Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Scuff marks

Old 05-15-19, 02:29 PM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Scuff marks

I have an easy one for someone. I bought some WeatherTech floor liners for my wife's RX a while ago because I was so happy with some I got for my car a few years ago. The problem is that while mine are black and don't show dirt, hers are tan and they do. I thought the expected winter dirt/salt/mag chloride that we get every winter would come out with soap and water. It didn't. So now I'm wondering what I can use to clean them. I would think just about anything somewhat strong would work. Maybe even some Simple Green, but I don't want to ruin them. Any ideas? WeatherTech sells a cleaner, but I'm thinking I MUST have something that will work well.

Also, it seems like whatever I use might be able to get he scuff marks off the door sill, too. What's a good idea for that?
Old 05-16-19, 04:36 AM
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
I have an easy one for someone. I bought some WeatherTech floor liners for my wife's RX a while ago because I was so happy with some I got for my car a few years ago. The problem is that while mine are black and don't show dirt, hers are tan and they do. I thought the expected winter dirt/salt/mag chloride that we get every winter would come out with soap and water. It didn't. So now I'm wondering what I can use to clean them. I would think just about anything somewhat strong would work. Maybe even some Simple Green, but I don't want to ruin them. Any ideas? WeatherTech sells a cleaner, but I'm thinking I MUST have something that will work well.

Also, it seems like whatever I use might be able to get he scuff marks off the door sill, too. What's a good idea for that?
I would try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser first.
Old 05-16-19, 06:21 AM
np20412
Lexus Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
I would try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser first.
Agree but don't buy Mr. Clean brand. Go on amazon and buy generic melamine sponges. It is the same exact thing for a fraction of the cost.
The following users liked this post:
Woodrow (05-17-19)
Old 05-16-19, 07:34 AM
fwhomeboy
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412 View Post
Agree but don't buy Mr. Clean brand. Go on amazon and buy generic melamine sponges. It is the same exact thing for a fraction of the cost.
Amazon Amazon
Thanks NP !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: