VIP-inspired Widebody SC300 Build/Teaser Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 02:55 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
built 2jzgte/twin turbo/6 speed will come later.. 2011 perhaps
I'm just waiting for some dumbass to crash their supra so i get a good deal on parts.

Its kinda funny you making a thread about a good sound system. Right now i am running entry level focal speakers, rf amps and 2 10 in mtx woofers. Its a better then oem system for sure but i was really considering going all out on a badass jl w6/7 system. But as it stands i hate my car being so slow. I want a 2jz-gte so bad.
Old 04-22-09, 03:05 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
you are the baller of ballers. (in the clublexus community at least haha)

What color are you thinking of going with? I've always wanted to see the vertex ridge in black, although it does look very good in bright colors as well.

play on playa
LOL i doubt that! it took me 3.5yrs to get to this point.. some guys on here fully build their cars in half that time

at first i wanted blue, then red, then green.. as of yet i really have no clue. ill probably decide on a color once the kit arrives.

there is a black ridge sc in the UK. he made a thread a while back. search for it and im sure youll find it.
Originally Posted by chrispy
Nice stuff. Can't wait to see it all put together. I like the chromed suspension components and brakes. You should polish up that exhaust. I finally found my Type 2's BTW.
i know! i saw on vsc, they look so sick! by far my favorite exhaust

Originally Posted by romeo291
Sweet man, another vip-inspired SC, imma have to subscribe to this thread. those brakes are gonna look sick. I was going to chrome my brakes or at least polish it.......but I got lazy. Plus, I was torn between gold and chrome anyways.
you should dip em! theyll look great behind those hardirrits

Originally Posted by SCboy
Oh man this is going to be good. Are you keeping that exhaust? If not, I have money..
im keeping it until i get a motor since the 2.5" inlet will be too small for boost. i will be keeping the extended tips for a custom straight through exhaust (to keep the current look of the exhaust) and selling the mufflers when the time comes.

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I'm just waiting for some dumbass to crash their supra so i get a good deal on parts.

Its kinda funny you making a thread about a good sound system. Right now i am running entry level focal speakers, rf amps and 2 10 in mtx woofers. Its a better then oem system for sure but i was really considering going all out on a badass jl w6/7 system. But as it stands i hate my car being so slow. I want a 2jz-gte so bad.
lol forreal! id love to find a 2j/v160 swap for cheap

upgrade to the KP series focals.. you wont be disappointed
Old 04-22-09, 03:13 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
upgrade to the KP series focals.. you wont be disappointed
I was actually planning on getting those speakers but I would be disappointed. As i learned from putting a subwoofer into a stock car; If you upgrade one component, it will expose the flaws in all your component. I could get away with reusing my current speaker amp but i would still need a new woofers, sub amp, extra cap and sub box, plus thicker gauge wires.
Old 04-22-09, 03:14 PM
status....
Lead Lap

sounds like its gonna be sick when your done... cant wait
Old 04-22-09, 03:18 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow sick plans, love the calipers. Everytime I think I'm done with my car I see something else. Is this hoebag that I was talking to when I was down there for TX2K9?
Old 04-22-09, 03:26 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Ohhh so you changed your username. I was wondering where you were. People were asking about you. This has always been one of my favorite SCs. Its definitely an inspiration. I noticed most of the parts on your list are on my "to buy" list. You've got excellent taste. I'll be checking back on the progress.

PS, can you get ahold of the JP extend tips? If so shoot me a PM. Ive got some Megas that need modifying.
Old 04-22-09, 04:00 PM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is going to be bad ***
Old 04-22-09, 04:03 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait!
Old 04-22-09, 04:15 PM
OMD
Pole Position

subscribing! can't wait to see the outcome! Airbags FTW!
Old 04-22-09, 04:18 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Wooooow this is going to be siiiick!!

*Subscription number 53!*
Old 04-22-09, 05:01 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

this is gonna be nice....
Old 04-22-09, 05:35 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sounds like an epic build! Good luck and can't wait to see the progress your car makes.
Old 04-22-09, 05:42 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cherplex
Wow sick plans, love the calipers. Everytime I think I'm done with my car I see something else. Is this hoebag that I was talking to when I was down there for TX2K9?
haha ya that was me. it was nice to meet you and val! hopefully you can come down for tx2k10 and we can shoot the ***** again

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Ohhh so you changed your username. I was wondering where you were. People were asking about you. This has always been one of my favorite SCs. Its definitely an inspiration. I noticed most of the parts on your list are on my "to buy" list. You've got excellent taste. I'll be checking back on the progress.

PS, can you get ahold of the JP extend tips? If so shoot me a PM. Ive got some Megas that need modifying.
orly? thanks! the type II has been discontinued for a while, but they pop up on yaj and upgarage occasionally. its hard to find the exhaust, let alone just the extensions. i think a vendor on vipstylecars has a brand new one for a gs though
Old 04-22-09, 05:44 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

more bling.. lol

i dont think ive ever seen these on an sc this side of the pacific. it should look better once i deline the projector area and do the tsx projector swap.

spare wheel.. it was originally 5x112 and had nicks on the lip. i had it redrilled and repolished.. good as new and well worth the cost! i still need to find the right 90* valve stem to fit the wheel though

rear stretch

front stretch.. ill probably go with a slightly wider tire when the motor swap gets done. 245/35 most likely

test fit when i bought the wheels.. almost 2 years ago.. yikes

Last edited by Kohinoor; 04-22-09 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-22-09, 06:17 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Now this is how you do a teaser thread!!!! Can't wait for the progress. Nice job collecting all the parts. Shows a lot of patience.

Quick Reply: VIP-inspired Widebody SC300 Build/Teaser Thread