added in.

Thanks for adding to the post man...

No problem. I'm impressed so far, and glad I'm subscribed. Keep up the fine work.
Old 02-01-11, 06:54 PM
SC400Drift
Driver School Candidate

nice build.
Old 03-11-11, 09:18 PM
vipsoarer2
Pole Position

not really a fan of the sprayed interior garnish... lol. however looking good so far... little diff taste then me but good to see another SOARER. also little tip... the holset turbos have a silencer ring inside of them.. if you take it out the sucker sounds like its a aircraft spooling up.
Old 03-14-11, 08:55 AM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by boostinsc
what did you use to cover up the second exhaust hole and how? just asking because i want to cover up mine
Fiberglass and tape.. I have been procrastinating in finishing the thing... I've been riding with my back bumper and side skirts off for about 2months now..
Old 03-28-11, 03:32 PM
antonio356
Driver

*** Update
Got some stuff done.... Changed the clutch

However after changing the clutch the C-clip that holds the clutch hub to the release bearing is slipping off.. FTL!! So I ordered a new clutch hub kit that includes the c-clips and washer to see if that solves that issue.. However someone I know who go their clutch change the day after mine is now having the same issue... SO I guess I have to wait to get that sorted out.

So while the car is down I decided to go ahead and start applying the body filler to the bumper.. I kept my fingers crossed.. Unfortunately this is the only photo I took since getting the stuff on my hands... Will post more when I work on it more...

This is what happens when too much hardner is applied...

That's it so far.... Planning on changing my wheels again.. Either that or painting them... So you guys can leave any suggestions to that... Thanks...

Last edited by antonio356; 02-13-14 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Fixing Photos
Old 03-28-11, 10:04 PM
ucmysc400
Pole Position

nice build keep it up !
Old 11-05-11, 09:22 PM
antonio356
Driver

**Update**

So the car is going into the body after a collision. I will get some photos up of that.. So far the body shops said that it can be fixed... I already sourced another shell so all the parts that are needed are there. I would just swap everything over but no tools/ provisions to do that... So what will be done is complete swap over of parts mainly front end parts. Also the interior in the other car is spruce gray so I will be swapping the tan interior for the gray interior...

Also got my turbine housing in today and put it on the Holset...

It looks pretty good... Thanks to SOLEdier for it.... It's a Bullseye Performance .70 A/R housing. Will be taking it back off to get it temp treated along with the compressor housing later on during the build... Waiting on my manifold and wastegate to reach... Sold the previous ones and ended up picking up one already modified with a t3 flange...

Will try and get you guys photos as things happen...

Last edited by antonio356; 02-13-14 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Fixing Photos
Old 11-20-11, 06:50 PM
antonio356
Driver

To some of you. This photo may scare you but.. Just hold onto your seats... This is the damage from the accident that occurred. The body shop will be receiving her this week to begin repairs....

Old 11-20-11, 07:01 PM
lexfrmtex
Driver

Best of luck to you.
Old 11-20-11, 08:07 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

damn man that f***kin sucks that happened good luck though

Quick Reply: My 1995 Soarer Build