Suede leather care - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Suede leather care

Old 01-15-19, 02:56 PM
naquin123
Pole Position

Default Suede leather care

hi everyone. What can i use to clean and protect the suede trim inside the car. Thanks
Old 01-16-19, 12:05 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Suede? You sure? I thought it was Alcantara.
Old 01-16-19, 08:07 AM
bigblack06

I moved it to the detail area maybe more people can help you here, and yes I think he meant alcantara.
Old 01-16-19, 11:05 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by naquin123 View Post
hi everyone. What can i use to clean and protect the suede trim inside the car. Thanks
Big difference between suede and alcantara when cleaning and protecting. I doubt your car has suede, it is very rare for cars unless it is a very high end car. For cleaning I would just lightly and gently wipe with a soft towel or brush with a very soft brush if the fibers stick. They make some suede water/stain protection sprays, I use this for my suede/analine jacket but you may not even want to be using a spray at all. I would just be extra careful and avoid stains as best you can.
https://www.topoftheline.com/leather...rotectant.html

You can use a damp cloth for stains for alcantara more then you can do for suede, alcantara is much more resistant to stains/damage then suede.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: