Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 01:31 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys should know by now, I post like once a day. I dont want to spam pics ether since most of it isnt too exciting. Spend 4 hours on that fuel cell and it still looks pretty much like how it does in the summit catalog.
I dont mind the comments at all (lets me know people are actually watching the build) or questions as to why or how I do something, thats part of the building process.
Old 04-20-09, 08:19 PM
silviaguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't wait to see this do its thing on the track!
Old 04-20-09, 09:16 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

I cant wait ether.

Starting to put things back in the car. Took the electricals off the steering shaft but think I may put it back and actually use the switches for the wipers and headlights, not sure if it would work out or be more of a headache. Then worked on the pedals. I'll be the first to admit sometimes I'll do things on the cheep when it comes to my own car. Instead of getting the factory clutch pedal and master, just took one out of a 180 clip that we were throwing away. The way I look at it, I just saved $300 but now the pedal is like an inch short. If it sucks then I'll change it later.

Dont know if I should cut the auto pedal or just leave it. You can see the 180 clutch pedal is shorter.

Then dropped the rear end down and put the stock rear brake lines back in. Still need the tubing to connect everything up to the master. Going to make new lines in the front and hopefully have that stuff soon along with the brakes from Rotora. First time you get a look at the bottom, as you can see its entirely powdercoated but over the undercoating. At least I know it wont rust but wish this thing was lighter.

Put in the axles, torqued them down, and tightened up all the rear suspension after that.
Old 04-20-09, 09:25 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I read that you removed the foam from the fuel cell....are you not worried about fuel slosh making corner transitions (drift direction changes i should say) a little hairy?
Old 04-20-09, 09:43 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

No No it was just to weld the tank and not mess up the foam. I put it back in after the tank was modified.
Old 04-20-09, 09:57 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

ah the pink diff. haha.
Old 04-20-09, 11:39 PM
cazman
Driver School Candidate

what do you mean "wish it was lighter"
The car or just the powdercoating?
Old 04-21-09, 10:00 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

The car itself. Wish it didnt have all that undercoating and wish I had time to cut alot of the useless metal off the car. The car is built like a tank, everything is oversized.
Old 04-21-09, 09:44 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Started fitting the rad and intercooler, the bumper isnt mounted but just hung on there so I can see how much space I had to do the intercooler. Then put the camera in my back pocket and guess it got switched on at some point so this is the only pic I have.

Got bored with that so switched to mounting other things in the car like the dash, hand brake, wipers, rear lights and started on the wireing. The dash is so far away once your sitting so I think the switch panel is going to end up in the center area infront of the shifter. Made a quick mount just to see and may just keep it. Simple little aluminum panel, 6 switches and a start button. Still need to find a place to mount the kill switch and just cant find a good place for it. The hood is so high in the back, and there isnt much space under the fender to mount it ether. I may just end up drilling a hold in the 1/4 panel and sticking it there. Going to hate it but at least you can see it. The small things take so much time.
Old 04-21-09, 09:53 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

put the kill switch in the most visible location. it looks weird but its for safety. on my boss bonneville project saab we put it right in front of the windshield on the pass side.

looks good. if you need help let me know. if you pay for the ticket and beer i can work forever
Old 04-21-09, 10:54 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

LOL, I may not beable to afford beer after this build. There is just no flat area on this car to mount the kill. Think I may have to run it inside the engine bay and do some kinda push pull setup to it, threw the body work.
Old 04-21-09, 11:20 PM
cazman
Driver School Candidate

Dont mount the seat too far bar, you will "feel" like your drifting more, but your not. It will be like an S2k the, where you always think youve got more angle than you actually do
Says orido
Old 04-21-09, 11:37 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Trust me, I know that feeling, being the first pro driver in an s2k and being Orido's team mate at the time.

For me, I like making my seat comfortable. I spend more time waiting in line to run then driving. If I get uncomforable then they runs start getting crappy. I've driven a few cars that I couldnt just sit in the seat in between runs and actually rather push the car to the line then drive it there.
Old 04-22-09, 09:19 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

The quicky switch panel...

Went out and picked up some stainless brake line and started on that. Since the abs things are gone, needed to also pick up some T fittings and tie the stuff together. Here is the front.

I was originally going to T the rear in the same place since it runs double lines and I already put those back in, but after looking at the rear again, decided to just T off the rear and I'll take the other rear brake line out when the fuel lines go in.

Looks like I'll be getting a twin disk setup from competition clutch soon for the R154.
Old 04-22-09, 09:29 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

very nice progress!

im suprised you didnt cut out the spare wheel well and make it flat.

Last edited by rwdanthony; 04-22-09 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread