Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-17, 08:50 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Motor all wrapped up. Just waiting on my new credit card to show up so I can pay the bill and go get it lol.

Also got some teaser pics from Alon Jones / Hiboost of my new custom harness. Check out that mil-spec firewall connector

Also, got the custom flywheel in the mail for my new twin-disc setup. Just waiting on the actual twin disc and slave at this point.
Old 03-06-18, 10:01 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Been awhile since I updated this. I tend to do most of my own work on the car. But I came to the realization that I simply wouldn't have the time and energy to have this car done by this season on my own. I've known Brett Fenning at FenFab for some time now, and after lots of thinking I decided to suck up my pride and ask for some help getting this all done. The car (and my trust n faith) were delivered to Brett in January. I have to say this has probably been my best shop experience ever. Brett understands my OCD and deals with my constant questions/input very well. I get multiple updates every week, often daily. Lets me know what he's done, what he's about to do, any issues that arise and pretty much always with a suggestion on how to move forward, and lots of photos. Everything he's done so far has matched my expectations exactly and then some, all the photos look on point! Here's a run down of what he's done and where we're at.

- Old motor out (and sold), new motor in.
- Lots of powdercoating (done in-house at FenFab). Stuck with the fine texture black for most parts, but new accent color of "Gold Vein" used.
- New turbo installed and new 1pc alum IC piping fabbed (2.5" hot side, 3" cold side) and powdercoated.
- VVTi GTE valve covers sourced, modded for AN breather lines, and coated.
- All new harness installed (handful of issues with harness but he has corrected them thus far).
- New DBW TB and pedal installed
- New dual 450 pump installed (1 always on, 1 on with AEM when needed). New custom top hat made by FenFab.
- 1ZZ COP installed with brackets from FenFab,
- New FenFab v2 CD009 shifter & ASE twin disc
- Battery relocated to trunk (full size SC300 battery). Secured and in a battery box. Removable cut off switch installed.

Pretty much sums it up I think. He is just about buttoned up and coordinating with remote tuner Vlad for initial start-up.
​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
97-SC300 (03-08-18)
Old 03-06-18, 10:28 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Looks like he's taking his time and things are coming together very nicely!
Old 03-07-18, 09:58 AM
sc3757
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brett's New fuel hat?
Old 03-07-18, 10:14 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

This is the one he makes today. I believe he is still designing a new nicer version for the near future.
Old 04-18-18, 09:31 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

https://youtu.be/SAkP-eOE1GQ
Old 04-20-18, 06:09 AM
MLeopard
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to seeing some numbers from this one!
Old 04-24-18, 12:00 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Out in the wild finally, spring has arrived! Slowly & conservatively dialing in the pump gas portion of the tune. After a crazy long winter, 18psi feels pretty deng good
Old 04-24-18, 12:15 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Looks spectacular, and I bet it sounds even better
Old 05-21-18, 08:40 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Some pics from todays Midwest SC Crew meet and my new setup ( at Hidden Falls Park in St. Paul)

Old 06-21-18, 06:21 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Little update, even though forums are dead and I don't think anyone is even following lol.

Car is running amazing. Just finished up the pump gas tune last night. Super conservative, we have it down to around 8* of timing as that's what it took to not knock, WG boost (16psi). Doesn't really matter as this car basically never sees pump, but in the rare case it does I'm good with safe / conservative. So this morning I added a few gallons of e85 to start mixing that in.

Got my clutch adjusted, got the clutch switch wired in for 2-step/anti-lag. Both my 12pos AEM switches are wired in and functional. Both ABS sensors are wired in and tracking properly as well which I'm excited about so I'll be able to use traction control this year. I also bought a Tilton clutch slip valve that I'll be installing this weekend, hoping it will help me 60' better since that's always been a bit of a struggle for me.

So really all in all, car is running great and it's just a matter of getting it dialed in and turn up the boost!
Old 06-21-18, 06:41 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
Little update, even though forums are dead and I don't think anyone is even following lol.

Car is running amazing. Just finished up the pump gas tune last night. Super conservative, we have it down to around 8* of timing as that's what it took to not knock, WG boost (16psi). Doesn't really matter as this car basically never sees pump, but in the rare case it does I'm good with safe / conservative. So this morning I added a few gallons of e85 to start mixing that in.

Got my clutch adjusted, got the clutch switch wired in for 2-step/anti-lag. Both my 12pos AEM switches are wired in and functional. Both ABS sensors are wired in and tracking properly as well which I'm excited about so I'll be able to use traction control this year. I also bought a Tilton clutch slip valve that I'll be installing this weekend, hoping it will help me 60' better since that's always been a bit of a struggle for me.

So really all in all, car is running great and it's just a matter of getting it dialed in and turn up the boost!
Ha!... I'm following! Sounds like she's coming along. Definitely keep us posted!

Thanks,
-scott
Old 06-21-18, 06:49 AM
MLeopard
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still following along. Don't stop updating!

I want to see some timeslips.
Old 06-21-18, 07:18 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Ha, OK good to know. Here's a little piece of Jewelry I got the other day as well. Works perfectly!

Old 07-02-18, 01:21 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Nothing to huge to report. But we're done with the pump tune. Slowly starting to mix in e85 and turn it up. We're at about 20psi now on ~e60. So far so good. I know this graph isn't going to be all that accurate, but gives a general idea. Not to bad for e60 at 20psi Plenty of room left to keep going!!

Also, I got a Tilton slip valve. Currently it's installed with the smallest pill. Going to be trying it out for awhile here and hopefully helps me better my terrible 60ft's at the strip!

Quick Reply: Project Lex (92 Royal Jade SC300)