Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Resource?
AutoGeek
45.83%
Detailed Image
20.83%
Rag Company
4.17%
Detailing.Com
0%
Obssessed Garage
12.50%
Other (Who?)
16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Whats Your Favorite Resource & Product?

Old 07-10-18, 07:51 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

The og MTM foam cannon lasts forever if taken care of, basically you throw away the green works gun or keep it as spare, buy a longer standard high pressure hose, high pressure gun with standard fitting and quick connect, which then connects to foam cannon or high pressure tips with quick disconnect fittings.

You can foam down the car and wash off, but it will still not remove the matted on dirt without contact, therefore you end up scratching your vehicle thinking its clean.

The cr spotless makes different sizes, the largest size lasted me a year, also keep in mind when using in conjunction with a high pressure system it prolongs the life of the filter, believe it or not high pressure washer actually uses less water than using a regular hose, also when you do the wheels you are not using the filtration, using on the final rinse only will also prolong the life of it.

I could see it lasting 10-15 washes if your using it all the time for everything, but I really dont need it for the wheels/fenders, etc... You can save it for the paint pretty much prolonging the life of it really determines on how you intend to use it or rationalize it imo.

But then again I am an distilled water kind of guy anyways which eliminates any chance of spotting all together even in direct sunny socal weather.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-10-18)
Old 07-10-18, 08:21 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Tell me if this is correct please?

1) Remove that long wand piece from gun
2) Screw on the Foam Cannon
3) Spray the car down w foam
4) Remove Foam Cannon, reattach Wand
5) Rinse car with water

That CR System costs a good penny doesn't it?
Are yoos guys saying that with that thing you don't get any water spots at ALL?? In that case, I can see its a good investment. Where does it attach? Directly to outdoor faucet, or must it be inside the house somewhere?
That is essentially the process. I have a coating on my car so 80% of the time, this is what I do. I only perform a traditional wash once every 4-5 washes.

CR Spotless sell small and large units. The larger the capacity, the more it cost (obviously) but I always recommend getting the largest if you can afford it. No one wants to change resin frequently. There is absolutely no water spots if the meter reads 0 TDS, which it will for the most part. None on the windows and none on the chrome trims, both of which I hate drying because the sun usually beats me.

The system connects between your outside faucet and your garden hose.

Originally Posted by ALL4SPL
The only reason I have not considered a CR System, is from reviews I have read the resin only lasts about 15 washes? Maybe someone with one can chime in, since I can only go on online reviews, and for the cost of the unit and the resin thats a bit much if your someone like me who washes almost if not every week.
The amount of washes you get depends on many factor. If someone is getting only 15 washes, they must be 1)using the smallest system 2)living in an area with very hard water and 3)using a lot more water than necessary.

Use this tool to give you an idea of how many washes you can get:
https://crspotless.com/how-many-washes/

Here is what I'm getting
Model: DIC-20 (bought at Costco for $299, CR sells it for $429).
TDS: 400 (hard hard water)
Flow Rate: 1.6gpm (use a pressure washer, highly recommended)
Trigger time: ~2 minutes
Car Washes: 59

Based on my experience, this is very reasonable. I have two cars that I wash once a week and the resin lasts me 6-7 months. Some people use the CR only for the final rinse which helps longevity. The resin can be expensive if you're not buying in bulk. I think the 1 cu.ft drum from CR costs $220 and that will refill the DIC-20 three times. I bought mine from a company that sells window cleaning supplies. 1 cu.ft for $160 and so far it lasts longer than the original CR resin. Whatever I haven't used gets vacuum sealed.

This system can get expensive but its totally worth it since I have no shade and washing later in the day is not an option.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-10-18)
Old 07-10-18, 10:39 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSteg
That is essentially the process. I have a coating on my car so 80% of the time, this is what I do. I only perform a traditional wash once every 4-5 washes.

CR Spotless sell small and large units. The larger the capacity, the more it cost (obviously) but I always recommend getting the largest if you can afford it. No one wants to change resin frequently. There is absolutely no water spots if the meter reads 0 TDS, which it will for the most part. None on the windows and none on the chrome trims, both of which I hate drying because the sun usually beats me.

The system connects between your outside faucet and your garden hose.

The amount of washes you get depends on many factor. If someone is getting only 15 washes, they must be 1)using the smallest system 2)living in an area with very hard water and 3)using a lot more water than necessary.

