Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

FULL DETAIL 4 $129 @ LEXUS of WESTMINSTER (OC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-03, 02:39 PM
tmy727
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FULL DETAIL 4 $129 @ LEXUS of WESTMINSTER (OC)

Lexus Of Westminster is running this FULL DETAIL promo again for $129 ... (last time @ $99). This is still an AWESOME deal....

What they do:

Exterior - Hand wash / Wax & CLAYED!
Interior - Vacuum / Shampoo carpets / Condition Leather
Engine - Steamed

I think the key is CLAYING... other detailer will charge more without CLAYING and STEAMED engine. Plus, this is a dealership... (QUALITY) SERVICE FIRST. I had both my LX470 and LS400 done and -MaxGS- had his GS300 also done there... the results are incredible!

ps... this AD/COUPON is in a Vietnamese newspaper called "NGUOI VIET" (translated Vietnamese People) If you don't have the ad, I would just tell them that you saw it there and was told you don't need it (something like that)... they shouldn't give you a hard time. If not, this newspaper is scattered all over Little Saigon OC. Good luck.

tmy727

Last edited by tmy727; 07-21-03 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-15-03, 06:47 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

This is perfect, I have been searching all over for a detailer in S CA...this is awesome timing!! Any idea how long this promotion is running for? Thanks!

Edit: Also, do you know how long the average wait is?

Last edited by r00kie; 07-15-03 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-21-03, 08:42 AM
tmy727
Rookie

I think it goes til the end of July. And I recalled they gave me a loaner last time I dropped my car off. They would need the whole day.

Last edited by tmy727; 07-21-03 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-23-03, 08:19 AM
Nickv
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today-Wed-I just made an appointment for Friday at Westminster Lexus...for the detail special. Hope it goes great; will let the "club" know after Friday.
NickV
Old 07-24-03, 11:06 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Please let us know how it turned out. I just made an appointment today to have the detail done next Saturday morning. It better still be the same price since it'll be August next week. The service guy said it will only take 1 to 1 1/2 hours, maybe cuz I'm going in the morning.

Can't believe I'm getting excited over getting my car cleaned.
Old 07-26-03, 02:30 PM
Nickv
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my detail! Am Happy! Ok, Rookie et al, here are my findings. My appointment was for 0830 Friday morning. I drove up from Sandy Eggo early, to avoid the traffic, and got to Westminster Lexus (about 2 miles north of 405 on state 39--that's Beach Blvd to locals), about 0700. Got in line..so I was FIRST! Promptly at 730 am, their start time, a service consultant came to my car and wrote me up. He said that it would be about 3-4 hours, but since I was early he would try and get me ahead of my scheduled time. He then directed me to a great customer lounge complete with: bagels, cream cheese, donuts/sweetrolls, juice, reg and decaf coffee, tea. Alas....you did have to serve yourself. I then plopped down in a nice big leather chair facing a nice TV and rotated among the following activities: eating, drinking, sleeping, watching TV (Kelly Ripa is really hot!), reading my Sandy Eggo paper and their LA paper and the New York Times, and my book. Also, I cruised their showroom and used car lot and browsed through their clothing boutique. Yes! You can spend lots of money on great looking, but expensive, casual clothes many with the Lexus logo. I was disappointed in that they don't have a very big parts shop.

My car was ready at 1300, that's 1 PM for civilians. Oh....at lunch time they served sandwiches and sodas, plus all the rest. Of course, bottled water, silly me! When it was ready the guy said that everyone had shown up and he had to honor their schedule hence, that is why it took so long for my detail on my 2000 RX300. Quoted, and actual "special" price was $129.95. It looks like they normally charge $179.95 for the work so you are saving some money.

Now. How was the work? Well, the wax job was good, the interior, carpets/leather, was good, the engine steam clean/detail was good. Notice I said "good." Not fabulous, but damn good and well worth the $130. Would I drive up again and kill the whole day to do it again? Maybe at that price, but not at the regular price. On the other hand the service was excellent, facilties excellent. And let me tell you something so you don't get worried. About half way home---- Oooops! South out of LA on a Friday afternoon--bad idea! Going up in the morning it took me 1 hour 15 minutes for 80 miles; in the afternoon, it took me 3 hours--same distance.

Back to my incident; about half way home, I noticed the cigarette lighter was missing, then I noticed that my flashlight was missing, then my garage door remote, then my folding knife, and worst of all--my retracting dog leash! I am getting pissed thinking the stuff had been stolen. Well, I actually stopped the car on the freeway to check for other missing items and discovered----Ta da! In the rear storage area, EVERYTHING was all nice sacked and tied up. So nothing missing, including the cigarette lighter. Why they took that out though, seems strange to me....

I had a good time. My wife has absconeded with the RX300; I don't know when I will ever get it back. But the ES300's are sure looking awful good. Seriously, I was pleased with Westminster and believe I got a good deal. No regret. Have a good time and let us know about your experience. I did see something that said that the special detail price was good for the month of July, so you might want to call and verify that you would get that price next Friday.
NickV