ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Care & Detailing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/)
-   -   Any new Spray On sealants? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing/899473-any-new-spray-on-sealants.html)

jincuteguy 09-13-18 10:35 PM

Any new Spray On sealants?

Any new and latest Spray On / Rinse Off sealants like CarPro Hydro2, Gyeon WetCoat, Hydroselix? It's 2018 I thought there are better products like these now aday.

My442 10-03-18 04:16 PM

Sonax Spray and Seal.

Tried it last weekend, and works fantastic!

GunnyFitz 10-05-18 05:00 AM

NOT A Fan

Originally Posted by jincuteguy (Post 10306253)
Any new and latest Spray On / Rinse Off sealants like CarPro Hydro2, Gyeon WetCoat, Hydroselix? It's 2018 I thought there are better products like these now aday.

Did you like using the Hydro2 on your car before? Hydro2 Sealant
I first tried it on my wifes RX350 and did NOT care for it whatsoever. Only thing I use the bottle for now is my shower Also- How does one go about getting this Sealant OFF a vehicle? I assume a good Wash, Decontaminant (Clay Bar) and polish, no?

EXP_Cougar 10-05-18 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz (Post 10324951)
I first tried it on my wifes RX350 and did NOT care for it whatsoever. Only thing I use the bottle for now is my shower Also- How does one go about getting this Sealant OFF a vehicle? I assume a good Wash, Decontaminant (Clay Bar) and polish, no?

Curious to understand what you did not like about Hydro2. Had no intent to use it but did see a lot of good reviews about it.

Pretty sure you would need to polish it off, but it should come off easier than ceramic.

Blkexcoupe 10-05-18 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz (Post 10324951)

Same way you remove any other sealant. Polish it off.

97-SC300 10-06-18 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe (Post 10325762)
Same way you remove any other sealant. Polish it off.

Why would you remove a sealant to begin with?

Why not just drive your car, wash it a couple of times, and naturally wear out the protection? It's not a ceramic coating, Hydro gets removed off your car in about 2-3 good washes. Polishing the car is nonsense unless you got too much time on your hands.

GunnyFitz 10-19-18 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 97-SC300 (Post 10326350)
Why would you remove a sealant to begin with?

Why not just drive your car, wash it a couple of times, and naturally wear out the protection? It's not a ceramic coating, Hydro gets removed off your car in about 2-3 good washes. Polishing the car is nonsense unless you got too much time on your hands.

Like you said, Im just going to let nature, and weekly washes take its course to remove this spray on sealant. I'll break out the Clay Bar and Porter Cable DA Polisher when it comes time to do the Full Monty on her car. Just had mine Professionally done w PPF and Ceramic Coating on top of the Film. I have massed my own store worth of Products from roof to wheels, and Yes- often have way too much time on my hands too! lol :)