ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Care & Detailing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/)
-   -   What tire shine do you use? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing/901623-what-tire-shine-do-you-use.html)

CharmCtyIS 10-09-18 07:57 AM

What tire shine do you use?

I had been using Meguire's NXT Insane Shine for a while and it is a nice product but didn't last too long. I switched to Griot's Garage 10938 Black Shine Tire & Trim Coating and found this to be the best tire shine I've ever used. The spray is incredibly neat and accurate with no over spray so the application goes on very smooth and even. Plus it lasts for a while with out any sling.

AirForce8 10-09-18 08:00 AM

I had the dealership throw in a bottle of what they use. They did but it was an unmarked bottle and I can't pry it out of them what brand it is. Fortunately the salesman promised me a bottle anytime I want. If I ever find out the brand I'll post it. It looks great I'll say that.

SoCalRX 10-09-18 01:31 PM

I use Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel that I purchase by the gallon.

UDel 10-09-18 03:09 PM

Optimum Tire Shine is very good. Tuf Shine is one of the best I have experienced, it is expensive though and you have to really clean the tires before applying it.

97-SC300 10-09-18 04:34 PM

I got tired of using tire shine and just clear coated my tires.

chinee 10-09-18 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 97-SC300 (Post 10329130)
I got tired of using tire shine and just clear coated my tires.

Hope you used an adhesion promoter...:thumbup:

I've found Meg's Endurance Tire Gel to be good stuff and it lasts.

ALL4SPL 10-10-18 04:08 AM

I personally use this;
You can adjust the shine based on water to dressing mixture, additionally since it's water based it will not leave a residue and then brown as many silicone based dressings can do.

ArmyofOne 10-10-18 07:22 AM

^I second the Meguair's hyper-dressing. Love that stuff. My wheels are plasti-dipped which doesn't have a gloss to it. When i apply my hyper-dressing to my tires, I just spray it on the wheels too and let it dry. Looks outstanding until it rains.

ostneb 10-10-18 09:42 AM

I use Aerospace 440

LS430FL 10-10-18 09:55 AM

I use chemical guys high gloss dressing with applicator and I love it. Lasts a long time and looks great. Don't have any sling issues when applied with applicator. Don't overload it.

chinee 10-10-18 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by LS430FL (Post 10329660)
I use chemical guys high gloss dressing with applicator and I love it. Lasts a long time and looks great. Don't have any sling issues when applied with applicator. Don't overload it.

Same with the Meg’s Endurance gel, don’t overload the sponge, apply just enough to the sidewall to get the shine, and you won’t have it slinging all over the paint.

My442 10-10-18 11:51 AM

Can't beat Zaino products.

chinee 10-10-18 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by My442 (Post 10329759)
Can't beat Zaino products.

I first heard of Zaino back in 2003 on Autopia (I believe), it was all the rage, with users layering 2,3 and more coats of the wax... in all this time I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bottle of the stuff. I was always a simple Meguiar’s fan, and I’m still a fan. But I’ve added a little Blackfire, Sonax and Mckee’s to my collection.

Is Zaino still available? And where?

UDel 10-10-18 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by chinee (Post 10329800)

I first heard of Zaino back in 2003 on Autopia (I believe), it was all the rage, with users layering 2,3 and more coats of the wax... in all this time I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bottle of the stuff. I was always a simple Meguiar’s fan, and I’m still a fan. But I’ve added a little Blackfire, Sonax and Mckee’s to my collection.

Is Zaino still available? And where?

I don't think Zaino has ever been available anywhere aside from the Zaino company, you won't find it on Amazon and certainly not at any retail store. I have used it, still have some left, it is a excellent product, kind of pricey and you have to have a very clean surface and is at least a 2 step process.
http://www.zainostore.com/

autotech13 10-11-18 01:20 PM

My442, I'm with you. Can't beat Zaino!