Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

project:Soarer

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-10, 04:59 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default project:Soarer

well time for a work log on this sled.. got it for cheapp but no running tranny. 4.0 v8 1uzfe that is on it's way out of the car.. engine runs strong and the ac is ****ing remarkable..

towed with the man-wagon 120 miles(yes it is legal).

got stopped by a state trooper and a sherrif in a neighbor county and they both could give a **** less. the trooper only said"keep it above 55" and it was at night because no traffic and only ****ting bricks when semi's drove by(was planned). got the car at 9pm and didnt park it till 2am. the clutch wasn't happy.

but before i stuck it in storage time for a badly needed wash. this exterior was immaculate. with original paint and all all oem parts on the car(even the sc400-only-front lip).

but the interior has had better days.. time for some recaros and a good carpet cleaning. and maybe a toyota steering wheel(oem)

now after 2 months of sitting. and finally located a replacement tranny(from a ls400(i had onf of those 2). time to try to swap.

well got the ****er on jackstands. but need extra wood to get more clearance

so got to work on the tranny(the new one) noticed there was some "secretion" on the input shaft side. so i tighten the bolts

commenced draining the fluid so i can change the filter.

Last edited by megamax; 08-11-10 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-11-10, 05:03 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

don't have a lexus fsm yet. so i used my rb torque bolt pattern for the auto pan.

rebuilt?? wtf.. some ******* didn't use a gasket but all this gasket maker ****. took me an hr to get it all off.

new filter and ready to go in.

the oil cooler lines were harder than **** to get loose(use vice grips) that got them to cooperate.
Old 08-11-10, 05:07 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so back to taking out the old tranny.. the bolts on the exhaust were a nogo. and i didn't have my sawzall so i had to hack the **** off.. first i started right after the cats to get the tranny to drop. then i said **** it and took the whold thing off..

then i couldn't get the ****ing engine/tranny to tilt so i could get to the top tranny bolts from under the car.. at this point i said **** it. this is too much trouble to go through for an automatic that iam going to swap out anyway.. so iam selling the **** i don't need and the car will sit till ready(like the rb).

Last edited by megamax; 09-17-10 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-11-10, 06:20 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

hope you get that ****ing 5 speed or if not a ****ing 6 speed cause that would be ***ing awesome.......**** lol....
Old 08-11-10, 06:30 PM
EUROJulian
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by megamax
d]

rebuilt?? wtf.. some ******* didn't use a gasket but all this gasket maker ****. took me an hr to get it all off..
Come from factory that way. 5 min with razor and then wire brush... To get top tranny bolts use long 3ft 1/2 inch extension and swivel socket. Remove tranny bracket to tilt`. Lastly tranny pump is sealed by oring, your tightening bolts didn't help any. You should do pump oring, seal and rear main seal

Last edited by EUROJulian; 08-11-10 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-11-10, 06:49 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

i used a gasket scraper(basically a razor with a plastic handle). not going to mess with it further. pulling engine out so 1uzfe,x2 trannies and a ecm for sale now..
Old 09-01-10, 11:19 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

well comming along,slowly. will pick up when i get my motor set this year.

last week chucked the seats in the back(it's on now) and loosened up the drivers and passengers(there going in the trash too). looking at some birde recliners.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...ngbackseat.jpg

going to get some black carpet and velcro it over this

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...yforcarpet.jpg

Last edited by megamax; 09-17-10 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-17-10, 01:09 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

well it's time to get some progress on this thing.

so yesterday i enlisted the help of one of my pals to get this v8 brick out of this thing. iam always a solo mechanic. but iam lacking the garage and time to do this one alone.

i loosened everything up under the car sans for 2 bolts to hold the tranny up. ds was taken off as well as some powersteer fluid drained.

"let my sc go"

a novel idea

using for rollers z32 front and g35s in the rear(this car will fit any 5x114 wheel it seems like).

got the radiator out. still not understanding this hydrolic fan crap yet. i have to sit down when i get some time and look it over.

started to pull the engine out but had to stop a lot to get to those bolts and fasteners behind the damn engine. and that harness.. oh that ****ing harness..

they do work hard(mexicans) but the illegals shoult still go home(this one is legal)

and again that ****ing harness.

so much harness

those "crafty-**********s" at toyota were clever the engine harness is pretty much wrapped around the engine in really hard to reach nooks and crannies.
had to cut a few wires and a few tabs are broken.

but for the most part i think i saved almost all of the engine. harness,you want as little as much cuts as possible because the harness fab person or company will charge extra for missing **** they need.

i also think i got away because this a v8 one and most of the **** i won't need anyway for my swap.

wow that **** was heavy. don't know wtf kind of alum they used but heavy like a iron block.

and really really really ****ty oem mounts toyota makes i see.

so all in all took 3 hrs(not bad) this was my 2nd 1uz ive pulled so wooo. big difference without engine car is lighter(duh) but how lighter is the question??

cleaned up the engine bay a little. going to do more before the motor set comes. as pull the harness out of the car and what not.

and after one more push and heave, this is how it sits now..

Old 09-17-10, 01:14 PM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like you are putting some work in, nice man.

What are the plans like?
Old 09-17-10, 02:12 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

thanks

-WHATS NEXT-

well iam getting the motorset before anything. iam dead set on getting a 1jz but some days i want a 2j. the latter would cost way more(oem oil pump/sump $500.00). and it would take some more time then.

iam going to keep the twin turbo setup, as i already have a single turbo car and having 2 of them would be pointless. maybe a garett wheel upgrade or a hks mod.

but for now going to clean up bay and find someone to do this harness for cheapo(hopefully).
Old 09-17-10, 06:34 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am getting a shirt like that
Old 11-07-10, 09:34 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

-UPDATE TIME- dammit!!!

well it's been a while(ran out of cash). and i have to tend to my rb swap. raising 3 kids(my cars) isn't an easy task. I brought this car from a fellow in sedalia m.o. and upon further research i would need a rear sump oil pan and a sc300 if i was to do any kind of jz based swap. a used oil pan goes for $250.00($500.00 new). and a front x member goes for who knows how much(haven't seen a sc at p&p for a while).

So the guy happend to have a wercked 300 he was trying to unload for a couple of months. i finally bit after i talked him down to $300.00(later $250.00) i employed my friend alan who helped me with the 400 pull. the deal was we go pick it up.i take what i need and he could have the car for scrap(it had a clean title).

The car had 290,mi about 300 miles on it. it started. smoked alot from the engine but started. the rear dif was locked up so we had to improvise the damn thing onto the dolly.

interior had is(still water where back seat used to be).

Old 11-07-10, 09:39 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

so the day after, got a late start pulling the engine and nighttime creeped up on our ***. so doing it in the dark, with flashlights and stuff.
Wasted an hr and half trying to get this ****ing engine out. then realized the car was in "park" and that held onto the driveshaft yoke. so put the ***** in neu then the **** came out like *** from a virgins weiner...

the day after. the block was dirty as ****. i removed the engine mount brackets,and chucked the headers and sold the cat(only one,seller sold other)

so my pal did some research and found out that the n/a block is **** in the jz community. so i gave it to him for some suby wheels and $50.00 bucks. so i had to remove the oil pan before hand.

so many bolts

finally ****ing done.

i have to go and remove the x-member this month sometime. so stay tuned.
Old 11-07-10, 09:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Now thats what I call progress. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted.
Old 11-07-10, 09:53 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scviolence
hope you get that ****ing 5 speed or if not a ****ing 6 speed cause that would be ***ing awesome.......**** lol....
LOL

OP, good luck with the swap

Quick Reply: project:Soarer