Use this tool to give you an idea of how many washes you can get:
https://crspotless.com/how-many-washes/

Here is what I'm getting
Model: DIC-20 (bought at Costco for $299, CR sells it for $429).
TDS: 400 (hard hard water)
Flow Rate: 1.6gpm (use a pressure washer, highly recommended)
Trigger time: ~2 minutes
Car Washes: 59

Based on my experience, this is very reasonable. I have two cars that I wash once a week and the resin lasts me 6-7 months. Some people use the CR only for the final rinse which helps longevity. The resin can be expensive if you're not buying in bulk. I think the 1 cu.ft drum from CR costs $220 and that will refill the DIC-20 three times. I bought mine from a company that sells window cleaning supplies. 1 cu.ft for $160 and so far it lasts longer than the original CR resin. Whatever I haven't used gets vacuum sealed.

This system can get expensive but its totally worth it since I have no shade and washing later in the day is not an option.
TDS 400? My current location was 700-900 must be nice where you live.
Old 07-10-18, 11:35 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
TDS 400? My current location was 700-900 must be nice where you live.
Err not really nice, but reasonable I suppose.. If you're getting 700-900, it's possible your plumbing is the issue. I'm not sure where you live in California but I'll take a stab and say Los Angeles-ish. lol. The water that comes out of the LA plant has an average TDS of 270ppm. Just checked around various areas in LA county and I'm seeing averages of 400-450 which is reasonable once you factor in the crap water goes through between the plant and your house.
Old 07-10-18, 04:01 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I want to try the CRspotless. Let me know the next time you wash the GS and I'll stop by.

I think you need to add East facing house to your list of needs for the new house. That way the house can shade your driveway when you get home from work. lol
Old 07-12-18, 01:51 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I want to try the CRspotless. Let me know the next time you wash the GS and I'll stop by.

I think you need to add East facing house to your list of needs for the new house. That way the house can shade your driveway when you get home from work. lol
Buy mine lol since you buy so many gear.

full size with new refill kits.
Old 07-12-18, 02:49 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Buy mine lol since you buy so many gear.

full size with new refill kits.
I wasn't in the market to buy one yet, but message me details and your asking price. lol

I was only trying to visit my detailing mentor to try his setup before deciding if I wanted to buy one.
Old 07-12-18, 04:30 PM
k20trick
Instructor

I wasn't in the market to buy one yet, but message me details and your asking price. lol

I was only trying to visit my detailing mentor to try his setup before deciding if I wanted to buy one.
Honestly I changed my needs, basically I use distilled water and only transport this around its far too big, Id gladly trade for smaller one even though this is worth more.
It is the wheeled version with sealed filter new unused filter.
Old 07-13-18, 05:50 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up Foaming Today!

Originally Posted by ALL4SPL
. However in my ordering past with autogeek, its been 24 hours from order to ship, then another day for travel, and with Amazon Prime, the prices are sometimes better and it comes in 1-2 days max. Now for specific things I cannot find on Amazon, I use Autogeek 100%. I do also use The Rag Company for my microfibers, again though most of the time the pricing on Amazon is better, not including if they are having a site wide sale.
Though I use AG for just about everything, Im such an impulse buyer and wanted this gear ASAP, So, Took your advice and used my Amazon Prime to order the MTM Foam Lance (Never heard term "Lance" before)
Amazon Amazon

The Honeydew Soap (Is Watermelon the same thing?)
Amazon Amazon

And McKees Foam Soap
Amazon Amazon

Ordered all this per all your suggestions here. I'm gonna try to use the Greenworks Gun to connect to MTM Container before buying a whole different Gun just for that. I assume that after I foam it down good, I have to screw the Wand Piece back on to Power Wash it all off. I will let you guys know how it all goes if you wish? (Not like you really care, but WTH it's a Forum right?)

PS. One thing I would like to point out is that AutoGeek REALLY came thru for me in a big way this week! My last order exceeded $200, and after the Discount Code dropped it down to like $158. They were running a 4th of July Special and offered 3 Red, White & Blue Microfiber Towels with orders over $200. When I spoke to them they stated I didn't qualify for it because the Discount Code dropped it below the required amount, BUT- wouldn't ya know the very next day, these 3 towels, and a little Spray Bottle of "Pinnacle Carnuba Wax" appeared on my doorstep! The note inside said "Because you are a valued Customer, and we see you favor Pinnacle Products, we decided to provide you with the Patriotic Microfiber Special and a bottle of your favorite wax!" I am still speechless the Rep I spoke with took the time to look into my account and overnight me this gift!

Red, Blue, White & Detail Kit
- FREE Gift With Orders Over $200!
Item Code: FREE-4TH-GIFT
Old 07-13-18, 04:17 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Forget it !!

Sorry guys. Got everything connected properly and hooked it all up to the new Greenworks PW. Test drove it in backyard and had MASSIVE foam shooting out of the MTM Foam Cannon for like 10-15 seconds before BAM!!

I read reviews about this PW unit having electrical issues and sure enough, it tripped the Cord Breaker over and over and over! Was so livid disconnected every piece of it, boxed it back up, and bringing it back for a Gas PW tomrrow am! No way am I going to deal with the sudden drop in pressure due to blown circuits after dropping $180 for an electric PW.
Hey, at least I got the Cannon ready to rock!

To be continued...
Old 07-13-18, 06:36 PM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Autogeek is my goto site for info on products. Gotta do a flash sale or Amazon would probably cheaper. I've always tried to keep my cars clean but just in the last few years have I started trying products outside of what's available at Advance Auto. I use lots of Meguirs but also Menzerna (Jesscar) on my Benz paint and Collinite 845. Great results so far.
Old 07-13-18, 08:58 PM
k20trick
Instructor

That's what I mean brother.
WHICH Foam Cannons will work with this Unit? ANY??
Do I want the "Foam Gun" or the "Foam Cannon" Im lost?
Doesn't it have the little container that you fill up with a certain amount of concentrated soap? What brand do you use? I even posted a Thread about this on the AG Forum and just cannot figure this stuff out (I know you don't know this, but I was blown up in Iraq and have a TBI) Even putting this PW together took me an hour. Certain things are much more difficult to me than the avg guy.

Im in no rush, but perhaps when you find time, perhaps paste some choices for me to look at / order either here or in a PM to me - Id be extremely grateful my friend?
Feel free to paste as many items as you can on the Cannon, Hose, Soap, etc. All at your leisure ok?
Many thanks!
Nice, should pick up those yard smith quick connect kits from Lowes they save time and headaches work wonders if your connecting and disconnecting any type of water connection on a regular basis.
Old 07-14-18, 11:45 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Success!!

Brought the 2200psi Greenworks back n got an 1800psi one that worked like a charm with the MTM Foam Cannon! ..

Have to play around with the settings on it a bit. Didnt like the Vertical style spray setting. Got one heavy foam done, let's it sit a bit, washed it off and got another whole coat on which I used a nice soft wash Mitt on to ensure a few dirty areas had attention. That 32oz bottle got two nice thick heavy coatings which is good to see!

Thanks for all your help guys!

Old 07-14-18, 11:01 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Honestly I changed my needs, basically I use distilled water and only transport this around its far too big, Id gladly trade for smaller one even though this is worth more.
It is the wheeled version with sealed filter new unused filter.
I didn't see a message from you with a price and a deal on an exhaust popped up, so I bought that instead.

Sorry guys. Got everything connected properly and hooked it all up to the new Greenworks PW. Test drove it in backyard and had MASSIVE foam shooting out of the MTM Foam Cannon for like 10-15 seconds before BAM!!

I read reviews about this PW unit having electrical issues and sure enough, it tripped the Cord Breaker over and over and over! Was so livid disconnected every piece of it, boxed it back up, and bringing it back for a Gas PW tomrrow am! No way am I going to deal with the sudden drop in pressure due to blown circuits after dropping $180 for an electric PW.
Hey, at least I got the Cannon ready to rock!

To be continued...
Did you try connecting the PW to a different circuit? It's possible that the circuit you were using couldn't handle the load and it wasn't because of the unit. I guess it doesn't matter anymore since you already got a different unit.
Old 07-15-18, 07:00 AM
k20trick
Instructor

I didn't see a message from you with a price and a deal on an exhaust popped up, so I bought that instead.

Did you try connecting the PW to a different circuit? It's possible that the circuit you were using couldn't handle the load and it wasn't because of the unit. I guess it doesn't matter anymore since you already got a different unit.

Did you have a chance to use your friends to see if you like it?

That green works shows its pushing 14 amps, my question is how do you use your master blaster 19 amps and blow a circuit with something much less powerful as that green works.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats Your Favorite Resource & Product?