Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Stockhatch's SC300 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-10, 05:42 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks man! I appreciate the help you have given so far.

Regarding wiring, it really doesn't look all that bad. I have laid it all out and marked what is being deleted, swapped, or remaining unchanged on each harness. With the help of the wiring threads and the talented people on these forums, I think it can be done.
Old 09-06-10, 06:36 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Ok, so I got both harnesses stripped, gutted what was not needed, and am almost finished merging the two together.

I am also working on routing, and then I will lengthen the double ECU connector from the Aristo. I have like 3 wires to trace out from the EK2 connector and once I figure those out, I think I will be ready to go.

Here are some pics of the progress:

Pruning the Aristo harness:

Leftovers from Aristo:

Pruning SC harness:

Leftovers from both harnesses:

Introducing the harnesses to each other

Between now and this weekend, I will give the harnesses some time alone so they can get to know one another. Then, hopefully this weekend they will hook up and we will have a blessed event.
Old 09-10-10, 08:34 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Ok, very close on the harness now. Just realized both my cam sensor plugs are trashed. I replaced all the coil plugs since they came apart in my hands when I pulled the harness initially.

At this point I have lengthened all the Aristo wires, and tomorrow I will finish wrapping it all.

Once my connectors come in for the cam sensors it will be finished and ready to go back on the motor.

Now if my parts would show up from Toyota I could put my engine back together and finish it up.

Old 09-26-10, 01:50 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Ok, much progress has been made since the last update.

I finished the harness and then realized I had left out the coolant sensor for the gauge cluster LOL. I went ahead and added that in the re-wrapped the harness.

I finally got all the little o-rings, hoses and gaskets I needed in from Toyota. I put the motor back together Friday.

Then I installed my new clutch (ACT TS3-HDG6) and mated the W58 back up to the engine.

I dropped it all into the car yesterday!

Today I tried to fab up a downpipe temporarily to mate the exhaust up, but got frustrated due to lack of materials to do it correctly. I eventually got sick of messing with it and decided to fire it up with no exhaust

First, I pulled all the plugs, removed the main EFI relay and cranked the engine over until the oil light turned off. Then I stuck in some new plugs, and installed the coilpacks.

Then I popped the relay back in, prayed, and turned the key. After a couple revolutions, the engine lit off and idled perfectly!

I have revved it lightly once up to temp, and no strange noises or smoke thus far. Who knows once I drive it and boost, but so far so good.

Tomorrow I will install the 255LPH fuel pump and try to sort out some of the little things like intake routing, figuring out how to make the tach work etc.

Oh BTW, it seems that the JDM ECU operates the stock SC fuel pump ECU fine. I had read that it uses different trigger voltages, but I didn't do anything to the fuel pump circuit and it seems to be working fine so.....?

Pics:

Old 09-26-10, 02:30 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great progress. Lets see some pics of that interior you were talking about..
Old 09-26-10, 02:32 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Soon. It is still kinda apart right now where I had the tranny out. As soon as it is back together I will post a few of it.

Here is a vid of the first run. The sound is HORRIBLE on my Droid, so I pretty much muted it down to save peoples speakers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0zbbAsujg
Old 09-26-10, 03:01 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Nice looking ride
Old 09-26-10, 03:04 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Thanks man. Nowhere near as epic as yours, but I'm trying
Old 09-26-10, 03:26 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

congrats!
Old 09-28-10, 05:14 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Thanks! I got my JDM downpipe/decat today. Not bad for $100 really. The quality seems pretty nice. I hope it fits.... Didnt really research much on it, but its for a JDM JZA80 so I THINK it will fit. I will report back with fit results.

Old 10-02-10, 12:55 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Good news is that the downpipe bolted right up to my stock exhaust. Sweet. I took the car on its maiden voyage today and it boosts great, and pulls great. No leaks, no smoke. Seems like a good motor (knock on wood).

I still have to get some piping for the intake so I can get the filter behind the headlight where it belongs. Then I need to figure out why my tach still doesn't work after jumping r109 I also need to fix the AC signal issue so my AC will work.

Other than that and an annoying whiny PS pump that is still most likely bleeding off, I am very happy with the swap so far. Once I get the intake sorted out and whatnot, I am going to take it up to National Speed and put it on the dyno for a baseline. If anyone wants to know what a BONE stock Aristo swap makes, stay tuned

Old 10-02-10, 01:49 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i think ive found a fix for your ac. If you do this can you build me one too along with instructions il paypal you the $.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...&highlight=fix

For the intake i used a 3" 90 degree coupler and a 45" bend pipe to make the intake. It sits right behind the headlight, but i did cut a hole behind my headlight to route my ic pipe. Looks like it would work for you too.

Last edited by soarer13oy; 10-02-10 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-02-10, 04:14 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Hmmmm, I read in another thread that the SC puts out a ground signal as opposed to a low voltage signal. I will put a meter on it to verify.
Old 10-02-10, 05:42 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

clean swap man! any plans to go single?
Old 10-02-10, 06:02 PM
astrotrav
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Great progress. Lets see some pics of that interior you were talking about..
+1 www.leather-seats.com didnt do much for me

Quick Reply: Stockhatch's SC300 build thread