Chemical Guys - Arsenal Builder Car Care Kit - Good deal? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Automotive Care & Detailing
Chemical Guys - Arsenal Builder Car Care Kit - Good deal? >

Chemical Guys - Arsenal Builder Car Care Kit - Good deal?

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Chemical Guys - Arsenal Builder Car Care Kit - Good deal?

Old 11-30-18, 04:27 PM
carblogger
Driver School Candidate

Default Chemical Guys - Arsenal Builder Car Care Kit - Good deal?

I was looking to get a car cleaning kit for my father-in-law for Christmas and came across what I think is a pretty good deal on what they call their
Arsenal Builder Car kit Arsenal Builder Car kit
. It comes with bucket, foam blaster, applicators, and products. Also has a 20% off coupon right now - which makes it only like $80. Is this a good deal, or do you know of better ones? I was thinking the foam blaster might be good for him since he's in his 70's (but he still likes washing his car), and that might help him out?

I think it makes a good holiday gift, but if you guys know of a better deal out there, I'm all ears!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-11-18 at 12:41 PM. Reason: removed affiliate link
Old 12-01-18, 03:19 PM
14RX350
Rookie

I haven't tried chemical guys, but I can say that I think the foam Cannon is a good idea. It makes washing the car much easier.
Old 12-03-18, 07:53 AM
TRD_Power
Lexus Champion

I'm personally not the biggest fan of Chemical Guys, but I can honestly say that's a pretty good overall deal. You could piece together a kit with better products, but it'd probably run you quite a bit more. I say go for it.
Old 12-06-18, 06:58 AM
GunnyFitz
Lead Lap

As an avid "Amateur Detailer" I have to agree w TRD above. CG is highly overrated IMHO. We're all brand loyalists to something whether we know it or not. This Thread I made awhile back may contain some additional help for you on both Products and where the best deals are. Im an AutoGeek Fan and they offer some deep 25-30% discounts all the time. I'm sure they're gonna have some killer Christmas Specials too. They have TONS of Kits here....AutoGeek Car Care Kits
My brand of choice has always been "Pinnacle", but now that I had a full PPF & Ceramic Coat done I use GTechniq Products and 2nd the idea of using a Foam Cannon for sure!
Just my 3 cents for today. Happy shopping man!!
Old 12-06-18, 02:22 PM
np20412
Lexus Fanatic

At the current price of $65 it's a GREAT deal even being CG products. CG products are not inherently bad, you can just typically get better products at the same cost.
Old 12-06-18, 05:08 PM
carblogger
Driver School Candidate

Thanks np20412. It seems to me that all of the major players are pretty expensive (Griots, Adams, Chemical Guys) and that Meguiars is a bit cheaper... but I tend to like to try new product (and I've used just about every Meguiars product at some point or another).

Holy cow, you're right - it's only $65 today (for another 8 hours) - I'm buying a kit for me too just to check it out. One for the father in law and one for me too
Chemical Guys Arsenal builder kit Chemical Guys Arsenal builder kit
for $65.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-11-18 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-06-18, 09:25 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Don't expect a miracle with that... it's just a bucket and some soap and alot of scrubbing just like people have been doing for decades. CG has a great marketing department, fancy labels, etc. Some of their stuff is good but alot of it is overpriced crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to 97-SC300 For This Useful Post:
GunnyFitz (12-07-18)
Old 12-16-18, 03:26 PM
baconRx
Pole Position

i thought chemical guys was the cheap option. at least cheaper than adams or ammo. anyone have suggestions for a caked on bake dust or a good wax/sealant

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: