Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

ppayne's 1jz sc300 track project

Old 04-29-13, 04:57 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ppayne's purpose built widebody 1jz sc300 track project

Sooooo im a little bit late on this build thread but better late then never in this case.

My names pat, im 23 years old and im from new hampshire. Ive owned all sorts of different rwd cars such as 5 240sx's sr'd/ka, 330ci, 93 FD rx7 with an rb25 etc etc. Grew up with cars in my blood and ive always wanted a track car. well i recently just soldoff my rx7 and used it help me fund this project. I do all of my own work; nothing better then some good old trial and error

you guys might recognize this toilet.. it was another members car on here previously. so heres the run down on it, rusted in a few areas, automatic, had a spun bearing, dents,180k miles, the interior was absolutely disgusting.(used gloves while stripping it because i was extemely unsure about some of the substences that i found on stuff)! therefore it all had to go. the other also had a 1jz sitting around in his garage and the price was right so i couldnt pass it up .

here it is when i picked it up last fall.

welll got right into it when i brought it home that day... ripped the engine right out and dropped in the 1jz and sourced a w58 locally.

the harness was absolutely mangled from a ****bag member on here who also screwed me on the next peice of the puzzle. i traded him my coilovers that were on the car (ksports) for his (rebuilt r154) he came over and "rebuilt" my tranny with his burnt out buddy. well needless to say it went right to the tranny shop becasue when i my shifter back on it after it was installed and filled back up with gear oil. it just didnt slip into gear.... it didnt go into any gears to be honest. so i took it to a local reputable tranny shop and it had about 5 snap rings missing in it, a broken reverse shaft, and a bearing that was beaten to ****.

since i got hosed and traded the ksport coilovers to that dirtbag i had to buy some new ones.
absolutely amazing

powered by max ftw!

late on that week i got a new wiring harness and extended it all and put everything else back together and took it for a rip. it drove pretty decent but the turbos smoked pretty bad. also if youre shopping for coilovers. go with pbm, you wont be let down!

sorry guys; right as im getting into the fun part of the thread my photobucket keeps freezing while uploading pics. ill try and get some more on later on tonight for you all

Last edited by ppayne1201; 12-05-13 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-29-13, 05:33 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Good pickup and a nice start .. goodluck on your mods !
Old 04-29-13, 05:46 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Already had a RB'd FD3S and you went to a 3500lb cruiser for a track build?

You got some bawlz.

With all that work under your belt, this should be a nice build!
Old 04-29-13, 06:43 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the idea you do all the work yourself. Anyone can have it done when they have unlimited supplies of funds. It makes more sense to do it yourself, like you have, and learn as you go...

Great start man, BTW. Post more pictures.
Old 04-30-13, 06:26 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sucks you bought a hack job, but you're definitely on the right track to restoring it...and you'll definitely feel good once you've brought her back to her natural beauty! I've noticed that you're pretty low in the pic? Have you already relocated the wiring harness, if not I would ask you do so...for that low, it will surely get chewed up.

steve
Old 05-01-13, 01:51 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice project keep it going

I need some pbms
Old 05-01-13, 04:54 PM
hipnotizze
Driver School Candidate

Nice!!!!!
Old 05-01-13, 06:14 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
Good pickup and a nice start .. goodluck on your mods !
thank you very much even more so that i paid $1000 for the motor and chassis it did need alottt of love. but i feel as if i should finally start posting the good pics. those ones were mehhhhh

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY
Already had a RB'd FD3S and you went to a 3500lb cruiser for a track build?

You got some bawlz.

With all that work under your belt, this should be a nice build!
absolutely the pics above are some random ones ive had in the past. and nothing was given to me, it was all worked for extremely hard doing construction. dont worry i wont let ya down.i sold the fd and am planning on picking up another this year, if not ill be buying a mk4 supra. i just want to finish this and then ill pick up another car

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I like the idea you do all the work yourself. Anyone can have it done when they have unlimited supplies of funds. It makes more sense to do it yourself, like you have, and learn as you go...

Great start man, BTW. Post more pictures.
thank you for a school project i had to learn how to do something complicated in high school so my dad showed me how to paint a car etc and set me free and told me its your project. now you paint it. its the blue audi i posted above. it was from when i was younger. and since then ive learned everything else by trial and error.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Sucks you bought a hack job, but you're definitely on the right track to restoring it...and you'll definitely feel good once you've brought her back to her natural beauty! I've noticed that you're pretty low in the pic? Have you already relocated the wiring harness, if not I would ask you do so...for that low, it will surely get chewed up.

steve
well shes anything but natural now at this point but youll love it, just scroll down. the fun stuff is now beginning. and yeah that was when i first tossed the coils on and with those hideous wheels it came with. the rotas on it now are temp wheels. should have new ones ordered next week or so. harness and everything else has been relocated/removed

Originally Posted by kez
Nice project keep it going

I need some pbms
yes you do!! cant say enough great things about them. they ride amazing even on full stiff

Originally Posted by hipnotizze
Nice!!!!!
thank you!
cant wait to be doing this again shortly

couldnt stand the open diff after about 10 minutes. so it had to be atleast welded upfor the time being.

mid typing right now but theres an engine bay pic once i got the engine in with the stock twins etc.

couldnt stand the wheels anylonger so they also had to go. a buddy hooked it up with some rota p45r's for nice and cheap to get me by.
heres a pic from the last drift event i went to last fall when i finished it up. on and ps the 5 speed swap + 1jz swap took all of like 2 days. it was great. couldnt believe how easy jz series **** is to swap in and out compared to other stuff.

that was my baby but i also sold that off. i was plannning on being in jersey as of january first so i sold the titan and sold off the fd so that i could just poor money into the sc300 while i was away jacking up houses in jersey.

now. for the fun stuff
first issue i was having was that my car was to low and i was already rubbing after i raised it back up some . and at that point i didnt even get to do knuckles + other steeriing mods yet. soooooo the fender wells had to go; along with everything else!. she was wayy to heavy. no one likes heavy girls

also i wasnt planning on putting alot of stuff back in the car. i just wanted to make it awesome so i rid of the abs, and every extra hole in the engine bay basically. no bondo. i made it look mean, not a show car. but the quality and effort is there.

ill leave this here while i eat dinner. then ill post up the rest up till this past weekend
heres a paint teaserrr

Last edited by ppayne1201; 05-01-13 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 06:59 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

so ill post of couple of pics of some of the other **** ive got on my computer at the moment since i just got a new laptop recently. but here we go. heres some of what youve been waiting for !

heres my fd the day i picked it up. 100k miles. 2nd owner. well after about 2 months of driving it poppedit a coolant seal. i wanted to do a single turbo lsx swap but ended up going rb because of a friends rb25 swapped fd in texas. it was pretty badass.

so it all had to go...

mocking it all up

hated the montego bay blue so it went daytona blue. nissan paint for a nissan engine

called up shine auto and got some nice new feed products this is all prior to wetsanding also

dont mind the fitment,i just couldnt argue the price of the te37's. but i sold them about a month later.

so that was my fd. ill post pics of some pics i had of my 240's
Old 05-01-13, 07:31 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

my father owns a structural moving company called paynebuildingmover.com so we jack up and move structures all over . heres a pic of a house in our yard with the lexus under it

hideous brown dash

andddddd the fresh paint

filled all of the extra holes on the left inlcluding the harness hole. my running the harness through the old heater core line hole.

oldschool t4 garrett to4e twinscroll vband hotside also.. that i had sitting around the shop from one of our old trucks.
whats better than free?

soooo next up was the cage... if anyone is looking for a cage. i repeat what ever you do, dont buy a ****ing cage from s&w race cars. such a piece of **** garbage "1size fits all" cage that they claimed was built to spec for a mk4 supra/sc300. this guy right here, was less than impressed.
hated it so much so i only did the rear section for now.

well once the fd sold i went on a lavish spedning spree. it had to be done right?

got my order in from nrg

anddd these fine product from asd motorsports

and heres the lastest news. so the cars been sitting for about two months months since ive been out of state in jersey/ct/ma for work non stop so i havent been able to get any motivatiion to work some more on the 1 day a week i have while im home. girlfriend, friends, car , errands etc. its a ***** to get to al of them in 24 hours. well i finally got home early on friday night and busted *** on the car on saturday. switched up alot of stuff and installed a bunch of other parts i didnt post already. sorry im a picture ***** and document everything i do and buy. a big issue i was going to have was going to be running a regular fmic set up so it had to go... the less ic piping the better. so i flipped the core upside down and dropped it down a bit so that i could still fit my headlights in and have very minimal ic piping. should help out alottttt.

thats all for now though, ill have a bunch more this weekend once i get back.

enjoy
Old 05-01-13, 10:59 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great progress so far!!
Old 05-02-13, 06:06 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW. This just went from 'hopeful' to 'epic' pretty quickly!
Old 05-02-13, 08:27 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I just posted yesterday and this is what I see today good job
Old 05-08-13, 02:01 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

Thanks you guys I appreciate it

I'm on my way back from working in nj the last two weeks. So I should have some updates for you guys this week and weekend
Old 08-11-13, 07:47 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

well work has pretty much taken over my life and i havent even had a chance to really even work on the car since i last updated it. i got sick of the hideous brown and tan dash so i flocked it black to eliminate glare on sunny track days and to cover the terrible color., and finally installed both of my seats etc. i finally got all of the misc odds and ends ordered so i dropped the car off at a friends shop to have a bunch of small stuff finished up like mid mount ic piping, gauges, down pipe fabrication and some pre- track day prepping for an upcoming event . and actually debating on getting rid of the turbo and potentially going with a 3076r .82 or maybe something bigger. pics and more updates will be here by next weekend or so

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ppayne's 1jz sc300 track project