ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Build Threads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-262/)
-   -   RYAN's 95LS build log, from OLD MAN's car to Fashionable CRUISER (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/368670-ryans-95ls-build-log-from-old-mans-car-to-fashionable-cruiser.html)

ryanSC300lover 07-21-08 05:05 PM

95ls

deleted....

ryanSC300lover 07-21-08 05:18 PM

So after I got home

blacksc400 07-21-08 05:44 PM

car came out pretty good! :thumbup:
How is the sound on the muffler delete? also, how did you cut the bumpers? did you paint it after? Looks clean!

ryanSC300lover 07-21-08 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by blacksc400 (Post 3696312)
car came out pretty good! :thumbup:
How is the sound on the muffler delete? also, how did you cut the bumpers? did you paint it after? Looks clean!

Hi there. Thanks for the comments. For sound click this link:p
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...68&postcount=7
Its got a V8 rumble at low rpm, thats about it.

I used a blade to cut it, and then smoothed the part out with sand paper gently. No paint was needed (not sure where one would paint). I can take specific pics if you like.

genetic 07-21-08 05:50 PM

looks nice, what about just not having any emblems in the rear?

steveski 07-21-08 06:31 PM

What a great write up - the transformation is awesome - I see no old man's car :thumbup: I am most curious about your Megan's. They weren't available when I lowered mine a few years back. Let me spray you with some questions.

Are they set at the lowest setting? Could you get it properly aligned? Do they bottom out? Thanks for the feedback and awesome job! One last question, are your tips 3" or 4"? Nice job cutting the holes - I did mine and it was not hard :thumbup:

ryanSC300lover 07-21-08 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by steveski (Post 3696419)
What a great write up - the transformation is awesome - I see no old man's car :thumbup: I am most curious about your Megan's. They weren't available when I lowered mine a few years back. Let me spray you with some questions.

Are they set at the lowest setting? Could you get it properly aligned? Do they bottom out? Thanks for the feedback and awesome job! One last question, are your tips 3" or 4"? Nice job cutting the holes - I did mine and it was not hard :thumbup:

Appreciate the kind words!:thumbup: They are 36 way adjustable. 36 being soft, and 1 being hard. I am at absolute middle setting at 16. I want to drive it and see how it is and adjust if necessary. No bottoming out at all. Good question on the tips. I am 98% sure they 4" They were laying around the garage for my SC300 that I never installed. I will measure them tomorrow and get you the exact dimension tomorrow :cool:

steveski 07-21-08 06:41 PM

If they are 4" I am leaning on swapping my 3" tips. They look really good. They are not oval though right? They look cylindrical to me in the pic.

The Megan's, are they set as low as they can go in your pic?

Looks fantastic :thumbup:

GSoup 07-21-08 06:53 PM

looking good :thumbup:

steveski 07-21-08 06:58 PM

Wow I like them - I will swap mine for 4" this weekend. I will replace my Bilstein HD/H&R with the Megans most likely when they wear out. I just clicked beyond 216,000 miles and this car keeps going. I was going to buy a 2006 430 and retire my 95 as a daily driver but I may wait another year :)

Thanks for measuring the tips - the extra 1" in the tip makes a big difference.

steveski 07-21-08 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover (Post 3696508)
Looks like I just made you buy some more tips:D I will drive mine cross country and put lots of miles on it, so if you can wait, you will get my true experience of the Megans. So far, they have been excellent (only 500 miles).

You are very welcome. :)

G Soup Thank you :)

Tips are definitely your fault :thumbup:
I forecast you will rave about the car driving across the country. My wife and I have driven mine from Houston to Miami a few times and the stiffer Bilstein's with H&R's were fine on the road :thumbup: Looking forward to hearing your feedback :thumbup:

dacecil 07-21-08 07:17 PM

That car looks fantastic. I have a bone stock 93 and am looking for ideas to mod it so it doesn't look and act like an old man car. You have done yours up right.

I will take some of your ideas and implement them into mine.

ryanSC300lover 07-21-08 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by dacecil (Post 3696557)
That car looks fantastic. I have a bone stock 93 and am looking for ideas to mod it so it doesn't look and act like an old man car. You have done yours up right.

I will take some of your ideas and implement them into mine.

Thanks for the great words:thumbup: Please post pics once you have yours done. Like I said, in a world of silver/white/black VIP cars, I started in the hole with a gold color, but decided to take a chance. It isn't as fantastic as RHYI and couple of other members here, but for what I had to work with and the short amount of time, I think it came out ok:)

Suneet 07-21-08 07:34 PM

Wow, awesome write up. That's some amazing progress in a very short time. The gold looks great! Nice selection of wheels. Great to see some more progress on this board. Ahh man I miss my LS :)

LiCelsior 07-21-08 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by GSoup (Post 3696485)
looking good :thumbup:

wth u doing in the LS4 forum lol, getting a LS400 now huh?

Originally Posted by Suneet (Post 3696600)
Wow, awesome write up. That's some amazing progress in a very short time. The gold looks great! Nice selection of wheels. Great to see some more progress on this board. Ahh man I miss my LS :)

get another one :D.

love the dish wheels man, got me jealous.