Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My ´97 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16, 12:04 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

The SC drives now with much more feedback! but i hear sometimes the springs... not so funny, but the agility is much better as before and the rear does at drifting that was he have to do i can feel every move from rear clear and not as before with a rubber between my *** and the street

Next step was to install the Spec Stage 3+ disc and the new bearing. To remove the box is done in 1 1/2 hour, not difficult alone with a engine lift.

without bearing

old Stage 3 disc

on the removed gearbox looked i for a shifter problem, he had to much play left/right...

shifter linkage bushing new

Old 11-06-16, 12:21 PM
Boergy
Advanced

ready to install back in my SC

my daughter helps me to bleed the clutch lines

But the new bearing makes problems, i can not release the clutch complete. several times the lines bleedes, not better, clutch pedal linkage new adjusted, not better. Solution = change back to the old bearing! After chaning back, bleeding the lines, adjust the linkage from the clutch pedal, feels the clutch grear for 90%. 100% street suitable, no rub, but if its needed a great bit for the track. Only on high rpm´s its difficult to shift the gears, maybe is air in the system or i i need more adjusting the linkage. but for normal driving its no problem and feels much more now as a Lexus as a racecar.

Between comes my new shift ****. 450g weight, 2" diameter, great

it was time to install new tyres. i bought Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 great tire, very soft, not loud, ideal for long trips, but not so direct in curves than the old Falken FK 452, but all over much better to drive.

The new shift **** is installed, but the gap between the gear gaiter and the **** is ugly. I bought a spacer for Mustangs, i think, and modified this on my small lathe.

rust....

fitted

Old 11-06-16, 12:30 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Glad you bumped this thread! I remember seeing it back in 2010, but haven't followed up on it. Great progress.

I'd be curious to know which Lexus dealer in the U.S. your SC originally came from.
Old 11-06-16, 12:32 PM
Boergy
Advanced

i tested the Tein silent rubbers on my Eibach springs, its a little bit better, but not perfect

to see more from the street, i fitted Denso wiper blades.. great product!

great look! much better as the Bosch Aerotwin or stock parts

so... next work on the gearbox. i loose oil in the back of the shifter linkage. i worked with my daughter and she had much fun!

here the upper part with the linkage...i found also the problem of the sloopy shifter. the screw was loose!

broken seal

and on the same time, i changed the bearing back to the original part.

different high! this is the problem!

original is a SKF bearing installed from GM

hello 1UZ!

shifter housing cleaned, screw glued with screwlock, new seal installed and new bushing (white part)

TRD Shifter install back to transmission

now shifts the box better, like new!

a picture after this work

enough for today tomorrow more pictures
Old 11-07-16, 10:38 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

next mods:

I bought from UK a used midpipe from a Soarer 1JZ-GTE. The have no smaller pipes under the rear subframe. the diameter is over the complete length

i welded new glasspacks and a 70mm flange, painted black and installed it in my SC

one side test

first start with the new resonators with cold engine

Old 11-07-16, 11:10 AM
Boergy
Advanced

After a long trip does the TRD diff some bad vibrations. driving over 80mp/h was not really possible, not funny. trd diff complete removed and my old Supra Torsen with the same gear ratio 4,08 installed. The SC drives now easer, but cornering makes less fun. The SC needs now on long trips ca 3 litre less fuel of 100km. The TRD brakes the car very much.

some pictures from the meetings

The aztec fire red IS200 supercharged is the car from a good friend

In the winter month, i will to restore my Volk wheels. my idea is to paint the wheels in BBS Gold and polish the dish like this here:

From UK i bought a stainless steel water inlet to change with the plastic piece

Also i bought new bearings and seals for my TRD diff to install this in the little bit longer oem diff housing (3.92) but before, i will clean it and maybe rebuild it. its very funny to drive, but for long trips is maybe a 1.5 way diff or only the torsen for drifting its ideal, but i do this maybe 2 times in the year on a small track, but its so funny on open road not easy to find the right choice.

Now starts the winter time here in austria and the SC goes sleep with the stock 16" wheels. Time to buy parts for next year

greets

Tom

Last edited by Boergy; 11-07-16 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-28-17, 01:23 AM
Boergy
Advanced

HI!
i bought a set of Stoptech front brake discs and race pads for my SC i hope the will improve a little bit the brake power.

Also bought i a set of Titan Motorsport sway bars for the Supra next upgrade for the suspension!

i hope in the next weeks the weather is better here in austria, now for the last 4-5 weeks every day lower as -3°C
Old 01-28-17, 08:12 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right on man! I know how it is with SC400 manuals its alot of testing and getting the right setup doing things over and over haha but it makes for some of the fun, I have one im working on now so definitely following your thread
Good luck with yours looks like your doing all the right stuff
Old 05-25-17, 12:47 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Hello!

The Titan Motorsport swaybars now installed, but the space to the oilfilter is not much. i bought a shorter oilfilter to have enough space and changed the oil complete. The SC feels more better as before. i choosed the setting like the TRD swaybars. The rear does not more caving in corners ( i hope you anderstand what i mean). i like that.

now the oilfilter

now enough space

left 1UZ , middle 2JZ and right the small filter

Last edited by Boergy; 05-25-17 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-25-17, 01:00 PM
Boergy
Advanced

i changed the thermostat housing to a stainless steel from UK. fits perfect!

I bought cheap a seat of front brake calipers with neralry new Stoptech Discs and Race pads. installing was easy, on the road, i can feel the difference cery good. more bite.

stock disc is 8,7kg heavy

The Stoptech 8,3kg.

Old 05-25-17, 01:12 PM
Boergy
Advanced

4 weeks ago, i brought my Volks to repaint in gold matt and polish the flange. tomorrow will i fit the new Volk Racing Stickers on the spokes and will start to paint wine-red (RAL3005) my brake calipers

greets

Tom
Old 05-25-17, 07:32 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Boergy
Hello!

The Titan Motorsport swaybars now installed, but the space to the oilfilter is not much. i bought a shorter oilfilter to have enough space and changed the oil complete. The SC feels more better as before. i choosed the setting like the TRD swaybars. The rear does not more caving in corners ( i hope you anderstand what i mean). i like that.
Did you have to shave the corners off the front sway bar brackets in order for the mounts to sit flush? I installed a set of titan sway bars on my car recently, and I noticed the front brackets were too large for the oem mount.
Old 05-25-17, 11:44 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi Blkexcoupe!

no, i bought the set sway bar used, the brackets fits without problems, maybe that the pre owner have done this to fit in his car. But on my pictures in can not see any modified corners, the are all slanted on the brackets and all sides with green paint.
Old 05-26-17, 05:11 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Boergy
Hi Blkexcoupe!

no, i bought the set sway bar used, the brackets fits without problems, maybe that the pre owner have done this to fit in his car. But on my pictures in can not see any modified corners, the are all slanted on the brackets and all sides with green paint.
DId you mount it directly on to the chassis or into the black mount? My mounts were like yours where the corners were angled (mine are gold instead of green). When I lined it up with my car, I noticed that the brackets would get bent if I tightened the bolts down all the way. If one corner fit in to the bracket, then another would stick out. I thought it was weird, so I asked if you experienced the same thing.
Old 05-27-17, 02:11 AM
Boergy
Advanced

hi!

i mount it directly in the original brackets on the chassis. Fits good but it was very tight in the bracket. maybe modified the preowner the mounts from the swaybars to fit on his Supra. To screw the bolts was not difficult, the holes are correct.

Quick Reply: My ´97 SC400