Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 08:24 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajayssc40093
I like the tails smoked on your car.
Thanks...I like it too. Probably goin to get that done next after I get the car back from the touchscreen installation today.
Old 07-10-08, 09:15 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Sold stock 97 tails....to get ebay tails...

not bad overall though
Old 07-10-08, 12:03 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i envy your interior....
Old 07-10-08, 05:48 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by product.sc
i envy your interior....
Haha...I'm glad the owner who had it before me took good care of it.
Old 07-10-08, 08:48 PM
OneSickSC
Driver

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
I'm right by USF in Tampa. Where in Florida are you??? If your in Tampa you should check out the thread in the Florida section of everyone here. Couple of us are probably goin to a meet this friday.
im in tampa also...waters and dale mabry area...
Old 07-10-08, 10:44 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OneSickSC
im in tampa also...waters and dale mabry area...
What are you goin to be up to tomorrow??? You should go to the riverview meet with the rest of the fellas. We should be meetin up at the University Mall by USF at 8 and then head out from there. Let me know if your interested and I will give you more details on what we decide to do.
Old 08-03-08, 03:28 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Default Some updated pics

Been working on some things since last time. Here are the black emblems I just got done with today.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813-painted-emblems-1.jpg  
Old 08-03-08, 03:29 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Close up of the Lexus emblem.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813-painted-emblems-2.jpg  
Old 08-03-08, 03:30 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

I think it turned out pretty good for a days work.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813-painted-emblems-3.jpg  
Old 08-03-08, 03:32 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

This one emblem took me almost an hour to take off. Trying to get it out of the bumper is horrible.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813-painted-emblems-4.jpg  
Old 08-03-08, 03:33 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Last but not least....the latest addition to the interior is the three spoke.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813-interior-1.jpg  
Old 08-03-08, 03:44 PM
Tony320
Rookie

You know I kinda like th tails. I think if they were smoked, they would look damn good. Where did you get those? I saw someone mention ebay, and was curious to know if they looked/felt like quality taillights?

I have a DWP SC w/ the OEM black emblems, and I've been looking at doing a black/white thing too. Trying to decide whether I should go w/ the ebay headlights or try to smoke the OEMs.
Old 08-03-08, 03:49 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How did you do the emblems ?.... I saw a coupe just like yours with the same tails where u in the Miami Lakes area a few weeks ago ????
Old 08-03-08, 04:52 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tony320
You know I kinda like th tails. I think if they were smoked, they would look damn good. Where did you get those? I saw someone mention ebay, and was curious to know if they looked/felt like quality taillights?

I have a DWP SC w/ the OEM black emblems, and I've been looking at doing a black/white thing too. Trying to decide whether I should go w/ the ebay headlights or try to smoke the OEMs.
I'm glad you like Even though alot of people here don't like them I think they tie in very well with my black and white combination that I'm trying to do. I got them off of ebay and they really are quality tailights. I have had no condensation problems or fitment problems whatsoever.

As far as the ebay headlights you can search this forum about everyone's opinion on those but the main problem is that you can't adjust the lights so the light doesn't come out straight when you put them in. I just saw the florida mega meet and saw a few SC's with the chrome ebay headlights and I like the way they look but i'm still in debate on getting them I say paint your stock one's the way you want them to look but again search in this forum on how to do it right.

Lucky you that your emblems were already black

I think for all of us white SC's out there the black and white combination looks so good if done right. I'm just trying to take it one thing at a time. Next on my list is the clear sidemarkers, exhaust tips, and maybe smoking the tailights.
Old 08-03-08, 05:20 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sTcT300
How did you do the emblems ?.... I saw a coupe just like yours with the same tails where u in the Miami Lakes area a few weeks ago ????
You need the following: flat head screwdriver, dental floss, Goo Gone, sand paper, primer paint, 3M mounting tape that is red on the outside and grey on the inside (says outdoor tape on the packet), regular paint tape, and patience.

The procedure: Use the blue painter's tape to go arounf the sides of each emblem so you get an idea of where the go back on the car.Get behind the emblems with the floss and start going back and forth. You will see the old tape start to come off from the back. You will be able to completely take off the SC and 300 emblems this way with no problem. When you get to the "L and Lexus" logo try and use the floss as much as you can. Get that flat head screw driver and "gently" press it against the blue tape you put on the car to get them out. These emblems have several pegs in the back of them which is great for putting back on the car. Be careful with the L on the front of the car cause it was absolutely a nightmare to get out.

Once you have the emblems off the car...clean up the back of the emblems and the car with the Goo Gone. It's important to clean off all the old tape so the new tape can stick real good.

On to paint.....take your sand paper and just scuff up the emblems a little bit for the paint to stick. Then put the primer paint on the emblems so your black paint can really stick to the emblem and come out smooth and even. After you did the primer...wait to dry....black paint...let dry....then put the clear paint next. You can put as many coats of black as you want and be sure not to go crazy with the clear...just one time and several strokes. You don't want those emblems to get too "blingie."

After everything has dried out take strips of your 3M tape and put it on the back of your emblems. Since you have the blue painter's tape on the car you will have an idea where to put back your emblems.

Overall it should take someone a full day to get it done right but it is well worth it

As far as being in Miami Lakes.....i'm over in Tampa so not sure where that is If it's in Tampa it might have been me, but if it's in Miami.....the car hasn't made the trip down there yet.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813