My Experience with Kamikaze ISM - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

My Experience with Kamikaze ISM

Old 01-30-19, 10:34 AM
Sig1855
Driver School Candidate

Default My Experience with Kamikaze ISM

After much research, I decided to give Kamikaze ISM a try over the holidays with the intention of coating my two vehicles: 2018 GS350, and 2001 Infiniti QX4. When I was done, I still had a good amount left over, so I reached out to a couple friends... one with a black 2015 BMW X5 (prep work on it was a b**ch!) and the other with a 2017 Tacoma, neither are garaged. I made a deal with the Tacoma friend that he'd loan it to me for a few days in exchange for my labor.

First impression: after the proper prep work (McKee's pre coating polish was my favorite), I was so impressed with the way each vehicle turned out. The surfaces were like looking in a mirror! People even stopped me to comment on the finish, especially on my Lexus. The X5 came out great. It had so many swirls and blemishes in the paint, but I got them all out, and the coating made it look "wet" and new again.

Here is a pic of each after completion, and my "bead" test after the Tacoma was driven for 4 days straight in heavy rain on the freeway (over 400 miles). Even the lower rocker panels beaded up like brand new when I washed it. So far, 10/10 recommend! I'll post some updates as time goes on, but this stuff is worth it!

18 year old SUV that came out looking like brand new... helps that I've been meticulous with it for it's whole life

This one was the biggest transformation. I couldn't believe it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sig1855 For This Useful Post:
GunnyFitz (02-05-19)
Old 01-30-19, 10:38 AM
Sig1855
Driver School Candidate

Here's the video showing the bead after the lengthy rain driving and washing it
Attached Files
File Type: mov
tacoma vid.MOV (3.13 MB, 10 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: