Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

So how do detailers achieve this ?

Old 08-25-18, 01:31 AM
jdanielca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4 View Post

It is quite simple. If your seats are dirty enough, any quality leather cleaner and a leather brush can tackle this job with very little effort or time.

https://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-...ather-cleaner/

https://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-...her-cleaner-2/
well the gyeon looks much more interesting than the rest that I have seen, I will give it a whirl and best thing it is available in Ukraine.. easy...
Old 08-25-18, 08:14 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 142 Likes on 120 Posts

I would not just go by marketing pictures, they are often manipulated to make results look impressive.
Old 08-27-18, 04:01 AM
jdanielca
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UDel View Post
I would not just go by marketing pictures, they are often manipulated to make results look impressive.
Are you saying zach manipulated those pictures purely for marketing purposes? wow...... that is some comment...
Old 08-27-18, 04:24 AM
GunnyFitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts
Default No Issues

Originally Posted by SeanO View Post
So leatherique works well for reviving the leather seats??

I have perforated seats up front and I've read that the conditioner or cleaner can be tough to remove from such holes...?
I've had perforated leather for YEARS and apply my Meguiars Leather Conditioner liberally with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I dont "pour" it onto seats and push it into the perforation, I use it on the microfiber. As for the Leatherique, you qont find any problems w that stuff either. Its oil that you massage into leather w your bare hands (or gloves up) and let that stuff bake in the sun for 24 hrs. THEN you use their Spray Cleaner to remove all the oil. Its then you'll see that matte plain leather appearance like the pics show. It really works well I admit. However, I prefer more of a Sheen or Shine on my leather. Just my personal preference that's all.
Give it a shot and see!
Hell, I'll sell you my kit if you wanna try it! (No I'm not posting "For Sale" here either) Used it just one time and it's just not my cup of coffee.
Old 08-27-18, 09:24 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdanielca View Post
Are you saying zach manipulated those pictures purely for marketing purposes? wow...... that is some comment...
No, I am not accusing anyone of manipulating anything, I am just saying often times marketing "before and afters" are manipulated or the results are often not very realistic for what users can expect.

I just used leatherique yesterday on a somewhat worn/shiny/cracking part on my drivers seat of my GS350 with semi aniline leather. It did absolutely nothing to improve the look or feel which I expected after having used it before, the before and after looked exactly the same in real world, actually after wiping it, it is somewhat more shiny then the area I did not use it on. I am just trying to give you realistic expectations and to not just go by before and after pics, those impressive dramatic before and after pics are not normally representative of the results actual users are going to get from single products in my experience. They can be manipulated in many ways from photoshop, using a leather piece that is in good shape but had some kind of mild product wiped on to give it a shiny appearance where the product or simple cleaning will easily remove it and give a dramatic before and after, going through a very thorough cleaning process through steaming/scrubbing/sanding to get results, using a top grain/quality leather with no poly coating that responds very well to leather cleaning products unlike polyurethane coated car leathers, etc.
Old 08-27-18, 02:16 PM
jdanielca
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UDel View Post
No, I am not accusing anyone of manipulating anything, I am just saying often times marketing "before and afters" are manipulated or the results are often not very realistic for what users can expect.

I just used leatherique yesterday on a somewhat worn/shiny/cracking part on my drivers seat of my GS350 with semi aniline leather. It did absolutely nothing to improve the look or feel which I expected after having used it before, the before and after looked exactly the same in real world, actually after wiping it, it is somewhat more shiny then the area I did not use it on. I am just trying to give you realistic expectations and to not just go by before and after pics, those impressive dramatic before and after pics are not normally representative of the results actual users are going to get from single products in my experience. They can be manipulated in many ways from photoshop, using a leather piece that is in good shape but had some kind of mild product wiped on to give it a shiny appearance where the product or simple cleaning will easily remove it and give a dramatic before and after, going through a very thorough cleaning process through steaming/scrubbing/sanding to get results, using a top grain/quality leather with no poly coating that responds very well to leather cleaning products unlike polyurethane coated car leathers, etc.
did you let leatherique bake? I am not that interested to have something take so long to work. this is my only car I do not have time to let it sit around. also they do not sell it here and buying online and waiting for weeks meh... since I was gonna try wetcoat by gyeon I figure I try their leather cleaner too.. I will let you know if it even comes close.
Old 08-27-18, 09:54 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdanielca View Post
did you let leatherique bake? I am not that interested to have something take so long to work. this is my only car I do not have time to let it sit around. also they do not sell it here and buying online and waiting for weeks meh... since I was gonna try wetcoat by gyeon I figure I try their leather cleaner too.. I will let you know if it even comes close.
Yes, let it bake for several hours in a hot car left outside in the sun.

When I tried to address the issues with my 2nd Gen GS leather I applied Leatherique 2 or 3 times, let it bake all day/sit over night. It just did not do anything or give those dramatic results I was hoping for. It is a highly rated product and I am sure it works in many situations but with automotive poly coated leathers that get that waxy look/feel from sun damage/wear it just does not work or give those dramatic results, pretty much nothing does unless you probably go through more dramatic steps that will likely remove the poly coating coating or take most of it off. Really wish there was a product/way to rescue worn waxy shiny automotive leathers and get them soft/supple/matte again but I have not heard of it after a lot of research and trying several products.
Old 08-28-18, 09:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 680 Likes on 559 Posts

When your leather gets to a certain point, what you need to do to have that dramatic turnaround is re-dye it.
Old 09-01-18, 12:06 PM
14RX350
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just tried Leather Masters Leather Protection Cream for the first time and was really pleased with the results. It left a nice matte finish like shown in the photos. With the help of Jfelbab, I think I've finally put together a routine that I'm happy with.
I use the recommended cleaning procedure in the manual and then just add one extra step by coating the leather with the Leather Masters Protection Cream. It's the best results I've gotten yet, so I plan to stick with this method.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So how do detailers achieve this ?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: