Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-09, 11:06 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great update. Nice mirrors you made there. Keep the pix coming.
Any prelim sketches of the vinyl layout you're going to go with?
Old 10-03-09, 09:25 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought formula D had some rule where they only allowed OEM mirrors to be used in order to pass tech
Old 10-05-09, 11:22 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, at the begining of the year FD made a rule that you had to use the stock mirrors, then about half way threw the season they took that rule back out. Now you just have to have mirrors on both sides.
Old 11-23-09, 02:11 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

So I havent updated my post in a long time, Let me catch everyone back up. Did the final round of FD at Irwindale with the vette but brought the lexy and the guys at BC where nice enough to have it in thier booth. WIth the vette, we did good, made top 16, people where saying its the best they have seen the vette run yet. Most of the compliments on the lexy where just how clean it was. Then again I didnt have a chance to really drive it at that point.

G-dimensions, the shop in which I've been working with and built the car at, well they havent been making enough money laitly so they needed to move to a smaller shop. So right after FD irwindale, I had to move all my equipment and the lexy home. I live in a town house with a 2 car garage. You cant even walk in the door now its got so much stuff in it. So I havent been able to do any work really ether.

But I was able to finally make the rear sub frame spacers and have a few sets that I need to tests. I'm hoping that they will also fit the mkiv's, if someone has a rear subframe laying around socal, I'd love to test fit it.

At FD irwindale, I also had a chance to talk to the nitto guys (they sponsor tires for the vette) and was able to convince them to also help out with the lexy. That was huge for me, tires were the last thing I needed to take the lexy out. I also had a chance to talk with Import Tuner and they wanted to shoot the car. Picked up some NT 05's from nitto and stuck them on the car. I really like those tires and if you look them up, they are very well priced so if your looking for some grippy street tires, dont hessitate to give them a shot.

Every year FD has a Pro Am event which is the licenceing event for new drivers and those who didnt have enough points durring the year to keep thier licences. This year they did it at irwindale and it was this past weekend. FD was nice enough to let me bring the car out on friday for the test day and use the infield before practice to shoot the car (thanks Andy, Jim, Ryan!). Then I got to take it out for a few laps durring practice. We were in a real rush to get the decals done, thanks to Naoki at Drift Day for cutting out the vinyl, and Bill Diggs for the roof logo and FD logos. Also Greg for volunteering his time to be an extra set of hands.

Remember this is the first time I had a chance to really drive the car. By the time we finished the shoot, everyone was already practicing. Got suited up and got in line. First lap out and drifted the full coarse. We havent had a chance to stick the car back on the dyno since everything had to move at the shop, but even with the 630hp or so that its making right now at 20 something boost, it was more then enough. After a few laps, she was nice and high around the bank and down low against the bottom wall.

I havent been so happy in a long time. The lexy ran great, didnt have any problems, and she just wanted more. Everyone was complimenting the build and how well the car looked and did. Being able to finally drive this car was trully sick. Unfortunatly I have been sick since then and have been in bed with the flu since sat. I cant wait to take the car back out again. You can see some pics from this weekend at http://www.driftfotos.com/.
Old 03-11-10, 09:29 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Wanted to bring this post back up to the top. I heard that this car's feature just came out in import tuner but I havent had a chance to get out and find a copy yet. Just got back from an epic hawaii trip.
Old 03-11-10, 10:43 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleVer
Wanted to bring this post back up to the top. I heard that this car's feature just came out in import tuner but I havent had a chance to get out and find a copy yet. Just got back from an epic hawaii trip.
Wait, I thought this was your car?
Old 03-11-10, 10:49 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

The car looks Awesome!!! Nice angle on the the first pix
Old 03-11-10, 02:08 PM
sprafrk21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Wait, I thought this was your car?
I thought so too, I guess he sold it
Old 03-12-10, 09:35 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Its still my car. I'm trying to get tires right now so I can run the XDC event on the 20th.
Old 03-18-10, 06:52 PM
kleen1JZSC
Driver

Originally Posted by BattleVer
Its still my car. I'm trying to get tires right now so I can run the XDC event on the 20th.
Dude i cant wait to see you the 20th!! my girl is a reporter and we hope to get a interview with you Alex
Old 03-21-10, 09:29 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

I ran xdc this weekend. They allowed me to run even though I have an FD licence because I only ran half the season last year at FD, my point standings where low. I mainly wanted to run it so that I could run my lexy. She just came out in Import Tuner and wanted to help get some exposure for the sponsors of the car. Any reason to drive that car is a good one, plus irwindale is too fun of a track to pass up, that and I needed some practice after not driving since last year. The car was great, it did have a few small issues that will need a little work. Like the starter was having problems off and on. Had to bump start it half the time. And I clipped the front bumper, nothing bad, it should buff out.

Qualifying on friday was good. Got second there. Then on saturday, we also qualified good, got first, which was a mixed blessing. Forest was having problems with his car and bairly made it and got the 16th spot. Forest's team was able to get his car back together and running well again so this was going to be a tough round on both of us.

I was leading the first run and pushed it a little too deep going into the lower bank. So much so that I had to drop gears to keep from spinning but it also straightened me up enough that the judges took notice. Second lap following and I was supprised at the angle Forest had coming off the bank. I was thinking to myself "is he going to beable to make that?" Well he did and I just did my best to stick to him. The judges call a One More Time.

We both try to get our cars cooled off as fast as we can and get back in line. Back to leading the first lap and I'm pushing it around the bank. Thinking that I could get extra angle I just layed on it in 4th longer then I usually do. Well that extra angle came back to bite me when I hit full lock and lost it. All I could do was spin it out of the way and let Forest go by. Final lap and it was already done. I stuck to Forest as best I could but unless he made a bad mistake, my day was done. And it was.

All in all XDC was alot of fun. Good people, good drivers, lots of cars at the show to look at, hot girls walking around. I'm sure there will be some good pics and vids poping up shortly.
Old 03-21-10, 10:04 AM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

i had to google what xdc was and i found 2 pics. the car looks great

Old 03-21-10, 10:20 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

LOL, I like how you see me looking out the door window going towards the inner wall in that first pic.
Old 03-21-10, 01:23 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Alex, I was there yesterday.... Car looks and sounds amazing!! Great drifting sir!
Old 03-21-10, 01:54 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

^^ nice, my buddy gleb's s13 in the background.

Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread