Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 09:00 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda need a car to come in so i get some install pics and make a how to.

On a side note, would you guys be interested in the solid aluminum subframe spacers?
Old 07-31-09, 09:28 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I may be interested

and as Jon (ThrwnSprkz) told you, I'd be interested in rear lower adjustable control arms. Although it seems eBay just popped up some CAs for the front, my passenger rear wont go as aggressive (-camber) as the driver. May try to swap bushings. Still considering the pros and cons of solid-mounts, as the car will see some road use until it's done.
Old 08-02-09, 08:17 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Took the SC300 to el toro but the fuel pump decided it didnt want to participate, so the car just didnt run right all day. What a waste.
Old 08-05-09, 11:14 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't looked at this thread since the beginning when I made that dumb joke on the first page. One word though, WOW. I just read every single post and BattleVer, you have blown my mind. I have learned a lot in this thread. Keep up the good work and GL with you company! Post some videos
Old 08-10-09, 12:15 AM
SC300_NW
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to see you run at Formula D over the weekend. The corvette is savage.

Old 08-12-09, 07:16 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Yeah, The Vette is a beast. We are still working on the suspension to fit my driving style. I'm so used to driving low hp cars that I like my steering to always be grippy. The Vette is going over to Techno Square and I'm going to start working my magic to it. Have a few things with the rack that we will be changing. Sonoma is pretty close so we dont have much time. I did ok in Seattle, got 24th in qualifying and ran against JR for top 32 and lost the round.

Got to work on the Lexy yesterday and found a bunch of crap in the fuel filter. Cleaned that out and hopefully that will solve the fuel issues. Going to start cleaning up the car, it will be going to the Seibon meet on the 29th. Took some of the flames off and going to redo some of the vinyl.

Old 08-17-09, 10:30 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Got to do some testing over at Drift Day with both the Vette and the Lexy. The Vette is the best its been yet. We played with the alignment and the shock settings and got to do some crazy 100 mph drifts.

The Lexy wasnt as lucky. I'm still having problems with the fuel filter getting clogged up. I just have a small earls -10 inline filter with the screen element and it fills up with crud. Looks like its the foam material from the cell. When we got there it already had low fuel pressure, so we cleaned the filter and got it running good. The problem is it would only stay clean long enough to get a few runs in then you would notice it leaning out on the top end. So we took it apart and cleaned it again and same thing, it would stay clean for just a few laps and start to lean out so I just put the car away. Dont want to risk destroying the motor for some cheep fuel filter.
Old 08-23-09, 05:41 PM
scgtedrftr
Driver School Candidate

I love the car man. You dont see many people get lexus sideways but there are people who try to drift them and give up haha but looks good I got one too with a 2jzgte swap
t67 swap and getrag 6spd welded diff and no interior. Heres a pic of the tennessee drift challenge that was yesterday 8\22\09 sucks i dont have a roll cage yet i need one bad.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-26-09, 08:16 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

This weekend went really well. The Vette ran great and I was able to start moving back up the rankings in Formula D. It was interesting how FD shared the track with the IRL, made the schedule spread out over 3 days.

Thursday we had practice and qualifying. I havent driven at sonoma for 4 years so the first few laps of practice I was all over the place. Luckily we had 2 hours of practice that day and by the end we where looking good. In qualifying, we scored pretty well and was able to get 5th with the highest entry speed.

That set us up to run against Cody Parkhouse in his S13 on friday for top 32. First lap I was leading and I just ran it clean. Second lap and following Cody, I just initiated right behind him. Noticed he was starting to go wide, to the point he was going off line a bit and starting to get into the soft stuff on the track. Then when it was clear that he was going too wide I started to go back on the regular line and passed him by and got the win.

We where excited going into Sat and got paired up to go against Tanner Foust in the scion TC for top 16. It was a good match up since we both had really fast entry speeds. I was leading the first lap and Tanner was able to stick to me threw the whole coarse. Jake Tanaka (the owners son and my spotter) comes over the radio and says "good run, he was on you though." My responce was "wait till you see this." Its my turn now to follow Tanner. I get right on him on the initiation and stick to everything he does keeping a tight distance. He starts left foot brakeing by the apex as I notice some smoke coming off his front tire. I slow down just a touch and he lets the brake go, now he got a little momentum getting off the apex. I lay into the throttle, maybe a little too much. Tires start smoking and I'm just not gaining enough speed. He was able to pull away a couple car lengths by the end of the run and take the win.

Yeah, I was disapointed that we lost that round but I wasnt unhappy at all. We did great and showed everyone that Team Tanaka is moving up. I've only been driving the car a few events and the improvements to both my driving and the car have been significant.

Old 08-26-09, 09:18 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good deal Alex, it seems Tanner likes to play dirty some times when he knows he could be in jepordy. hes too used to winning and likes to keep it that way.
Old 09-22-09, 06:29 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

i saw that you had the ait body kit was the fitment good on it? the back bumper was that the one they also gave you? looks really nice btw
Old 09-30-09, 01:47 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Sorry for not updating this thread in a while. I've just been doing small things to the car and I haven't taken it out drifting yet.

Switched out the fuel filter for something alot better. Now the pump seems to be happy. I was having problems with 1st gear popping out and it sucked, so I pulled the trans out.

Then took it apart...

And replaced the first gear syncro, the slider, and the fork. Also when it was appart decided to upgrade the shim to the marlin crowler peice from driftmotion.

Had to add some mirrors to the car to pass tech

Sent the valve covers out to get powder coated the same as the chassis, not sure if I like it now. Maybe the cover peice needs to be changed now.

Just got to work on the decals now and redo all the sponsor stuff so it matches and look right. Going to try and take it to irwindale, not to drive but to show it in the pits.
Old 09-30-09, 04:06 PM
cazman
Driver School Candidate

Va;ve covers look awesome, its just he center piece
Old 09-30-09, 07:18 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, keep the updates rolling!
Old 10-01-09, 04:54 AM
SC_Vince
Rookie

Awesome build!!! I hope to see it one day in person!!!

Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread