Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Resource?
AutoGeek
45.83%
Detailed Image
20.83%
Rag Company
4.17%
Detailing.Com
0%
Obssessed Garage
12.50%
Other (Who?)
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Whats Your Favorite Resource & Product?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-18, 10:35 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

You can adjust your techniques to minimize the streaking... hydro also streaks... From the manufacturer directly, they labeled hydro as 3 months durability whereas the reload has 6 months. Id take their word for it since they are the ones who formulated the products.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-08-18, 11:58 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Hydro is labeled 3 to 6 months. Kind of comes down to how often you wash the car and if you follow directions with dilution ratios. I've let hydro go for 8 months on my minivan with monthly car washes using carpro reset and it held up fine.

The part that makes Hydro inconvenient (especially here in sunny socal) is that it's very temperature sensitive (paint and ambient), so I can't always use it. I had to wash the car at 5am before sunrise yesterday in order to clean the car before paint temperature got too high. At least with a product like reload, I could wash the car outside and pull it into the garage to apply reload if I needed to.
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 06:19 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

No-one has just one favorite product or resource.

Here are a few products and resources I use/visit almost daily.

Interior:
• Meguiar's D14901 Quik Interior Detailer,

Exterior:
• Meguiar's D15501 Last Touch Detailing Spray
• Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax

Glass:
Meguiar's D12001 Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Resources:
• Club Lexus
• Meguiar's on-line
• AutoGeek
• Autopia
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 07:59 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up Nice !!

Originally Posted by ALL4SPL
I shop on Amazon, hence my OTHER vote. While autogeek is in my state they take too long even for the same state to ship and for the stuff I want to arrive. I am not SUPER heavy into detailing so my products are things pretty much ANYONE can use. When I first brought home my 17 ES I did a clay bar once over and examined the car for any major issues, surprisingly there was only a few minor imperfections that were corrected by hand. Then it got 2 coats of Megs Ultimate Liquid wax. As you can see I mainly use Meguiar's products. My weekly routine is Megs Gold Class wash (2 bucket method), with a lambskin mit, I use Megs D170 hyper dressing on my tires (water based so no leftover goo), and after the car is washed and dry via blower, I use D156 Megs synthetic wax do finish the drying and keep the super slick surface. I do have a few other items from Chemical Guys and Mothers, as well as a Megs DA Polisher. But those won't be needed for a while as I do my washing routine weekly, and the car is garaged when I am at home.
You mean they don't have an actual Storefront you can go into in Stuart? Wow- that sucks, would be a hit to have a Retail Store IMHO. Sorry to hear that.

Being the Meguiar fan you are, I should have this on my doorstep by tomorrow since I thought I give more of their stuff a try!
https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ul...l-bag-kit.html
As I said earlier, their Leather Conditioner is my ALL TIME FAVE because I actually like a "Shiny" appearance to my leather. Not slippery or greasy, just something that makes a shine / sheen - so I just ordered another gallon of it.

To "jfelbab" - Also As Stated Earlier, and in several posts - I was NOT able to select the Option for choosing more than ONE Resource or Product. I'd be a fool to think people would only carry just ONE Brand or shop from ONE Company! Regardless of where you shop, its prudent to wait around for the deeper discount sales if you elect to receive weekly/monthly emails. For instance, Rag Co just had a 30% off, but I bought the Kit above, and more of the awesome Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner AGAIN! Too bad they don't make gallon refills of this stuff. Its HANDS DOWN the best wheel cleaner I have EVER used, and safe for ANY type of wheel and coating too! If you haven't tried this yet- PLEASE do so and let me know what you think!

https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ul...l-cleaner.html

Gunny Out (Have to post my Dyno Results on my Armytrix Thread before these guys lynch me!)
Old 07-09-18, 08:11 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Here I Go !

Originally Posted by k20trick
From my experience, I would also skip that sun joe pressure washers, they use exclusive fittings and you wont be able to slap on a generic fitting such as a 50" hose, just go to your local store and buy the greenworks, they are more user friendly and work better with universal fittings.

This may be something to consider on your next pressure washer purchase. If your fine with all the exclusive lines, hoses, etc with the sun joe then by all means it may be a great purchase for you.
K20-

Look what I picked up at Lowes yesterday man! Perhaps you can send me some links to the attachments that will fit this sucker?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-...her/1000179039

I'm on the AutoGeek Forum too and seems the big hit for Foam Soap is either McKees or something like "Honeydew (?)" Either way, I'll give this soap foam a shot (Pun intended) because I have 3 Vehicles in our household. The Dodge Ram stands 7" tall so maybe it'll come in handy for that. Still trying to figure out how to put it together right now! LMAO
Old 07-09-18, 08:18 AM
ALL4SPL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
You mean they don't have an actual Storefront you can go into in Stuart? Wow- that sucks, would be a hit to have a Retail Store IMHO. Sorry to hear that.

Being the Meguiar fan you are, I should have this on my doorstep by tomorrow since I thought I give more of their stuff a try!
https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ul...l-bag-kit.html
As I said earlier, their Leather Conditioner is my ALL TIME FAVE because I actually like a "Shiny" appearance to my leather. Not slippery or greasy, just something that makes a shine / sheen - so I just ordered another gallon of it.

To "jfelbab" - Also As Stated Earlier, and in several posts - I was NOT able to select the Option for choosing more than ONE Resource or Product. I'd be a fool to think people would only carry just ONE Brand or shop from ONE Company! Regardless of where you shop, its prudent to wait around for the deeper discount sales if you elect to receive weekly/monthly emails. For instance, Rag Co just had a 30% off, but I bought the Kit above, and more of the awesome Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner AGAIN! Too bad they don't make gallon refills of this stuff. Its HANDS DOWN the best wheel cleaner I have EVER used, and safe for ANY type of wheel and coating too! If you haven't tried this yet- PLEASE do so and let me know what you think!

https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ul...l-cleaner.html

Gunny Out (Have to post my Dyno Results on my Armytrix Thread before these guys lynch me!)
They could have a storefront but I live in Longwood, FL which is central FL. However in my ordering past with autogeek, its been 24 hours from order to ship, then another day for travel, and with Amazon Prime, the prices are sometimes better and it comes in 1-2 days max. Now for specific things I cannot find on Amazon, I use Autogeek 100%. I do also use The Rag Company for my microfibers, again though most of the time the pricing on Amazon is better, not including if they are having a site wide sale.
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 10:34 AM
k20trick
Instructor

K20-

Look what I picked up at Lowes yesterday man! Perhaps you can send me some links to the attachments that will fit this sucker?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-...her/1000179039

I'm on the AutoGeek Forum too and seems the big hit for Foam Soap is either McKees or something like "Honeydew (?)" Either way, I'll give this soap foam a shot (Pun intended) because I have 3 Vehicles in our household. The Dodge Ram stands 7" tall so maybe it'll come in handy for that. Still trying to figure out how to put it together right now! LMAO
Good job Brotha!

The model below that one is the same one I have, more than enough power to do all the cars, I modded mine by unbolting the motor to the cart, etc... so that it may be easily transportable.

All you need now is a good foam cannon either mtm, 50" goodyear hose (25" is way too short to get around the car safely), high pressure gun small ones with quick fitting, high pressure flexible wand with quick fitting, and use those white/green inserts that came with the greenworks and your good to go.

I also did a custom mod to the vac n blo, blows almost as strong as master blaster, but works great with vacuum as well best of all its less than half the size and the way I modded it has no cross contamination when vacuuming and blowing the car.
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 11:03 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Info Details

Good job Brotha!

All you need now is a good foam cannon either mtm, 50" goodyear hose (25" is way too short to get around the car safely), high pressure gun small ones with quick fitting, high pressure flexible wand with quick fitting, and use those white/green inserts that came with the greenworks and your good to go.

That's what I mean brother.
WHICH Foam Cannons will work with this Unit? ANY??
Do I want the "Foam Gun" or the "Foam Cannon" Im lost?
Doesn't it have the little container that you fill up with a certain amount of concentrated soap? What brand do you use? I even posted a Thread about this on the AG Forum and just cannot figure this stuff out (I know you don't know this, but I was blown up in Iraq and have a TBI) Even putting this PW together took me an hour. Certain things are much more difficult to me than the avg guy.

Im in no rush, but perhaps when you find time, perhaps paste some choices for me to look at / order either here or in a PM to me - Id be extremely grateful my friend?
Feel free to paste as many items as you can on the Cannon, Hose, Soap, etc. All at your leisure ok?
Many thanks!
Old 07-09-18, 11:57 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

That's what I mean brother.
WHICH Foam Cannons will work with this Unit? ANY??
Do I want the "Foam Gun" or the "Foam Cannon" Im lost?
Doesn't it have the little container that you fill up with a certain amount of concentrated soap? What brand do you use? I even posted a Thread about this on the AG Forum and just cannot figure this stuff out (I know you don't know this, but I was blown up in Iraq and have a TBI) Even putting this PW together took me an hour. Certain things are much more difficult to me than the avg guy.

Im in no rush, but perhaps when you find time, perhaps paste some choices for me to look at / order either here or in a PM to me - Id be extremely grateful my friend?
Feel free to paste as many items as you can on the Cannon, Hose, Soap, etc. All at your leisure ok?
Many thanks!
- Any foam cannon will work with your unit since it has a standard quick disconnect fitting. Some brands use proprietary fittings (karcher comes to mind), so you run into issues finding an appropriate fitting.

- You want a foam cannon. Foam cannon = use with pressure washer and thick foam, Foam gun = use with a regular garden hose and has lots of suds, but not thick foam.

- MTM hydro makes the most popular cannon in the detailing world. There are cheaper ones on the market, that will get the job done, but they're not built to be as durable. You'll need to buy one with the appropriate quick disconnect fitting included or buy the gun and fitting separately. This is the bare minimum to get started: https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...nt=33584719363 Everything else mentioned is for preference.

- Any well known car soap will work in the foam cannon, but some look cooler than others. You'll be fine with the Mckee's Xtreme foam or Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow.
GunnyFitz (07-10-18)
Old 07-09-18, 12:01 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up Thank you!

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
- Any foam cannon will work with your unit since it has a standard quick disconnect fitting. Some brands use proprietary fittings (karcher comes to mind), so you run into issues finding an appropriate fitting.

- You want a foam cannon. Foam cannon = use with pressure washer and thick foam, Foam gun = use with a regular garden hose and has lots of suds, but not thick foam.

- MTM hydro makes the most popular cannon in the detailing world. There are cheaper ones on the market, that will get the job done, but they're not built to be as durable. You'll need to buy one with the appropriate quick disconnect fitting included or buy the gun and fitting separately.
- Any well known car soap will work in the foam cannon, but some look cooler than others. You'll be fine with the Mckee's Xtreme foam or Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow.

THATS the one I was trying to explain earlier- Thanks!

Ok, I see you're on Obsessed Garage again too!
So THAT is the one I want huh? Why spend half that and have it break a month later right? Gotcha man.

Appreciate the hookup (no pun intended)
Old 07-09-18, 12:03 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Forgot to add have you invested in a cr spotless system? Im not sure if you have hardwater or not, but that paint deserves only the finest water available. Maybe something to consider. The CR Spotless system actually lasts a lot longer using it in conjunction with a power washer.
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 09:08 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

From my experience, I would also skip that sun joe pressure washers, they use exclusive fittings and you wont be able to slap on a generic fitting such as a 50" hose, just go to your local store and buy the greenworks, they are more user friendly and work better with universal fittings.

This may be something to consider on your next pressure washer purchase. If your fine with all the exclusive lines, hoses, etc with the sun joe then by all means it may be a great purchase for you.
Not all Sun Joe pressure washer uses proprietary fittings.... many of the higher up models uses standard stuff. Fortunately, the ones that don't still have standard fittings coming out of the unit so you can buy longer hose, but you'll have to buy another spray gun to go with it.

Anyhow, I buy most of my stuff from Autogeek and Amazon. My favorite product is a toss-up between CarPro Hydro2 and my CR Spotless DI water system. I hardly get shade where I park so Reload is a no-go for me. I don't have the patience like I used to so you won't catch me applying Reload to my front grill or multi-spoke wheels. Hydro2 is so easy to use that I don't mind the 2-3 months durability. My CR Spotless has been godsend. Apply soap via foam cannon, pressure wash it down, then let the sun dry the paint.
GunnyFitz (07-10-18)
Old 07-09-18, 10:13 PM
jmontoya21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Detailed image, has my vote, car geek is great too.
Old 07-10-18, 06:40 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Car Geek?

Originally Posted by jmontoya21
Detailed image, has my vote, car geek is great too.
Hmm, never heard of "Car Geek" - guessing you meant "AutoGeek" because this is all I find in Google:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=Car%20geek

So, after looking at the Foam Cannon I couldn't conceive HOW that thing connects to the PW. Of course I knew Matt from OG would have a video on it! lol

Tell me if this is correct please?

1) Remove that long wand piece from gun
2) Screw on the Foam Cannon
3) Spray the car down w foam
4) Remove Foam Cannon, reattach Wand
5) Rinse car with water

That CR System costs a good penny doesn't it?
Are yoos guys saying that with that thing you don't get any water spots at ALL?? In that case, I can see its a good investment. Where does it attach? Directly to outdoor faucet, or must it be inside the house somewhere?

This definitely changes the entire process of washing ones car doesn't it guys!
Old 07-10-18, 07:02 AM
ALL4SPL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The only reason I have not considered a CR System, is from reviews I have read the resin only lasts about 15 washes? Maybe someone with one can chime in, since I can only go on online reviews, and for the cost of the unit and the resin thats a bit much if your someone like me who washes almost if not every week.

Quick Reply: Whats Your Favorite Resource & Product?