Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Old 06-10-11, 09:35 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks jadu!

Yeah i took lexy out to adams last night. Its been a while since i got to drive my car and it just puts a smile on your face every time.

I'm in the process of moving into a shop finally so keep an eye out for more BVer crazyness coming.
Old 02-25-14, 09:01 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

bringing this post back up from the dead. Wanted to see if my log in still worked.

Miss this car. Moved and didn't have parking to keep it so we stripped it down and turned it into a roller. The motor ran great and the dvd is out on drifting.com on the 2jz build. The motor did finally go out, lost a rod at willow springs durring the all star bash in 2012. We used an NA motor from Carlos's SC and put all the same parts back on it. DriftMotion also helped out a bunch and had the trans rebuild.

I did pick up a black on black sc400 from clublexus with a blown motor and we took all the parts out of the race car and turned it into a street car. Thanks to Animal Auto for the help! My back is not in as good of a shape as it used to be. Love the leather interior and its running again. Still needs to go out to get tuned but its a blast to take out on the streets. Has the wastegate open so it gets loud on boost. Only running it to 15psi now but hope to push it up a bit more if I can find the time and money to get it tuned again.

Sorry a lot of the pics have been lost in the thread.
Old 02-25-14, 06:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good to hear from a fellow member and that you remembered the log in. Post pictures of your new SC when you can.
Old 06-24-14, 11:22 AM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've finally found the BV build lol...I'm beyond late
Old 07-19-14, 01:00 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Playing with the car again and testing some new parts. Friend took a pic and thought of this thread. Not many pics of the sleeper.
Old 07-19-14, 03:17 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Thats a badass pic.

Alex, are you still doing the shortened steering arm knuckles? Any new products to offer on the horizon?
Old 11-19-15, 09:28 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Merging Threads, sorry mods please delete if need be.

Back at work again in a new location up in the california mountains. Not sure how many faces in here remember the last build https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html but while having to move, I was not able to keep the car since simply there was not enough room to keep it. Before moving, there was a for sale thread here on CL for a sc400 with a blown motor and come to find out the car was not far from that shop. So with some friends we got over there and pushed it up on the trailer. The race car had a blown motor at this point and needed to be rebuilt. The sc400 is black on black and had really nice interior.

The plan was to take the driveline from the racecar and swap it over into the sc400 that way it would be a stock looking car but something fun to take out on the streets. Kind of a sleeper drift car. We did just that but with a blown motor in the race car, we opted to switch back to a NA block to save costs. Bought a motor from Carlos at Lexus Auto and its been running good. Here is some footage from that car at winter jam last year.

Old 11-19-15, 09:29 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

After playing around with the car for a while, the car needed something more. It was that time that the axles and diff and clutch all started wearing out after so much abuse. A few months ago decided it was time to build something new and I'm still now sure what to do with this yet but took the sc apart and started to fix things. Asked the my wife if we should cage it since the car should also be legal to run wheel to wheel and she said yeah, go for it. She has seen me build roll cages before but non in my own car and non in a lexus with its massive amounts of coatings and metal. For some reason things always take longer then expected. At first we started with taking that nice leather out of the car.

Used dry ice to get the big chunks off but still took over a day with a wire wheel cleaning the seams and cutting things out. In the end it looked like this,

Then the cage work,

Old 11-19-15, 09:30 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Then the sunroof fix,

Old 11-19-15, 09:32 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

The cool thing about being up here is having time to do new things and painting cars is something that would be nice to do. I always see those show cars and wonder if there is more time into fab work or shine work into some of those builds. Went to the local paint store that seems to be stacked with things needed to make a good paint job and picked up a gun with some black paint and tried to see, went home to try it out with a small crappy compressor. Well you learn lessons the hard way with no teacher around but happy that its all black currently.

Old 11-20-15, 01:56 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

My wife was having some fun with the miller and proud of her work!
Old 11-20-15, 02:35 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wifey has some skills too! It's good that she's taking part of the build? Is there a build for her in the future?

steve
Old 12-04-15, 10:53 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Her favorite car is a 240sx coupe, not sure if that's a build idea but she help with the door panels and trimmed them up so they fit with the door bars. Trying to get some of the stock parts back in there cause it just fits better. Had a big mile stone today and had the car on the scales and it came out to 3015. The goal was to stay about 3000 lbs and it feels good to be close to that.
Old 12-14-15, 02:04 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome to see you back at it! I can't get over how nice everything looks in the rear!! And the cage looks awesome!
Old 12-20-15, 07:56 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

thank you ZachTriggs!

Been spending a bunch of time on this... and would like to get off page 30 so would like to dump a bunch of stuff that just happened to get this post to the next page and hopefully have more people post on here too.

Got stuck in the middle of the smoke with a friend in front so the throttle stayed down. Came threw the cloud of smoke and saw his face which meant the worse. He was spun out and i was heading right at him sideways. Tried to move forward but he was already coming stopping. Hit him almost looking straight into his eyes as his hands are already in the air going sorry "I messed up." One hit then knowing the next one was coming. We had 3 in the group. We stop and hear the sound of an LS still on throttle with a big screach of tires. Out of the smoke a big flash of green comes into us and boom. The other side is hit too. ****...

Before that we had some time on different tracks and here is something that was fun to follow in a mess of traffic on the meihan track

The laps and time playing with the black sleeper was fun for a couple days so lets move on to page 31.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_hajd7Jl...=battleversion

Last edited by BattleVer; 12-20-15 at 09:02 PM. Reason: wanted to add video

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread