Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Resource?
AutoGeek
45.83%
Detailed Image
20.83%
Rag Company
4.17%
Detailing.Com
0%
Obssessed Garage
12.50%
Other (Who?)
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Whats Your Favorite Resource & Product?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-18, 12:08 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

No, I havent had a chance. Scheduling is always tricky.
Old 08-06-18, 06:06 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

ADDENDUM: The previous "Soap Shot" I posted was with the Chemical Guys Honeydew Product which produced decent foam, yet left surface quite "tacky"
Subsequently used the "McKees" Foam soap that impressed me more with both thickness of foam, and a smooth, slippery finish after drying. I like em both though.
This McKee's From Amazon This McKee's From Amazon

PS; For those of you who like to detail wheels and lower half of car with a bit more ease on your back. This helped me BIGTIME!
A Must Have- for Old Bones! A Must Have- for Old Bones!
Old 02-06-19, 05:26 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Oh the times they are changing!!
Since posting this last one on McKee's and CG Foam Soap, Ive already had hat Greenworks 1800psi PW break on me, Lowe's took it back, gave me a new Greenworks 2000psi, and now Im about to step WAY UP and arm it with a complete MTM Hydro Pro Series from Esoteric, or MTM themselves. (I wouldn't purchase a Tshirt from Obsessed Garage so don't even get me going on that Toolbag!) Those of you who own a Big Box Pressure Washer know how frustrating those "Kinkless Hoses" can be to move around, therefore I'll be adding a 50" High Pressure Hose to this awesome SGS28 Gun/Foam Cannon - MTM cant be beat.

One thing I'd really like to know...Anyone here use this "Ammo NYC" Waterless Gear at all? Love to hear some Pro's and Cons please?
Old 02-06-19, 08:23 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Dallas Paint Correction and Luxury Microfiber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl...QbHMmKdVWTleaQ
Old 05-02-19, 06:05 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

I think its safe to say that everyone enjoys using a quality Foam Cannon to blanket their car with tons of thick suds! In my experience, MTM Hydro makes the best on the market, and using this tool with your Pressure Washer makes for one heck of a serious cleansing! I highly suggest using a reputable Brand Name for Soap - as you cant just put any soap inside the Foam Cannon Canister. There are tons out there to choose from, so doing your homework is key. I only use "GTechniq "Wash" Soap in my MTM Cannon.

I generally wash my cars once a week, and when I don't have time (or energy) to do a full Foam Cannon Wash, I use a "Waterless or Rinseless" Wash system. One of the best products is definitely Optimums ONR - which I soak about 8 quality Microfiber Towels in the bucket, and use those to "gently" wipe away all the dirt, dust, and grime. You can use their "Big Red Sponge" technique if you wish too- but ALWAYS use clean, high quality MF Towels for sure!

I'm always one to try different products on the market, and in my own personal opinion (My Disclaimer) I have found my new Go-To Brand and Product that again-In my Personal Opinion - works much, much better than the finish ONR produces. Let me be clear - I am not here to endorse any Company, Brand, or Product whatsoever. I merely pass this info based on my own personal experience as a very avid Amateur Auto Detailer (None of my vehicles go thru automated Car Washes!) With that said.....Ive found an absolutely phenomenal line of products (Yes somewhat pricey) but IMHO they produce the best results Ive found on my vehicles.

In a Post above, I inquired if anyone has used AMMO NYC products. Since then I reached out to the Owner (Larry Kosilla) on whether or not his "Hoseless Lift Kit" superficially the "Frothe" Soap used within his Aerator was safe enough to use on both PPF and Ceramic Coatings. The reply was very educational. He apparently creates and produces his own line of chemicals that are all safe for everyday use. I purchased each one of his kits to try out. In my personal opinion - the Hoseless Lift Kit was incredibly easy to use with only 20 ounces of water! (I did two vehicles with this 20 oz of water!) and the result was just stunning! You simply pump up the Frothe inside the Aerator and spray a coat of soapy film onto the car, and using quality MF Towels, simply wipe it off! THAT SIMPLE - and it does NOT need any rinsing or buckets of water at all too! Spray On, Wipe Off. See for yourself here on his Website which includes tons of awesome videos! However - he does NOT sell his Products on any of the Big Box Stores, which is where people label him a "Boutique Brand" on other Forums.

Ammo Frothe & Hoseless Lift Kit

**Before anyone starts flaming me on "MY PERSONAL OPINIONS" or choice to post on MY favorite Products - this is for educational purposes only. I am NOT here to Advertise or Represent anyone, anything, or any car care product whatsoever! Copy That?
Old 06-03-19, 02:59 PM
cdmn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone here used Zymol products?
Old 06-05-19, 03:14 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up Zymol

Originally Posted by cdmn
Has anyone here used Zymol products?
I actually went to school with the son of the Zymol Founder. I know they used to be a very good product, but slowly drifted away from their stuff over the years. It's a more expensive product than most (Other than my personal favorite - Ammo NYC) but they do make some great wax I know that! You really cant go wrong w Zymol though.
Old 07-01-19, 05:58 PM
CustomSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I purchased my SC430, I've had it wet sanded once at a body shop, then detailed seasonally to keep the "new car" finish. I've also always used a leaf blower to dry the car after washing it to save nasty swirl marks. I think for a 2002 black car, it shines like no other black car I've ever seen. Here's my favorite pic: