LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JPI = Busted
Old 08-02-10, 10:25 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

if OG memebers get screwed... we're all screwed ... if we deal with JPI of course.
Old 08-02-10, 10:51 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cliff notes on JPI problems:

1. plasma cut bodyparts left uncleaned.
2. Meth controller and split second controller left unmounted
3. wrong belt used for Cogged Pulley (used a ribbed belt for cogged pulley )
4. transmission leak
5. Huge gas tank leak from the fuel return system
6. Fuel pump wasn't soldered, wires just twisted
7. ECU wires twisted
8. Meth pump mounted where it could get dirty and damaged
9. FMU was mounted where I couldn't install the strut bar when I told him we had the strut bar
10. FMU charged nearly double for part
11. Supercharger leaked oil from chroming process (over $2k to fix)
12. Power steering pump kinked and leaking fluid
13. Oil leak from the supercharger oil line
14. valve cover oil leak (taken off for chroming)
15. O2 sensor wires burned up by headers
16. Header stud broken
17. Broken bolt on top of manifold (looks like JPI tried to extract the bolt but couldnt)
18. Broken brand new RMM carbon fiber cover (JPI did replace this with a used one)
19. Rigged the ECU reset for the computer to reset after ignition was turned off. This is the biggest rig fix I have heard of. Car started half the time. The other half it would shoot the RPMs super high, you would have to turn the car off, wait 10 minutes and try it again.
20. Pipes rubbing holes from his cuts not being correct. JPI used foam tape to fix the problem
21. Broken dimmer switch from custom LED for meth (JPI replaced)
22. Charged $500 for "tuning" when there was no fuel management to tune except for the FMU, timing was left stock
23. Original build thread JPI said 11:1 Rock solid AFR...I highly doubt that. It was 10.0 the whole time since I got it back
24. oil leaking into the spark plugs from the spark plug seals (when chroming the valvecover, reinstallation was not done correctly)

the list is longer than this...but you guys get the idea.
Old 08-02-10, 11:25 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
cliff notes on JPI problems:

1. plasma cut bodyparts left uncleaned.
2. Meth controller and split second controller left unmounted
3. wrong belt used for Cogged Pulley (used a ribbed belt for cogged pulley )
4. transmission leak
5. Huge gas tank leak from the fuel return system
6. Fuel pump wasn't soldered, wires just twisted
7. ECU wires twisted
8. Meth pump mounted where it could get dirty and damaged
9. FMU was mounted where I couldn't install the strut bar when I told him we had the strut bar
10. FMU charged nearly double for part
11. Supercharger leaked oil from chroming process (over $2k to fix)
12. Power steering pump kinked and leaking fluid
13. Oil leak from the supercharger oil line
14. valve cover oil leak (taken off for chroming)
15. O2 sensor wires burned up by headers
16. Header stud broken
17. Broken bolt on top of manifold (looks like JPI tried to extract the bolt but couldnt)
18. Broken brand new RMM carbon fiber cover (JPI did replace this with a used one)
19. Rigged the ECU reset for the computer to reset after ignition was turned off. This is the biggest rig fix I have heard of. Car started half the time. The other half it would shoot the RPMs super high, you would have to turn the car off, wait 10 minutes and try it again.
20. Pipes rubbing holes from his cuts not being correct. JPI used foam tape to fix the problem
21. Broken dimmer switch from custom LED for meth (JPI replaced)
22. Charged $500 for "tuning" when there was no fuel management to tune except for the FMU, timing was left stock
23. Original build thread JPI said 11:1 Rock solid AFR...I highly doubt that. It was 10.0 the whole time since I got it back
24. oil leaking into the spark plugs from the spark plug seals (when chroming the valvecover, reinstallation was not done correctly)

the list is longer than this...but you guys get the idea.
sounds like my long list of issues with my audio build. glad u starting to get things worked out man.....

BBK's look awesome in that color man
Old 08-02-10, 11:41 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

looks to me like a professional hack job. sucks that you had to go through this

Last edited by ElitistK; 08-02-10 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-02-10, 02:51 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to the new build.

This JPI roast has been an interesting sub-issue. I was also wondering where they went.
Old 08-02-10, 03:49 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thomas, glad to see the car is doing better and those green brakes will look sick on your car. I'll be shooting you an email shortly.
Old 08-02-10, 04:17 PM
Czechlex
Pole Position

Damn! That was painful just reading it. Can't believe the hack job they did on your car. Thankfully you have the skills and knowledge to catch onto the shady work they did on your ride and do it "right"! GL with the rest of your build and those calipers look sweeeeeet!
Old 08-02-10, 07:44 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

damn..so many issues..i kno how that feels
Old 08-02-10, 07:57 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistK
looks to me like a professional hack job. sucks that you had to go through this
I agree. Professional price, hack job results.
Old 08-03-10, 12:30 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn thomas, sorry to hear about the mess...

can't wait to see how things turn out
Old 08-03-10, 02:29 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Bro I cant agree with you more, me and glen (RMMGS4) were talking about how much it is to put together a nice reliable set up.. MY GS HAS NOT SEEN A HIGHWAY IN MORE THAN A YEAR! Ive driven it about 100 miles after the swap but I dont have an engine management, which is my fault... I hope to have this whole thing DONE in about a month.. I miss my GS3 a ton man...

-David
Old 08-03-10, 08:07 AM
lexus ASM
Driver

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Looking forward to the new build.

This JPI roast has been an interesting sub-issue. I was also wondering where they went.
The jiffy lube reopened, they went back to stripping drain plugs..
Old 08-03-10, 08:42 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice pics... Great looking engine
Old 08-03-10, 09:54 AM
1UZJAY
Driver School Candidate

This is one of the exact reasons why I prefer to do almost everything that I'm capable of on my own cars -- myself.

I've had problems with alot of shops in the past; from simple re-paints, engine work, suspension work, custom wedling, etc etc. I haven't built the 700whp daily driver yet but I've had my fair share of bad dealings with shops. Even those shops that everyone gives you a good thumbs up about their reputation and service; there's bound to be one bad day when you're going to receive the bottom end of the stick when you pay for work to be done. But speed addic I applaud you for going back and giving the benefit of the doubt to JPI. I would have taken my car and gone elsewhere.

On my 335 I dropped my car off at a local shop to get my coilovers installed; Simple job at a REPUTABLE local shop; I'm talking turbo m3; supercharged m5 kits, etc. I figured hey I rather pay the $350 to get them installed than wrench and get my car dirty so I figured I'd rescind doing it myself and enjoy my weekend off from work and my car. So I show up at the shop to just check on my car; g/f drops me off and she sits in the waiting room and sees the tech on a parts site looking up the diagrams on how to remove the suspension; I'm in the garage telling them what looks like it needs to be removed...I get wary here but decide to just let them finish. I come pick the car back up later and start driving home and everytime I go over a bump it feels like the shock isn't even inside of the tower as I hear it clanging around. So I pop my hood; they used bolts from ACE hardware that were non-nylon threaded because they messed up my nylon bolts on my H&R premiums. My driver side shock was almost falling out of the tower..going 75+mph I could have probably died if that shock had fallen out. I reamed out the shop and ended up finishing up the entire install correctly with my own tools.

I usually do everything that I can to my car for myself; just about everything short of welding and motor/blueprint balancing, and paint etc. If I had the know how and tools to do that I'm sure that I would too.

It's not that I dont trust any shops; its just when there's a bitter taste in your mouth you tend to not want to eat the same garbage.

Be wary of these 'speed labs' or 'performance shops' because good credit can buy equipment and pay for an ASE certified mechanic..and you're left with the bill to actually fix your car right.

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: TX Mode Parfume stage 3...