Spots on Gauge Cluster Screen - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Spots on Gauge Cluster Screen

Old 01-05-19, 03:03 AM
thallium
Rookie

Default Spots on Gauge Cluster Screen

I've got a recently bought 2013 GS350 and there are spots on the gauge cluster screen that I can't get off. Looked like someone sneezed on it but I tried water, alcohol and finally tried some Meguiars Plastx and nothing has touched it. I didn't go too hard on it with the Plastx though and only did a small masked off part because I was afraid of making a bigger mess. Plastx might be able to work if I gave it more elbow grease so considering yanking the whole thing out and doing it or just wet sanding it all.

Anyone else have a similar situation?
Old 01-05-19, 03:20 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Armor all and other crap dashboard cleaners/sprays damages the plastic lens. Best bet is to buy a brand new one from Lexus around $30-$40

P/N 83852-30K60
www.TaninAutoElectronix.com

http://www.facebook.com/TaninAutoElectronix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaninAuto For This Useful Post:
Lexus2000 (01-05-19), thallium (01-05-19)
Old 01-05-19, 08:35 PM
Lexus2000
Lexus Champion

For that price hardly worth it to restore your lens. You can do it by wet sanding then polishing.
Old 01-05-19, 11:44 PM
thallium
Rookie

I don't think it's damage from chemicals, it looks like hard water spots. There were similar spots on the side mirrors and on the glossy plastic in the center console. The only way I got the spots off the mirrror was by using Barkeepers Friend cleanser and elbow grease.

$30-40 doesn't seem that bad. I might try sanding and polishing and if it all goes south I could replace it.
Old 01-08-19, 02:43 PM
bc6152
Lexus Champion

We have very hard water here in SE PA. Read online that detailers use a vinegar and water mix to remove water spots on the windscreen. The wife bought a vinegar soap at the dollar store and I tried it on the glass. Took all of the water spots off with one wipe. This, after buying Meguiar's water spot removal for about $5.00 and getting mixed results.
I didn't get it on the paint, not knowing what it would do if anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: