Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"all i do is win win win no matter what" -brian lin
Old 05-18-11, 02:34 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^winning,duh...^^^

is there a vendor on here that sells these rims?? i might be interested in a pair in polished finish
Old 05-18-11, 07:15 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
^^^winning,duh...^^^

is there a vendor on here that sells these rims?? i might be interested in a pair in polished finish
... not cheap hahaha. japanese retail pricing here: http://www.weds.co.jp/products/kranz...a_size_22.html

188,475 yen is about $2,310.73 haha.

brian is a boss!
Old 05-18-11, 09:16 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
... not cheap hahaha. japanese retail pricing here: http://www.weds.co.jp/products/kranz...a_size_22.html

brian is a boss!
ahah.... its a pretty penny alright

lika BAWSS
Old 05-18-11, 09:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Probably because so many people have done it wrong and associated it with hip hop/rap artists they want nothing to do with it. The way I see it, black on black has completely exhausted its welcome and chrome is classic
Originally Posted by mygthang
black and chrome is the only way togo...
straight up!!
Old 05-18-11, 09:46 PM
LiveWire
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that $2317 a wheel or for all four? Cuz $10k for some 22" wheels is nuts. Especially when you can get some nice 3 piece 22" forgiatos or gfgs (like me) for $5k with tires.
Old 05-18-11, 09:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveWire
Is that $2317 a wheel or for all four? Cuz $10k for some 22" wheels is nuts. Especially when you can get some nice 3 piece 22" forgiatos or gfgs (like me) for $5k with tires.
ONE wheel. that's retail. if you get the hookup you probably get a bit discount. jdm wheels have always been expensive, and exchange rate now doesn't help. if one wants to go back to the root of jdm modding, then jdm wheels are the way to go
Old 05-18-11, 09:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

They look like 22's.

Why are you limited height wise? Are you concerned about tire wear or rubbing?
Old 05-18-11, 10:10 PM
LiveWire
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh okay..well if thats retail than it makes sense. If the JDM market is anything like the usdm than retail is usually double or more what the street price is.
Old 05-19-11, 10:04 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80

brian is a boss!
i think the price you're quoting is silver, not chrome juss sayin'. I'm no boss, I'm just an enthusiast.

Originally Posted by LiveWire
Originally Posted by rominl
ONE wheel. that's retail. if you get the hookup you probably get a bit discount. jdm wheels have always been expensive, and exchange rate now doesn't help. if one wants to go back to the root of jdm modding, then jdm wheels are the way to go
Henry pretty much nailed it on the head. Yup, that's the price for one wheel, and yes that is retail; moreover, the only options I ever wanted were japanese wheels for a japanese car.

As for the other options you mentioned, I've never been a fan of any WTW Corp wheels. This is just my opinion, but I think they're one of the reasons why chrome wheels have left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
They look like 22's.

Why are you limited height wise? Are you concerned about tire wear or rubbing?
They are 22s. With the datasystems controller, if I lower it to even 5 (IIRC) I think the rear tire is sitting on top of the fender. I'm trying to lower the car to around that height/lower without running into complications.

I'm not too concerned about tire wear, but right now I am slightly rubbing, even if slightly dropped. I believe as a solution, I probably need to have someone fabricate some camber arms, run slight negative camber, and dial in the suspension to where I want it to sit.

Changes are definitely coming.
Old 05-19-11, 12:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
i think the price you're quoting is silver, not chrome juss sayin'. I'm no boss, I'm just an enthusiast.

Henry pretty much nailed it on the head. Yup, that's the price for one wheel, and yes that is retail; moreover, the only options I ever wanted were japanese wheels for a japanese car.

As for the other options you mentioned, I've never been a fan of any WTW Corp wheels. This is just my opinion, but I think they're one of the reasons why chrome wheels have left a bad taste in people's mouths.

They are 22s. With the datasystems controller, if I lower it to even 5 (IIRC) I think the rear tire is sitting on top of the fender. I'm trying to lower the car to around that height/lower without running into complications.

I'm not too concerned about tire wear, but right now I am slightly rubbing, even if slightly dropped. I believe as a solution, I probably need to have someone fabricate some camber arms, run slight negative camber, and dial in the suspension to where I want it to sit.

Changes are definitely coming.
brian, you can use super low mode to go even lower?

lol, and yes, you hit the point on wheels. well, there are just a lot of stuff we know but can't say anything about right?
Old 05-19-11, 03:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The car look great with the wheels. I still have to get out to LA to visit the family and stop by to visit Henry
Old 05-19-11, 04:32 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
brian, you can use super low mode to go even lower?

lol, and yes, you hit the point on wheels. well, there are just a lot of stuff we know but can't say anything about right?
henry, at setting 5, my rear fender is sitting on top of the tire already - i don't think the controller will allow me to go any lower - but I want to eventually get there.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The car look great with the wheels. I still have to get out to LA to visit the family and stop by to visit Henry
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: USF41 Build Thread (brianlin87)