Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 09:15 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
hey ryan, car is looking clean
the wheels could come out a bit more though...come on, you know you want to
Appreciate it bro. Still debating on the wheels. I could use the spacer in the rear, but have to cut the fender lip like you and Mike have done. Debating. You guys are a bad influence

KILAWOMBATThanks for the heads up. Your clean car was definitely an inspiration.
Old 07-22-08, 09:17 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Wow man what a productive 6days!! Love the progress pics too. Wheels were a perfect choice for the car, I think the 19's VS-XX would not have "fit" the overall look of the car.

Sometimes its hard to believe what wheels, lowering and tint can do for a car, but this proves it!
Thanks for the kind words! I have a set of vs-xx on my MCS and it looks great. On this big car, I just wasn't feeling it.

Totally agree, few mods on a car such vanilla like this, really "Transforms" it.
Old 07-22-08, 09:17 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by convoy
very nice. thanks for taking us through ur little "modification" journey. cool to see the before and after pictures!
Thanks! You are very welcome. I figure people always post the "After" pictures and not many people post the before pictures. Seeing the ugly duckling before pictures gives us more of an appreciation for the after.
Old 07-22-08, 09:18 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RA40
Nicely done.

My alter ego wants to mess with ours more and seeing these brings the urges. I'm done with this one though, the next car...
Well for me I get bored with things easily. I wish I had the dedication to keep cars for "years" as many do around here. I have a sickness. My longest car ownership has been 7.5 months, and shortest 2 days
Old 07-22-08, 09:19 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ryhi
definitely add spacers.
Of course you would say that I can't ball like yours bro, I am just a average squirrel trying to get a nut
Old 07-22-08, 09:19 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by black_LS
Very nice transformation.

I have the spark plug wires too! BTW, pm'ing you.
Of course you have all the parts, after I already purchased them. Answered your PM.
Old 07-22-08, 09:20 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by status....
damn. all that work in such a short time. looks good
Thank you!
Old 07-22-08, 09:21 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by steveski
Your family isn't too far - I am on the North side in The Woodlands. Cross country in a Lotus would be fun for sure. Yeah the wife isn't into the mods like I am but I tell her it has been paid off for years and it is fully depreciated. Fixing it up make sense economically to me.

The grill is a Junction Produce I bought from CL member Chubby. I painted the old grille insert and surround black before I picked up the JP grille. I wanted a badgless look rather than my gold emblems.
I have a cousin who lives in the woodlands, daily drives a 575. We were there on our way to Dallas. Nice area. Love the badgeless look.I will keep an eye out for grilles if I can find one.
Old 07-22-08, 11:41 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Appreciate it bro. Still debating on the wheels. I could use the spacer in the rear, but have to cut the fender lip like you and Mike have done. Debating. You guys are a bad influence

KILAWOMBATThanks for the heads up. Your clean car was definitely an inspiration.

Ryan the debate is over we WILL be cutting and rolling the rear and add the spacers......Sorry but it is a MUST !

...and we will do Pics and a Right -up on it from the Lexkost Garage.
Old 07-22-08, 11:43 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexkost
Ryan the debate is over we WILL be cutting and rolling the rear and add the spacers......Sorry but it is a MUST !

HEHE If you insist! You guys are terrible. Ok ok, I give in. Time to go spacers, and cut fenders

BTW Mike, figured out the timing belt/water pump/brake stuff. All should be done by Friday. Good as new, for the baseline on the car.

Then will do alignment (recommended shops?)

last question Since I can't get the trunk to open with either remote, I figured will try to change batteries in the remote (doubt that will do anything). Where can I get the batteries, and does the remote need reprogramming after batteries are changed?
Old 07-22-08, 11:49 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexkost

lemme know when, if im around il pop by with my camera
mini-LS meet at Lexkost's house
Old 07-22-08, 11:50 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

HEHE If you insist! You guys are terrible. Ok ok, I give in. Time to go spacers, and cut fenders

BTW Mike, figured out the timing belt/water pump/brake stuff. All should be done by Friday. Good as new, for the baseline on the car.

last question Since I can't get the trunk to open with either remote, I figured will try to change batteries in the remote (doubt that will do anything). Where can I get the batteries, and does the remote need reprogramming after batteries are changed?
cant remember the size of the battery but no, you dont need to reprogram it afterwards.
Old 07-22-08, 11:50 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
cant remember the size of the battery but no, you dont need to reprogram it afterwards.
Thanks buddy! Disregard the PM then
Old 07-22-08, 01:05 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a cousin who lives in the woodlands, daily drives a 575. We were there on our way to Dallas. Nice area. Love the badgeless look.I will keep an eye out for grilles if I can find one.
When you are here look me up for a pint at the Gooses Acre Pub
Hit Mike up for his billet grill - he was going to sell it at one time.
Trenz used to make one. They were bought and the new owner discontinued it. Maybe Luis at Carson can still source the JDM billet grille now. He tried to get me one however the supplier never confirmed the order. Maybe a Fabulous?
Old 07-22-08, 01:07 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lemme know what you set your camber to - hear up front a good target is 1.5 and rear is 1.25. I have a little inner wear on the rears after 30,000 miles - no bad.

Quick Reply: RYAN's 95LS build log, from OLD MAN's car to Fashionable CRUISER